Spring break - we're not in college anymore Toto - Feb 2018 TR

Hit 87 lbs lost yesterday. 13 more to go to reach my initial goal. Obviously, since I've lost a good deal of weight, it's coming off slower now, but then again, I confess, I've been a little more lax lately. I'm not eating anything I shouldn't, just maybe too many nuts. Although nuts have good fats, they also have some carbs.

13 more lbs before September trip. I got this.

Not bad!

No... that doesn't sound right...

That's great! (that's better)
You so got this. :)

Not bad!

No... that doesn't sound right...

That's great! (that's better)
You so got this. :)
You're right. I do so have this. 90 lbs now. 10 to go.

On the opposite end of the news spectrum, today was my FP day for our Sep trip.
Tried right at 7am. We have reservations for Swan checking in on 23rd. MDE was only allowing me to select through Aug 24 (30 days). Called in to see if they could do them or fix it not giving me 60 days out. In the mean time, I tried the MDE app on my tablet and phone (riding the bus into work, so regular computer wasn't an option).

They eventually showed dates out through 28th or 29th(checkout date). Managed to get one (yep ONE) FP to actually work. Got BTMRR for 26th at 9:15. EVERYTHING else failed. I'd do a search, it would fail. I'd re-do the search, it would work, try to make the selection - fail. Go through all that again, actually get it to work, click confirm - fail.

I've decided I will be looking for a new place to vacation that doesn't induce more stress than fun. Between all the difficulties of making ADRs, the extreme idiocy of trying to make FPs and the prices going up faster than the national debt (including having to pay to park at resort now), I think after January, I will be breaking almost all ties with the mouse I've loved for so many years. Guess I'll need to change my signature, because I'm not sure I can say fan of Disney forever anymore. In one sense I'm still a fan of the immersive nature while there, but too many factors are ending up in the cons column.

I will either rent my DVC points out or try to sell.
I won't renew APs
Thinking about canceling many of our ADRs for September. Jury's still out on this one.

If I end up moving to FL, I may do a FL resident pass, but even that is debatable.
Maybe if I give less money to the mouse, then I can retire that much sooner or more comfortably.

What a frustrating nightmare. Did you try calling Disney IT? They were pretty helpful to me on a couple of recent issues I had with MDE. They fixed my stuff in 10 minutes. Don't give up yet!!! While I'd agree with you for sure that's it's getting quite pricey, there is just nowhere else quite like it.

What a frustrating nightmare. Did you try calling Disney IT? They were pretty helpful to me on a couple of recent issues I had with MDE. They fixed my stuff in 10 minutes. Don't give up yet!!! While I'd agree with you for sure that's it's getting quite pricey, there is just nowhere else quite like it.
According to what the CM I first spoke to the IT (or maybe Internet) group is the one that does MDE.
At this point, it's moot...all the good stuff is gone already, so it's not as if calling them now would have any impact.
The Disney magic has definitely faded for me. Been fading for years with many of the changes they've made and/or money grubbing things like pay to park at resorts. Not sure if I said this here or different thread (maybe both). This was the proverbial straw.

90 lbs now. 10 to go.

10 more! That's great!

On the opposite end of the news spectrum, today was my FP day for our Sep trip.
Tried right at 7am. We have reservations for Swan checking in on 23rd. MDE was only allowing me to select through Aug 24 (30 days). Called in to see if they could do them or fix it not giving me 60 days out. In the mean time, I tried the MDE app on my tablet and phone (riding the bus into work, so regular computer wasn't an option).

They eventually showed dates out through 28th or 29th(checkout date). Managed to get one (yep ONE) FP to actually work. Got BTMRR for 26th at 9:15. EVERYTHING else failed. I'd do a search, it would fail. I'd re-do the search, it would work, try to make the selection - fail. Go through all that again, actually get it to work, click confirm - fail.

I've decided I will be looking for a new place to vacation that doesn't induce more stress than fun. Between all the difficulties of making ADRs, the extreme idiocy of trying to make FPs and the prices going up faster than the national debt (including having to pay to park at resort now), I think after January, I will be breaking almost all ties with the mouse I've loved for so many years. Guess I'll need to change my signature, because I'm not sure I can say fan of Disney forever anymore. In one sense I'm still a fan of the immersive nature while there, but too many factors are ending up in the cons column.

I will either rent my DVC points out or try to sell.
I won't renew APs
Thinking about canceling many of our ADRs for September. Jury's still out on this one.

If I end up moving to FL, I may do a FL resident pass, but even that is debatable.
Maybe if I give less money to the mouse, then I can retire that much sooner or more comfortably.

Oh, man. I'm really sorry to hear that the magic is gone (or rapidly going) for you.
That all... well, to put it lightly... sucks.

You do what you gotta do, of course.

I'm sad to hear this, but I can certainly understand your frustrations. I've only been going to Disney for 20 years, and I've only been the trip planner for the last 3 years or so, but I've already seen a lot of changes that I don't like. I hope you can find a way to still enjoy the magic of Disney in some way, even if through other avenues other than actually vacationing at Disney World. And maybe there's a way to not give up on Disney trips yet. But either way, I see why you might feel this way. Wishing you well, wherever you choose to spend your money and free time. :hug:

Just read through it all! It sounds like a great trip!

The Apple Crumble looked delectable and I am going to be thinking about that a lot. I read it in chunks so I didn't save any parts of your post but again it was a great read.

Also possible pro tip for your camera. When you press the button half way down give it about 2-3 seconds to find a subject and auto focus(it will beep) and then press all the way down. See if that makes them more crisp, it may or may not!

Just read through it all! It sounds like a great trip!

The Apple Crumble looked delectable and I am going to be thinking about that a lot. I read it in chunks so I didn't save any parts of your post but again it was a great read.

Also possible pro tip for your camera. When you press the button half way down give it about 2-3 seconds to find a subject and auto focus(it will beep) and then press all the way down. See if that makes them more crisp, it may or may not!
Thank you. I think you're now officially my 6th reader. ;)

So..........yeah, since all the crap hit the fan with Ricky's re-tear in May I've been rally bad about reading TR's and PTR's.......but checking in now :thumbsup2 First of all, a HUGE congrats on the continued weight loss! I do know how difficult that struggle is.

Second on the whole Dosnry IT/ FP debacle thing, I also hear you on that and wish I could help. I will say there's usually nothing to be done even if you call, because when you're having trouble everyone else is too, including TA's making FP's for their clients :furious: So think about how fun that is :mad::mad::mad::mad: Hi client, sorry but Disnrys IT sucks and never ever works so I cloud to get you any good FP's today. Bye.

No we don't say that but I wish we could because it isn't our fault when we have all our ducks in a row and Disney fails. We have some other avenues we can go through too but alas, it still doesn't work 65% of the time.

So..........yeah, since all the crap hit the fan with Ricky's re-tear in May I've been rally bad about reading TR's and PTR's.......but checking in now :thumbsup2
Oh carp...I didn't know this. Since I started the new job, my dis time has been severely limited and I've fallen behind on many of the threads I was following (of course the DIS not letting me know there were updates doesn't help). :sad:

First of all, a HUGE congrats on the continued weight loss! I do know how difficult that struggle is.
Thanks. Most of the time it's not too bad...one of the things I like about keto is I don't often crave the carbs. My problem lately is I love nuts and I've been craving those. Although nuts, in moderation is generally okay, some nuts are better than others. Peanuts (my weakness) are not actually nuts, but legumes and have more carbs, so I think my peanut love has been biting me in the butt.

Second on the whole Dosnry IT/ FP debacle thing, I also hear you on that and wish I could help. I will say there's usually nothing to be done even if you call, because when you're having trouble everyone else is too, including TA's making FP's for their clients :furious: So think about how fun that is :mad::mad::mad::mad: Hi client, sorry but Disnrys IT sucks and never ever works so I cloud to get you any good FP's today. Bye.

No we don't say that but I wish we could because it isn't our fault when we have all our ducks in a row and Disney fails. We have some other avenues we can go through too but alas, it still doesn't work 65% of the time.
Since I work in IT and have done website design, database design, integration and several other facets of what this system involves, it's extremely frustrating to me because it's simply poor design. I've actually tried applying for IT jobs at Disney before, because I'd love to be able to help fix it, but hasn't happened. Possibly because I've given a few scathing reviews when stuff like this has happened before or because they've seen my comments here. Either way, knowing what good design looks like, I think their design is horrible. I can imagine when you have to tell a client, it's horrible all the way around...not what you want to tell them and not what they want to hear. :sad:

Hey Doc,

Finally, FINALLY able to spend some time on the DIS on a laptop where I can make comments and really READ! I know that had to be extra super... majorly frustrating. So bummed for you! But, I will say, there is still LOADS to do at Disney without the rides and RD is still a mostly safe option except for maybe FoP or SDD. Lately, I've focused on the Tours, or new little games I make up for myself (sharing my latest endeavor on my TR soon), or just eating. Maybe I"m too geeky, but I like to enjoy the little details or hunt for Hidden Mickeys. But, yes, their IT is an abomination especially for a company as large and sophisticated as Disney. For crying out loud they own most of the media in our country.

Hey Doc,

Finally, FINALLY able to spend some time on the DIS on a laptop where I can make comments and really READ! I know that had to be extra super... majorly frustrating. So bummed for you! But, I will say, there is still LOADS to do at Disney without the rides and RD is still a mostly safe option except for maybe FoP or SDD. Lately, I've focused on the Tours, or new little games I make up for myself (sharing my latest endeavor on my TR soon), or just eating. Maybe I"m too geeky, but I like to enjoy the little details or hunt for Hidden Mickeys. But, yes, their IT is an abomination especially for a company as large and sophisticated as Disney. For crying out loud they own most of the media in our country.
It was extraordinarily frustrating. Waiting and waiting and waiting for the 60 day mark and then total piece of carp lying on the ground. There are so many things I do like about Disney. As I said, I understand prices go up everywhere, but the prices at Disney have gone up so rapidly, even with my DVC discount, I simply don't know that I can continue supporting when the magic isn't there as much as it once was. Having a garbage FP system DEFINITELY steals the magic. I know I will still have a good time, but there's still a part of me that is unsure the mouse is gonna keep getting my money. I get it...my money, in and of itself, is nothing to them, but it is to me and I'm not sure I want to pay top dollar when I'm not getting top return.

It was extraordinarily frustrating. Waiting and waiting and waiting for the 60 day mark and then total piece of carp lying on the ground. There are so many things I do like about Disney. As I said, I understand prices go up everywhere, but the prices at Disney have gone up so rapidly, even with my DVC discount, I simply don't know that I can continue supporting when the magic isn't there as much as it once was. Having a garbage FP system DEFINITELY steals the magic. I know I will still have a good time, but there's still a part of me that is unsure the mouse is gonna keep getting my money. I get it...my money, in and of itself, is nothing to them, but it is to me and I'm not sure I want to pay top dollar when I'm not getting top return.
I agree. So much frustration with the app in general too. It’s sad when I had to screen shot all my FP and ADRs because the app just wasn’t working at all the whole time we were there. My BIL had his dining credits showing up on the app, mine didn’t even show I HAD the dining plan. We go twice a year, only using our DVC one time and the other staying on cash. We just booked universal for March. I’m sure being APs, we will be at Disney a few days. But we need something else. We had so much frustration with so many things this last trip. Then with the price hike on snacks I read about this morning, just makes me more mad. And the buses....don’t even get me started. We waited over 45 minutes 4 times in 8 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!