SpringHill Suites?

lampshadehead

Mouseketeer
This would be the convention center location on the corner of Katella. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion or heard anything about it? Right now, I have two rooms at BWPPI (booked months ago), but also for about $50 less per room (total), can get rooms at SpringHill Suites. While the location of Park Place is great, I think that we may prefer interior corridors? Their breakfast also looks comparable to BWPPI and the CVS would come in very handy considering this will be our last stop on a 10 day trip from the East Coast. We are not driving, so parking won't be an issue. But, the fact I can't find much about it on the boards, leaves me hesitant. Any advice?

We have stayed here a couple of times, breakfast is hot and plentiful, nice rooms and beds. The CVS was very nice. It has everything most folks would want.

Jack

We stayed there in a big room with bunk beds, 5 people. Adults fit in the bunk beds, room was spacious and in good shape because they had opened recently. Breakfast was typical of something you’d find at a Fairfield Inn or Hyatt Place. No hot tub which is a deal breaker for me (it was just one night so I let it go for that trip) but the rooftop pool area was neat. There’s a coffee chain shop next to the hotel that’s handy (but I like starbucks better) and the cvs was too handy! The walk to DLR is longer though than BWPPI, it’s like a 10 min walk vs crossing the street for BWPPI. Alas I haven’t actually stayed BWPPI so I cannot fully recommend it but I hate the walking to/from the park (because I’m tired enough just from the parks) so in analyzing it I give the edge to BWPPI because by day 2 seeing it would start crushing my soul a little each time.

Fwiw you can easily walk to that CVS from BWPPI for store runs.

We have stayed here a couple of times, breakfast is hot and plentiful, nice rooms and beds. The CVS was very nice. It has everything most folks would want.

Jack

This is exactly what I was going to say as well. We've stayed there 2 or 3 times and have been happy. It's clean (still fairly new), good breakfast, nice people. If I can't stay on property, this is my choice of where to stay.

For only $50 more total, I would keep BWPPI.... From personal experience, at the end of the night, your feet will be whiny about the walk when passing BWPPI.

Is there any benefit to walking to/from the toy story lot for the buses from this SpringHill Suites?

My granddaughter and I stayed at the Residence Inn right next to the Springhill Suites and found it to be nice and convenient as well. Also, if you don't want to walk back and forth to the parks (we didn't), there is a convenient ART bus stop which we used every day. I thought it was a good value and sure did save my feet and legs!

Thank you all for the responses. From the way its looking, I think SpringHill will be the choice. I did the google street view "walk", and it doesn't seem that bad. And yes the ART bus is always an option. When we return from the trip, I will come back and report how this choice went.

For only $50 more total, I would keep BWPPI.... From personal experience, at the end of the night, your feet will be whiny about the walk when passing BWPPI.
Mine also, that is why we stay at the Grand. Did not care for BWPPI or PVI.

Jack

Ok, it took me a while to get back here and write this, but now that I had a chance to mull it all over, here are my thoughts (and my group pretty much felt the same way):
Stayed for 4 nights end of August. If you don't mind walking, the walk is fine. It's about 10 minutes if you walk fast. More leisurely, can be about 15 or maybe even 20 but keep in mind that the intersections are huge and waiting for the pedestrian walk sign does add to the minutes. And please, everybody should wait for the walk sign! Even if you think that nothing is coming, the crosswalk distance is so long that a car or bus can approach fast and you will still be trying to get across. In the morning, I estimate my small iced coffee from Starbucks was almost gone by the time we were at security check. It was actually a nice way to start the day. Even at night, the walk was fine. There are other people making the same walk so it wasn't lonely or desolate. The CVS downstairs was very convenient. Rooms were large and clean, although the shower could have been better but that's because I didn't care for how the glass door slammed, and prefer a shower-head that has more options for spray intensity. The free breakfast was OK. How they completely ran out of sugar and had none for 3 days, was kind of odd, but whatever. In other reviews I have read, the breakfast not being restocked quickly was mentioned and yes that happened, but eventually it does get replenished. Overall the hotel is good, and for the right price, I would stay there again.

12 min walk door to gates (plus security lines inbound) at a good adult pace. No real advantage to hike over the TS Lot then shuttling in IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!