• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Break

ac_roo

Earning My Ears
HI! We're thinking about visiting Disneyland during our Spring Break...March 11-17th. We've done WDW twice, both off times so I'm a little concerned about crowds. We went to WDW first week of December 2001 and again in January 2004...at the end. Both times were fairly light crowds.

So, will we find the crowds too much? I know that CA has different and later spring break...thoughts?

I'm bumping this thread up, because I want to know the same thing! Our Spring Break trip is March 25-April 2. Are the crowds going to be unbearable? Will we be shoulder to shoulder with people the whole week?

I've bought a Ridemax subscription as well as the UG; will that be enough preparation for the busy times?

TIA!

Spring breaks vary. Here in Oregon most are the last week of March, but a lot of california schools have break in April. One hint, check the park hours, if they are open late on week nights, they are expecting crowds.

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago titled, "Spring Break - chip in with your dates". Do a search on that topic and it should come up. I found it again, but I'm not sure how to link it to this thread.

We went mid-march during our University's Spring Break in 2003. The crowds were not bad at all. Since Easter is in April this year, you should be fine going in March. If your Spring Break is ever just before or just after Easter, it will be very crowded as most public schools are out at that time. I think it is mostly colleges that have time off in March regardless of when Easter is.

Have fun!

In 2003 we had a second week a March spring break. The crowds weren't bad at all...not exaclty walk on, but not bad. We used the Unofficial Guide touring plans and fast pass and didn't wait in any long lines. We had "unlimited fast pass" through a AAA ticket promotion and were only holding 2 FP twice during the week, because we didn't need to other times. The weather was perfect (low 70s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter