Sprocket Portable Photo Printer

mom2rose&john

DIS Veteran
My teen daughter has this printer on her wish list. Does anyone know of good deal for BF for this? I have never heard of this until today, lol. Anyone wish to list pros and cons? Thanks.

I plan to get this (or Polaroid Zip) for DD but haven’t seen deals anywhere, yet.

I was planning on buying my DD a Fuji instax 70 camera for the photos but today Dh happen to see a Fuji instax photo printer for iphone. I haven't had a chance to checkout the details. Now I'm wondering between the Fuji instax phone printer, Polaroid or sprocket. For the spocket and polaroid is it special paper? Anyone know how much the ink is? I will keep an eye on this post :)

The sprocket uses Zink paper which is inkless printing. The best deal I saw was the bundle at Costco for $140. It included 60 sheets of paper and a neoprene sleeve (carrying case). The paper is not cheap. It is generally 20 sheets for $10. I did see at Sam’s club they had 60 for $20. I haven’t looked into the Polaroid much but I think it uses the same Zink (zero ink) technology.
Pros-printer is So small it is easy to take anywhere
Lots of fun borders/stickers/ability to write on or customize shots
Photo paper is also a sticker if that’s something she is into.
Cons-I am trying to figure out if there is a way to change the settings or how to edit photos prior to printing as the color they print is not true to the original shots. That being said I just got it and need to play with it a little more-if I can’t correct the issue I will have to return it.
Also it only prints wallet size photos (but I’m assuming she already knows that)

DD is 13 and got a sprocket last year. She loves it! It's not the highest quality prints, but they're good enough. Certainly better than old polaroids. The paper is expensive, but we've been able to find some deals. The $140 deal is about as good as it gets. They were sold out last year for Christmas so not a huge incentive to put them on great sales. I know my Mom got DD's on QVC, but it looks like it's still more expensive than Costco.

The HP sprocket is 15% off today on target.com (i.e. not excluded from their site wide 15% off).
I have a 20% off coupon stating tomorrow. I'm assuming it won't be excluded from that also.

I planned to get the Polaroid Zip at Kohls with all the Kohl's Cash I accumulated but now I may get the Sprocket tomorrow with 20% off at Target and use the Kohl's cash on me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!