Spring break - we're not in college anymore Toto - Feb 2018 TR

Did you say ice cream? Why yes, yes I will have some!

Today was our down day and it was so very much needed by my feet...and as I mentioned, PR's feet too.

We picked up a couple packages that had been sent to the resort from the gift shop, but not the gift shop in the resort, the one on the boardwalk. Ugh, more walking.

With packages picked up, I went out to get the car. Pulled up to bell services and loaded up.

We ended up going to Sheraton Vistana Resorts. For the record, aside from the size of the suite, I don't have anything more positive to say about this.
Checking in we encountered the parking nazi. I literally couldn't leave the car there long enough to check in without him going nuts.
When we got to the room, PR's key didn't work. Fortunately mine did, but it meant I had to stop unloading to let her in.
The smell of the room was horrible. I don't know if someone had puked and they used something to absorb and/or mask the odor or it was simply whatever they used to clean normally, but it was strong and not at all pleasant. I had to open up windows to get some air that didn't make me gag.
They tried to charge me for the free breakfast I was promised when I booked.
The shower kept going hot/cold/hot/cold constantly. Made for a very unpleasant experience.
Back to the free breakfast...eggs were cold and some of the worst sausage I've had in my life. I was in the military...this is saying something! Seriously, I'd rather have C-rats, K-rats or MREs over this stuff. Okay, one other positive I guess...they had fresh made omelets, so at least I didn't leave hungry.
Anyone care to give odds on if I'll stay there again?

We rested at the resort a bit...some of the only Olympics I saw. Got sucked into the men's curling because I'd heard they were doing well and in medal contention. I've always considered curling boring, but I really started to enjoy it. I enjoy playing pool/billiards/pocket billiards and knowing the angles and speed and caroms in curling is a similar notion.

Then it was time to head back. We had an ADR for beaches and cream and I'd heard (@cj9200 I think) they have a really good burger. I love a good burger, so this was really appealing, but the ice cream was calling my name. Since I'd been doing the keto diet, I hadn't had many carbs for a long time and ice cream just sounded plain GOOD.

bac5.JPG
We split the hamburger and the fries (we got the bacon & cheese minus the onions and ranch. I like ranch, but with bacon and cheese...it didn't sound good). Both were good, but I was already eyeballing the sundaes.

The table next to us got the kitchen sink
kitchen_sink.jpg
There were 3 of them at the table. Two guys and one girl. Believe it or not, they ate almost all of it. The girl told me the one guy had about half himself. Wow, just wow. To quote Forest Gump...."that's all I've got to say about that!"

I got the Fudge mud slide.

bnc3.jpg

R got the Snickers sundae.

bnc2.jpg

Neither one of us could come close to finishing. We really should have gotten one and split it, but we wanted different things.

We headed back to the off property place (that will no longer be named) and rested some more until about 5-ish. Then it was time to head towards another first for us. Port Orleans and Yeehaa Bob. We drove to DTD (sorry, it will forever be downtown Disney to me). Parked and went to the boat launch. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten they re-did the boat launch and we needed to be near rainforest cafe and not cirque de sole. DOH! Took that boat over to where we really needed to be and I started nervously looking at my watch. The plenty of time I'd allotted to get there was dwindling rapidly with multiple boats and stops. Finally got on the right boat and we were on our way, but not nearly as early as I'd wanted.
circue_de_sole.jpg

Took a picture of this as we went by. So sad to see this no longer more than an empty, albiet beautiful, building.

On we went to Port Orleans to see Yeehaa Bob. Couldn't find any seating when we first got there. I did not realize how tiny it was. Found a chair near the door and had PR sit while I went to find vittles. Not sure that's what they call it in Nawlins, but in the south that means food.

I really enjoyed the show. PR was kinda reserved at first, but then Bob kept calling up all the kids and I forced (a headlock can do wonders), encouraged (if you want any more snacks this trip) and cajoled (come on, you love dancing) her into it.

The camera was acting up more than normal or I messed up when I sorted through/downloaded all the pictures, because I can't seem to find any pictures of the resort or the show. Sucking at this TR thing, I know, I know.

We both enjoyed the show and then a nice peaceful boat ride back to DTD. Back to the car and back to the resort that shall not be named.

As I said, this was a much needed rest and relax day. Between the time watching olympics at the resort, the time relaxing on the boat rides and the time watching Yeehaa Bob, this was just what the doctor (in this case docsoliday1) ordered.

Side note, the shirt I'm wearing in the picture is a picture of Grumpy.
It says "I'm Grumpy, don't make it worse". For those of you who know me, this is not the case, but when I saw it, I liked it so much I had to have it. I had several people when passing me say "I'm sorry". I got the biggest chuckle and PR would usually say, he's really not, he just likes the shirt. I must've bribed her sufficiently. :lmao: Actually, given the problems with the resort that shall not be named, it was probably the most true today of any day, but the being able to rest the feet did a lot to remove the grumpy factor.

When we last left our fearless travelers.

Fearless?

Um, our sometimes fearless wanderers.

Keep going....

Okay, our always afraid home bodies

... there ya go.

I won't bore (not to be confused with boar...that would be bad)

You don't want bad boar. Always cook it through.

When we got there, they said it would be 10-15 minutes longer with the additional 2 people. I moaned and groaned while secretly giving myself a high five.

Score!

The food was so-so, but then again, I think this is more slated for kids who don't have a very discriminating palate.

I agree.

Remember my earlier comment about PR wasting my money at buffets. I think this was all she had before dessert. <sigh>

:sad2:
Recently took my youngest to a steak house. She ordered a $40 meal and took one bite. Overdone but wouldn't let me ask for another... I had to get the car but told her (and DW) to make sure they boxed up the steak. Nope. "Too embarrassing".

Just shoot me.

I had some chicken strips and I enjoy honey with mine (not a honey mustard fan, just honey please). C really liked the little honey jar they brought me, so I got another for her...
cp3-jpg.317379

It was almost as cute as R's dessert:
cp2-jpg.317380

I like those!

people refused to let us through. I imagine they thought I was simply saying that to try to get a better spot.

It does happen.

Like the three or four teens who went past me at RNRC to "join their family".... in the single rider line. :sad2:

I literally barged my way through. I really don't like doing this, but if people are going to be rude and uncaring when we're simply trying to get to the rest of our group, I guess I feel somewhat justified.

I read that with interest. I mentioned RNRC, but have also blocked a person there. Blocked one on another ride, but he got mad and pushed past.
I won't stop someone barging... not worth the commotion (or worse, possible fight/eviction) but if I think it's a line cutter, I will get in the way.
It really depends. Young kid? Like 10? Sure, go ahead. Teen? Probably not. Older person 40+ probably legit too.

If you're trying to watch the projections and figure out what they are projections of (sometimes easy, sometimes huh, what was that?), then you miss the fireworks. If you try to focus on the fireworks, you miss the projections.

Interesting. Hadn't thought of that... and I suspect you're right.

And a picture of the family after we left. This is bittersweet. It's a great picture, but still sad we had to leave.

Leaving Disney always sucks.

I have made ADRs for our September trip. 3 of the ADRs are for places we just visited on this trip. What 3? 1 point each.

Hmmm.... Biergarten, Beaches, 50s.

Which 3 parks and for bonus which park on which day? Total of 6 points possible.

In order. Epcot, DHS, MK.

Today was our down day and it was so very much needed by my feet...and as I mentioned, PR's feet too.

Disney is not for the meek.

We ended up going to Sheraton Vistana Resorts. For the record, aside from the size of the suite, I don't have anything more positive to say about this.

uh oh...

The smell of the room was horrible. I don't know if someone had puked and they used something to absorb and/or mask the odor or it was simply whatever they used to clean normally, but it was strong and not at all pleasant. I had to open up windows to get some air that didn't make me gag.

Pulled this quote out specifically...... Gross. Room change was in order, dude.

Checking in we encountered the parking nazi. I literally couldn't leave the car there long enough to check in without him going nuts.
When we got to the room, PR's key didn't work. Fortunately mine did, but it meant I had to stop unloading to let her in.
They tried to charge me for the free breakfast I was promised when I booked.
The shower kept going hot/cold/hot/cold constantly. Made for a very unpleasant experience.
Back to the free breakfast...eggs were cold and some of the worst sausage I've had in my life. I was in the military...this is saying something! Seriously, I'd rather have C-rats, K-rats or MREs over this stuff. Okay, one other positive I guess...they had fresh made omelets, so at least I didn't leave hungry.

Wow. Not painting a pretty picture here.

3 to 2!

I didn't say it'd be accurate.

We rested at the resort a bit...some of the only Olympics I saw. Got sucked into the men's curling because I'd heard they were doing well and in medal contention. I've always considered curling boring, but I really started to enjoy it.

I'll watch just about any Olympic sport... stuff that I'd never dream of watching otherwise.

I enjoy playing pool/billiards/pocket billiards and knowing the angles and speed and caroms in curling is a similar notion.

I can see that.

We split the hamburger and the fries (we got the bacon & cheese minus the onions and ranch. I like ranch, but with bacon and cheese...it didn't sound good). Both were good, but I was already eyeballing the sundaes.

I've had Beaches burger on my list for a long time. Worth it?

There were 3 of them at the table. Two guys and one girl. Believe it or not, they ate almost all of it.

Impressive!

Neither one of us could come close to finishing. We really should have gotten one and split it, but we wanted different things.

Or order 1/2 sizes. You can do that too. :)

(sorry, it will forever be downtown Disney to me).

Me too.

Took a picture of this as we went by. So sad to see this no longer more than an empty, albiet beautiful, building.

Wonder what will happen there?

I really enjoyed the show. PR was kinda reserved at first, but then Bob kept calling up all the kids and I forced (a headlock can do wonders), encouraged (if you want any more snacks this trip) and cajoled (come on, you love dancing) her into it.

Glad you liked the show. Another thing on my list.

"I'm Grumpy, don't make it worse".

:laughing:

I had several people when passing me say "I'm sorry"

:lmao:

Fearless?
In the face of Dole whips, yes.

Keep going....
Trying to get rid of me again, eh?

... there ya go.
Okay, fine we're wimps

::yes:: It ended up being perfect timing for when S & A got there, too!

Recently took my youngest to a steak house. She ordered a $40 meal and took one bite. Overdone but wouldn't let me ask for another... I had to get the car but told her (and DW) to make sure they boxed up the steak. Nope. "Too embarrassing".
Sorry dude! That's worse than R leaving me hanging on buffets.

Just shoot me.
Looks for intra-country sniper rifle online. Dang, can't find one. :rotfl:

I read that with interest. I mentioned RNRC, but have also blocked a person there. Blocked one on another ride, but he got mad and pushed past.
I won't stop someone barging... not worth the commotion (or worse, possible fight/eviction) but if I think it's a line cutter, I will get in the way.
It really depends. Young kid? Like 10? Sure, go ahead. Teen? Probably not. Older person 40+ probably legit too.
It's not something I'm proud of nor something I would normally do, but we were so close and people were being so rude. I asked nicely 3 or 4 times and finally I just decided the only way were going to get back to C & R was to take the not nice option.

Interesting. Hadn't thought of that... and I suspect you're right.
Wait a minute...did I actually see @pkondz suggest someone was right? Catch me, I'm gonna faint.
I think I'll probably opt for the shorter ride lines in the future. The quantity of fireworks is significantly reduced and the projections lose their appeal quickly. Again, some of them are hard to see what they are because of all the nooks & crannies on the castle not making a very good projection surface.

Leaving Disney always sucks.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Hmmm.... Biergarten, Beaches, 50s.

In order. Epcot, DHS, MK.
[/quote]
Answers noted.

Since S & A weren't there yet, the extra 10-15 minutes worked in our favor. I thanked her and said 10-15 minutes longer was no problem at all.

S & A got there literally 30 seconds before they called our name. Timing is everything!!

Nice!!! Glad this worked out, and yes, timing IS everything.

Remember my earlier comment about PR wasting my money at buffets. I think this was all she had before dessert. <sigh>

Sigh... precisely why I'll probably never do one again. Maybe O'hana in Oct, 2019, but otherwise.... nope.

Oh, so much had changed in 5 minutes. It was infinitely more dense and rude.

YUCK!!! I'm more and more inclined to either A) get my spot an hour early and rest my feet while waiting in my prime spot with a snack, or B) skipping it in lieu of riding BTMRR or stuff.

About 15 minutes later, HEA began. I tried to come into this with an open mind although I'd heard so many people saying it wasn't nearly as good as wishes. All I can say is THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! I did not like HEA that much. The projections on the castle are a cool concept, but it makes for too much! If you're trying to watch the projections and figure out what they are projections of (sometimes easy, sometimes huh, what was that?), then you miss the fireworks. If you try to focus on the fireworks, you miss the projections.

I think your opinions are legit. Sensory overload.

This is the first time I not only did not stay until the end of EMH, but didn't even make it to the start of EMH.

Been there and done that. Sometimes you just hit a wall.

I feel just slightly better, because R was in FULL agreement it was time to go.

And that makes it all the better.

Okay...I'm getting close to wrapping up this TR (only 2 days left and one was a down day and not much to report).

So, since I haven't done any contest questions for the few that are playing, here we go...

I have made ADRs for our September trip. 3 of the ADRs are for places we just visited on this trip. What 3? 1 point each.
Since I don't want to kill my feet again, I am returning to our normal 1 park, 1 resort schedule.
We will be going to parks on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Which 3 parks and for bonus which park on which day? Total of 6 points possible.

To be fair, since I have not yet reported the last two days and the ADRs may or may not be in the next 2 days worth of this report. On Thursday of this trip, we went to Beaches & Cream and Port Orleans Riverside (spoiler alert). On Friday, we went to 50s prime time cafe. The others we went to this trip have been reported.

Double bonus. These questions will count for contest for September trip also, so you get a head start on that one since I haven't started it yet.

Prime Time, Beaches and Tiffins.

AK, MK and EPCOT in that order.

My guess is no. Just a hunch, though.

We rested at the resort a bit...some of the only Olympics I saw. Got sucked into the men's curling because I'd heard they were doing well and in medal contention. I've always considered curling boring, but I really started to enjoy it. I enjoy playing pool/billiards/pocket billiards and knowing the angles and speed and caroms in curling is a similar notion.

I think if you really start watching (anything) and putting in some effort to learn it, you will enjoy it a ton more. Yes, even curling.

Port Orleans and Yeehaa Bob.

WOOT!!!

We drove to DTD (sorry, it will forever be downtown Disney to me).

THank you. Yes, it will always be that.

See? Seee...?!?!

It says "I'm Grumpy, don't make it worse".

LOVE it!!! :lmao:

In the face of Dole whips, yes.

::yes::

Trying to get rid of me again, eh?

What do you mean... "again"?

Sorry dude! That's worse than R leaving me hanging on buffets.

Looks for intra-country sniper rifle online. Dang, can't find one. :rotfl:

I thought you guys had all the guns?

Then again... go ahead and Google "What is the longest sniper shot in the world?"

It's not something I'm proud of nor something I would normally do, but we were so close and people were being so rude. I asked nicely 3 or 4 times and finally I just decided the only way were going to get back to C & R was to take the not nice option.

Totally not judging. Did that myself the other day. Group of 5-6 people all walking side by side taking up the entire street. Walking slowly. I'm right behind, obviously trying to get past. I said excuse me a couple times. Gave up and went between a couple sharing some food or a drink or something.
Ain't got time for stupid.

Wait a minute...did I actually see @pkondz suggest someone was right? Catch me, I'm gonna faint.

Actually, you'll probably find that I agree with people more often than not.

The quantity of fireworks is significantly reduced

It is?? Had not heard that.

Again, some of them are hard to see what they are because of all the nooks & crannies on the castle not making a very good projection surface.

And yet... first time I saw it, I was very impressed.

Are those arms or wings [or chicken AGAIN??] (part 1)

This will probably be in 5 parts. I got a good amount of pictures and we did a lot today

After we saw yeehaa Bob and got back to the resort that shall not be named, I watched some more olympics and saw the US men's team win gold. It was pretty cool.

I braved the poltergeist shower again and between being scalded and shivering, actually felt ready to attack someone, something, somewhere. Good thing we're heading to HS. Maybe I'll attack those imperial scum.

We...and by we, I mean I, woke up bright and early this morning. I knew we'd have to drive since we're not on property anymore (Oh how I miss BCV and BWV already). I enjoyed my morning tea and thenI woke the sleeping princess up about 30 minutes later. I asked her what she wanted for breakfast because there were a coupld of options along the way. She chose chick-fil-a. I don't understand/appreciate/agree with the whole notion of chicken for breakfast, so I kinda groaned. Fortunately, they have sausage (one of the REAL breakfast meats) biscuits also. We munched on our breakfast while we...and by we, I mean I, drove to HS and parked.

We made it to the park about 30 minutes before rope drop. See what a rest & relax day can do? At least it does for me. We waited with the masses to head towards TSMM. My feet felt better, but I wasn't going to run, so it didn't matter we weren't right up front. When we got there, the line was already forming, but the wait was only about 10 or 15 minutes. Not bad at all. I thought about using my disabled FP to get a return time so we could do it twice, but PR and I decided better to save it for RNRC. I really like TSMM, but I'm not quite sure why it has such a line most of the time...maybe for all those who don't like thrill rides.
tsmm.jpg
I actually did remember to get a picture this time. No, not just because I won. I didn't have to tell you PR beat me on BLY, but I did!

As we were leaving, we saw these guys...
army_men.jpg
I remember playing with Army men when I was a young boy, so these guys still have a good bit of nostalgia for me. I feel sorry for the guys that have the "bases" on their feet, but think it's a really cool touch.

We had FPs for RNRC and ToT so we headed that way after TSMM. We found a PP photographer along the way, so got a few pictures we didn't get at rope drop going TO TSMM.
hs3.jpg

hs1.jpg
hs2.jpg
hs4.jpg

hs5.jpg

Gotta stop for now...getting ready for church. Doubt I'll be able to do more today (full schedule)...maybe tomorrow. Didn't even hit my picture limit for this post. :sad2:

Disney is not for the meek.
Hey, wait a minute! I'm not meek. Okay, well maybe if you say I am I am.

Pulled this quote out specifically...... Gross. Room change was in order, dude.
Wow. Not painting a pretty picture here.
It was not a pretty picture. I probably should have switched rooms, but I wanted to rest, so I decided to deal with it vs. having to re-load the car and drive back to try to switch. I just left the windows open to air it out.

Possibly

I didn't say it'd be accurate.
Not in the same ball park, not in the city the ball park is in, not in the state the ball park is in, not in the country the ball park is in. Maybe the same continent.

I'll watch just about any Olympic sport... stuff that I'd never dream of watching otherwise.
I like watching many, just had never been interested in curling before now.

I've had Beaches burger on my list for a long time. Worth it?
I'm sorta a burger snob, so I'm not saying it wasn't good, but given what I'd heard, I was expecting it to blow my socks off and it didn't.

Impressive!
To quote Darth Vader..."most impressive"

Or order 1/2 sizes. You can do that too. :)
Did not know that. Good to know for future reference.

Glad you liked the show. Another thing on my list.
He's good and a lot of fun. Definitely planning to return.

Sigh... precisely why I'll probably never do one again. Maybe O'hana in Oct, 2019, but otherwise.... nope.
If I can ever get an ADR for Ohana, I will too.

YUCK!!! I'm more and more inclined to either A) get my spot an hour early and rest my feet while waiting in my prime spot with a snack, or B) skipping it in lieu of riding BTMRR or stuff.
I'm sure I'll opt for rides in the future.

I think your opinions are legit. Sensory overload.

Been there and done that. Sometimes you just hit a wall.
I wish I hadn't, but yep.

Prime Time, Beaches and Tiffins.

AK, MK and EPCOT in that order.
Answers noted.

My guess is no. Just a hunch, though.
Good hunch!

He was a blast. Looks great BOB!!!

LOVE it!!! :lmao:
I did too, that's why I bought it.
If I had remembered I was wearing it, I would have pointed at it with the parking guy.

Are those arms or wings [or chicken AGAIN??] (part 2)

Speaking of FPs...remember those FPs we got from the trains tour? Okay, fine, it would mean you've actually had to read the drivel...err entertaining prose
I've presented thus far. I guess that would also mean I'm thinking you might be reading this. Oh well, anyway, we still had all 3. B, C, G, S & A didn't
use them Wednesday night, so B gave them back to me when he came by to pick up his things Wednesday night.

When we got to RNRC, I went ahead and got a return time. It was still 5 minutes until our scheduled FP and the return time was for 35 minutes from
now. I sat on the wall and we waited.

Took this picture and thought of @afwdwfan.
View attachment 318407

We traded our fast passes for back stage passes and a super stretch limo.

View attachment 318405
I'm not sure why I had such a serious look on my face there...I love the look on PR's face. Funny thing, we both love the ride, so the looks are definitely "off"

As soon as we got out of the gift shop, we were able to do our return time.
View attachment 318406
At least my look is more in sync here.

It was now time for our FP for ToT. So, we sashayed over to the hotel. Decided we'd try the sashaying thing again.
tot1.jpg
statue1.jpg
statue2.jpg
I was going to make that a contest question of where that was, but I figured it wouldn't be much of a contest.

tot1.jpeg

We had an ADR for 50s prime time cafe, so we headed that direction. Caught one of the street shows along the way. I thought I got a couple of pictures, but either they were blurry or I put them in the wrong folder. If I find them later, I'll post them separately.

We got to 50s and were seated in short order. @pkondz told me I had to try the PB&J shake and the chicken and the onion rings. 50s prime time cafe also has meat
loaf and as Meat loaf so aptly put it, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I had the pot roast, R had the chicken, we split the PB&J milkshake. No onion rings. I'm
not a big onion fan, although I do like onion rings, they just didn't sound good today. Maybe next time.
50s1.jpg

50s3.JPG

The picture of the pot roast was blurry, so not including it here. For the record, I like the pot roast at Golden corral much better. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't smack your momma good. :rotfl2:

Our server was blah. She said to PR once to get her elbows off the table and once something about no phones at the table, but not with any enthusiasm or sass...just kinda blase.

A picture of some of the decorations.
50s1.JPG
50s4.JPG

R ate most of the leg and the wing, 4 or 5 bites of potatoes and a couple of the corn. Glad it wasn't another wasted buffet, but still. I think next time I'm just going to tell her to order from the kids menu or just get an appetizer. <sigh>

That's all for now...have to see if the original photos I uploaded worked or if the system took them away when it hiccuped.

For what's it's worth, my photos on several of my chapters were eaten tonight too. Stinks!

Oh well, anyway, we still had all 3.

That ain't nothin' to sneeze at!

When we got to RNRC, I went ahead and got a return time. It was still 5 minutes until our scheduled FP and the return time was for 35 minutes from
now. I sat on the wall and we waited.

If you'd known about my Hidden Mickey you could have seen it. ;) You were RIGHT there!

I'm not sure why I had such a serious look on my face there

You're trying not to wet yourself.

So, we sashayed over to the hotel. Decided we'd try the sashaying thing again.

Tsk, tsk. :laughing:

Caught one of the street shows along the way.

Those are NEVER a waste of time.

Our server was blah. She said to PR once to get her elbows off the table and once something about no phones at the table, but not with any enthusiasm or sass...just kinda blase.

Booooring.

R ate most of the leg and the wing, 4 or 5 bites of potatoes and a couple of the corn. Glad it wasn't another wasted buffet, but still. I think next time I'm just going to tell her to order from the kids menu or just get an appetizer. <sigh>

Sigh.... maybe split with her next time. Sounds like there'd still be plenty of food left for you! :sad2:

When we got there, they said it would be 10-15 minutes longer with the additional 2 people. I moaned and groaned while secretly giving myself a high five. If you've never seen someone give themselves a high five and try to do so secretly, it's an art form.

There has to be pictures of this somewhere.

I think this was all she had before dessert.

Come on, PR! Get on your game!

Again I said excuse me (but a little louder and less nicely this time). Again, stonewall faces and bodies. I turned around and told the rest, we were going to make another surge like the lady had done earlier. I literally barged my way through. I really don't like doing this, but if people are going to be rude and uncaring when we're simply trying to get to the rest of our group, I guess I feel somewhat justified.

I really hate the whole staking out position/waiting for the nighttime shows act.

I tried to come into this with an open mind although I'd heard so many people saying it wasn't nearly as good as wishes. All I can say is THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! I did not like HEA that much.

I've heard that quite a bit, too. I'm not as sentimental about Wishes as many others--I found the "story" to be pretty vague in that one, too. In the end, they're all Disney clip shows.

This is the first time I not only did not stay until the end of EMH, but didn't even make it to the start of EMH. My feet (and my back) were not feeling so good. We'd gone gang busters on Monday at AK and Tuesday at EPCOT and we'd been up since about 6 and my feet had had enough. I apologized profusely to B, S, C, G and A, but told them we were going to have to go. I feel just slightly better, because R was in FULL agreement it was time to go. So, it wasn't just old-man-itis, it was literally we'd walked as much as we could manage.

When you're done, you're done. No sense making others suffer with you.

:scared1: That's...not good.

Oh man. Disgusting.:crazy2:

Parked and went to the boat launch. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten they re-did the boat launch and we needed to be near rainforest cafe and not cirque de sole. DOH!

Well, at least they're right next to each other.

Wait a minute...

I asked her what she wanted for breakfast because there were a coupld of options along the way. She chose chick-fil-a. I don't understand/appreciate/agree with the whole notion of chicken for breakfast, so I kinda groaned.

Chick fil-a breakfast has grown on me, I gotta admit.

I really like TSMM, but I'm not quite sure why it has such a line most of the time...maybe for all those who don't like thrill rides.

I think it's because it's one of the few rides in that park you can ride with your entire family--little ones included.

It was now time for our FP for ToT. So, we sashayed over to the hotel. Decided we'd try the sashaying thing again.

I thought that was a Canadian thing.

We got to 50s and were seated in short order. @pkondz told me I had to try the PB&J shake and the chicken and the onion rings.

Mmmmm...great choices.

Well, dang. That's half the fun of the place!

back to the resort that shall not be named,

I braved the poltergeist shower again and between being scalded and shivering, actually felt ready to attack someone, something, somewhere.

I'd probably attack a donut. But that's just me.

I don't understand/appreciate/agree with the whole notion of chicken for breakfast

I'll have the chicken and waffles.... hold the chicken.

We made it to the park about 30 minutes before rope drop.

Not bad!

I'm not quite sure why it has such a line most of the time...maybe for all those who don't like thrill rides.

Because when it opened, it was new and everyone had to go on it. It's still pretty much the newest attraction in DHS so still gets the lines. When TSL and SWL open, I suspect that line will go way down. There'll still be one, because it is a fun ride... but it will go down.

That's my theory. I'm gonna stick with it.

I remember playing with Army men when I was a young boy,

I feel sorry for the guys that have the "bases" on their feet, but think it's a really cool touch.

It is cool. I suspect it's not that hard to walk with. Snowshoes or flippers would be harder, no?

Hey, wait a minute! I'm not meek. Okay, well maybe if you say I am I am.

:rolleyes1

It was not a pretty picture. I probably should have switched rooms, but I wanted to rest, so I decided to deal with it vs. having to re-load the car and drive back to try to switch. I just left the windows open to air it out.

Ah, okay I get that. Having to repack and then unpack again when you're exhausted....

Not in the same ball park, not in the city the ball park is in, not in the state the ball park is in, not in the country the ball park is in. Maybe the same continent.

I was thinking Mars.

I like watching many, just had never been interested in curling before now.

Curling is on the TV in the lunch room a lot. So is golf.
I run screaming in the opposite direction.

I'm sorta a burger snob, so I'm not saying it wasn't good, but given what I'd heard, I was expecting it to blow my socks off and it didn't.

This is roughly what I've been hearing... I might pass on the burger if/when. I have heard that the grilled cheese is really good.

Took this picture and thought of @afwdwfan.
View attachment 318407

We traded our fast passes for back stage passes and a super stretch limo.

View attachment 318405
I'm not sure why I had such a serious look on my face there...I love the look on PR's face. Funny thing, we both love the ride, so the looks are definitely "off"

As soon as we got out of the gift shop, we were able to do our return time.
View attachment 318406
At least my look is more in sync here.

Just letting you know that none of those photos showed up. At least not for me.

So, we sashayed over to the hotel. Decided we'd try the sashaying thing again.

It's an acquired skill that few attempt and fewer master.

I was going to make that a contest question of where that was, but I figured it wouldn't be much of a contest.

Ya woulda got me!

Awwww... she's holding your arm. :)

We had an ADR for 50s prime time cafe,

Yuss!

@pkondz told me I had to try the PB&J shake and the chicken and the onion rings.

Uh, huh.... so what does he order?

50s prime time cafe also has meat
loaf and as Meat loaf so aptly put it, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

:laughing: Well done.

For the record, I like the pot roast at Golden corral much better.

For the record, I did not recommend the pot roast.
Yes... it was okay. No it was not great.

Well, poop. I've been.... 3? 4? times. I'm 50/50 on servers. One of the best servers I've had was there. But... not all are created equal.

Now... you didn't say... What did you think of the shake? (And you should have tried PRs chicken since it was sitting right there, uneaten!)

For what's it's worth, my photos on several of my chapters were eaten tonight too. Stinks!
I'll re-post those 3.

That ain't nothin' to sneeze at!
I did sneeze, but not AT it.
I didn't even say "I sneeze in your general direction"

If you'd known about my Hidden Mickey you could have seen it. ;) You were RIGHT there!
Yeah, we were right there more than once. Why didn't you post that BEFORE my trip? It's not as if you're busy as all get out or anything.

You're trying not to wet yourself.
Dang! Busted.

Those are NEVER a waste of time.
It was fun to watch.

Booooring.
Hey!!!! I resemble that remark! Oh, wait, you weren't talking about me. S'ok!

Sigh.... maybe split with her next time. Sounds like there'd still be plenty of food left for you! :sad2:
Given the pot roast wasn't that great, I should have done that and then I could've had room for onion rings also.

There has to be pictures of this somewhere.
Pictures, or it didn't happen. ;)

Come on, PR! Get on your game!
Sometimes she eats everything in sight and sometimes she sees everything she should've eaten.

I really hate the whole staking out position/waiting for the nighttime shows act.
I do in general, but had never seen HEA (except in youtube videos) and wanted to see. Doubt seriously I'll take the effort to stake out again...as mentioned, I'm just kinda meh about HEA.

I've heard that quite a bit, too. I'm not as sentimental about Wishes as many others--I found the "story" to be pretty vague in that one, too. In the end, they're all Disney clip shows.
I don't know that I'm sentimental about it, but felt it was a much better fireworks show and show in general (not to be confused with in colonel).

When you're done, you're done. No sense making others suffer with you.
Thanks Mark. You're probably right...you know how some folks get hangry? I would have been tangry (tired angry).

:scared1: That's...not good.
No it wasn't. I got a survey from them after the stay. It was not a glowing review. I received a followup from a manager saying let him know when we stayed there again and he'd make sure my stay was better. I laughed when I got that and thoughts of a snow ball and h*ll came to mind.

Oh man. Disgusting.:crazy2:
::yes:: It was indeed.

Well, at least they're right next to each other.

Wait a minute...
Yeah, nice short walk. Actually took the boat over to the right place, but this ate into the reserve time we HAD. (note past tense)

Chick fil-a breakfast has grown on me, I gotta admit.
Yeah, their sausage biscuit isn't bad. I want chicken for breakfast said me never. Breakfast meat should be pork (bacon, sausage, ham) or maybe beef (steak). Mmmm, bacon.

I think it's because it's one of the few rides in that park you can ride with your entire family--little ones included.
That's probably it (and what pkondz said about it being newer)

I thought that was a Canadian thing.
I think it is. We tried it again, still not a fan.

Mmmmm...great choices.
The pot roast was so-so. I had some of R's chicken. I like the breast. What can I say, I'm a breast man. :rotfl2:. It was good as far as fried chicken goes, but I think I like rotisserie chicken better.

Well, dang. That's half the fun of the place!
I left a good tip because the service itself was good. I didn't leave as good of a tip as I would've if the ambiance/personality/whatever was better.

I'd probably attack a donut. But that's just me.
Bacon!

I'll have the chicken and waffles.... hold the chicken.
::yes:: And the prize goes to pkondz. Only contestant thus far with the correct answer!

Because when it opened, it was new and everyone had to go on it. It's still pretty much the newest attraction in DHS so still gets the lines. When TSL and SWL open, I suspect that line will go way down. There'll still be one, because it is a fun ride... but it will go down.

That's my theory. I'm gonna stick with it.
Good point and good theory. You're probably right.

I was thinking Mars.
I was too, but I was trying to be nice.

Curling is on the TV in the lunch room a lot. So is golf.
I run screaming in the opposite direction.
<Downloads videos of curling and golf> <Sinister laugh thinking now I know how to get rid of pkondz>
Totally kidding dude...you're one of the good guys, so won't get those videos.

This is roughly what I've been hearing... I might pass on the burger if/when. I have heard that the grilled cheese is really good.
The burger at Ale & Compass was better, so just save B&C for the ice cream!

Just letting you know that none of those photos showed up. At least not for me.
Posting them here again...

It's an acquired skill that few attempt and fewer master.
Yeah, I'll leave it to you. Not my thing!

Ya woulda got me!
Wow!!! I truly am shocked...not being a smart *ss. I figure since you and Liesa are such good photographers, that's surprising.

Awwww... she's holding your arm. :)
She's the youngest and she'll always be daddy's little girl to an extent.

Yuss!

Uh, huh.... so what does he order?

:laughing: Well done.

For the record, I did not recommend the pot roast.
Yes... it was okay. No it was not great.

Well, poop. I've been.... 3? 4? times. I'm 50/50 on servers. One of the best servers I've had was there. But... not all are created equal.

Now... you didn't say... What did you think of the shake? (And you should have tried PRs chicken since it was sitting right there, uneaten!)
I wanted the pot roast. In retrospect, I should've just shared with R and then I would've had room for the onion rings, but then again, onion rings just didn't sound good at the time. I also wanted to leave room for a dessert...wanted to try something. The PB&J shake was really good. I probably should've had R eat first before the shake, but hey, we're on vacation. I did have some of the breast (see above) and it was good. It wasn't what I'd call fantastic, but it was good. I think part of the problem (for both of us) was it was an early ADR (11am if I recall) and so neither one of us was real hungry yet. Like I said, should've just split it, but I really wanted to try the pot roast since I generally prefer beef over chicken.

Now the pictures (again) plus what I tried (couldn't finish it) for dessert...

rnrc1.JPG

rnrc1.jpeg
rnrc2.jpeg

I tried the apple crisp...
apple_crisp.jpg

Hey look everyone!!!! I finally got a good food picture!!!! Yay me! ;)

I like cherry pie and cherry cobbler better than apple, so this would've been better if it were cherry, but it was really good. Not too tart and not overly sweet. I think that's one thing, for me, with apple desserts...either they're sick sweet or not sweet enough and this was just right. Also, since I love oatmeal and granola, but hadn't had any for a while due to losing weight, this was a winner. R had a couple bites and agreed it was good, but then again, if it's carbs, it's good to her. ;)

That too.

::yes:: And the prize goes to pkondz. Only contestant thus far with the correct answer!

Woot!

Now... where's my prize?

Good point and good theory. You're probably right.

A first!!!!

I was too, but I was trying to be nice.

Nah. It doesn't suit you.

<Downloads videos of curling and golf> <Sinister laugh thinking now I know how to get rid of pkondz>

Hey!!

Totally kidding dude...you're one of the good guys, so won't get those videos.

It's like you don't know me at all.

;)

The burger at Ale & Compass was better, so just save B&C for the ice cream!

That's really what it's for, right?

Wow!!! I truly am shocked...not being a smart *ss. I figure since you and Liesa are such good photographers, that's surprising.

Nope. Didn't recognize it at all!

She's the youngest and she'll always be daddy's little girl to an extent.

Awww... :goodvibes

I wanted the pot roast. In retrospect, I should've just shared with R and then I would've had room for the onion rings, but then again, onion rings just didn't sound good at the time. I also wanted to leave room for a dessert...wanted to try something. The PB&J shake was really good. I probably should've had R eat first before the shake, but hey, we're on vacation. I did have some of the breast (see above) and it was good. It wasn't what I'd call fantastic, but it was good. I think part of the problem (for both of us) was it was an early ADR (11am if I recall) and so neither one of us was real hungry yet. Like I said, should've just split it, but I really wanted to try the pot roast since I generally prefer beef over chicken.

But at least you tried the chicken.
While I agree that it's not the best chicken in the world... it's most likely the best chicken in the World, if you know what I mean.

Now the pictures (again) plus what I tried (couldn't finish it) for dessert...

They worked!

PR's face is awesome!

I tried the apple crisp...

Dang that looks good!

I like cherry pie and cherry cobbler better than apple,

It depends on my mood, but I'm generally the opposite. I'll take apple over cherry.

Last edited:
I'm here to catch up AGAIN, let's do this!

The bag at the station should look familiar. Does it? No? What's that, you want a hint? Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. That's Mary Poppins bag.
We've ridden the train quite a few times in the last 12 months and I don't think I've ever noticed this bag, so thanks for pointing it out :)

Did you know that PotC is housed in two buildings on opposite sides of the tracks? When you take the drop in PotC, you're actually going under the train tracks.
I did know that from another tour we took! I've gone back and forth on whether we'd like the steam train tour. I think Steve and I would, even if it didn't end up being our favorite. I even think Ricky overall would be happy to do it. Chris though.......I'm afraid we'd hear a couple complaints :rolleyes1

Just as with the redhead in PotC, some things should just be left alone!!!!
YES :worship:

our ADR for Crystal Palace was coming up.
We are eating here on the 7th. Not really our choice lol, we're accompanying our stepson down (his gf lives about an hour from WDW) and meeting her and her parents. She picked a couple restaurants and that's where she wants to eat when we're all in MK. Not that I really mind but I would have picked elsewhere. We haven't eaten here since 2014 and while it was nothing to rave about it wasn't bad.

I tried to come into this with an open mind although I'd heard so many people saying it wasn't nearly as good as wishes. All I can say is THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! I did not like HEA that much. The projections on the castle are a cool concept, but it makes for too much!
Yeah, I'm not a fan of HEA and I really miss Wishes. I've only seen it once from inside the park actually, and then from the water when we did Pirates and Pals and a few times from the WL. I'm not a big on projections at all so that part does nothing for me. I like the fireworks just not as much as Wishes, not the combo of fireworks and projections, and I don't feel it's as "warm" as Wishes. The boys have only seen it from the water so I'm thinking of booking the HEA dessert party for our Aug. trip and giving it one more shot, full on, from inside.........

Nothing sentimental or moving or Disney-ish about it.
Yup

Wow, I used to read lots of good reviews of this place!

I like ranch, but with bacon and cheese...it didn't sound good).
What!!! Ranch is perfect with cheese and bacon!

That stinks. It's been a couple years since we've eaten here too but we always had great, fun servers. In fact that were so good at "yelling" at the kids, Chris refuses to eat there again :rotfl2:

That too.
More like that first and other things too. :lmao:

Woot!

Now... where's my prize?
You will be getting a prize since I'm almost done and you're leading the overall contest. I got several things while there, but I'm also debating about other items for certain folks.

A first!!!!
There's a first time for everything.

Nah. It doesn't suit you.
I'm grumpy. Don't make it worse!

Hey!!

It's like you don't know me at all.

;)
All joking aside, yeah I do.

That's really what it's for, right?
Given the name, I'd say you're right again!

But at least you tried the chicken.
While I agree that it's not the best chicken in the world... it's most likely the best chicken in the World, if you know what I mean.
Yep, you're correct again...best in the World.

PR's face is awesome!
::yes:: I'm trying to remember why my face was like that in the first go. I want to say I was trying to time the launch, so I was focusing on that, but I guess it just happened to catch me while I was blinking because I know I didn't close my eyes.

Dang that looks good!
It was. If you go there again, save room. Well worth it!

It depends on my mood, but I'm generally the opposite. I'll take apple over cherry.
It's okay, you've been right three times now, so you're back to being wrong. :rotfl2:

I'm here to catch up AGAIN, let's do this!
Hey Ariane, good to have you back. I think I've totally fallen off of several folks TRs. Seems like the DIS doesn't want to give me notifications on many threads, so unless I remember to go check them (sometimes I don't even remember my own name), I don't get notified they've been updated. I'm scared to think how far behind I am on yours.

We've ridden the train quite a few times in the last 12 months and I don't think I've ever noticed this bag, so thanks for pointing it out :)
Well as pkondz pointed out, it's not her bag per se, but similar style.

I did know that from another tour we took! I've gone back and forth on whether we'd like the steam train tour. I think Steve and I would, even if it didn't end up being our favorite. I even think Ricky overall would be happy to do it. Chris though.......I'm afraid we'd hear a couple complaints :rolleyes1
I'm not sure B and PR enjoyed it as much as I did, but I confess, this was one of the few times I booked something solely because I wanted it.
I can't imagine Chris doing that. Just tell him they have hot towels at the end. :lmao:

We are eating here on the 7th. Not really our choice lol, we're accompanying our stepson down (his gf lives about an hour from WDW) and meeting her and her parents. She picked a couple restaurants and that's where she wants to eat when we're all in MK. Not that I really mind but I would have picked elsewhere. We haven't eaten here since 2014 and while it was nothing to rave about it wasn't bad.
I think out of all the buffets we've tried, this is my least favorite. Not a lot of things I particularly hanker for and the quality is so-so. I think for little ones, it might be better...I know my kids loved it when they were 7-11 years old.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of HEA and I really miss Wishes. I've only seen it once from inside the park actually, and then from the water when we did Pirates and Pals and a few times from the WL. I'm not a big on projections at all so that part does nothing for me. I like the fireworks just not as much as Wishes, not the combo of fireworks and projections, and I don't feel it's as "warm" as Wishes. The boys have only seen it from the water so I'm thinking of booking the HEA dessert party for our Aug. trip and giving it one more shot, full on, from inside.........
I'm debating about the dessert party as well.

Wow, I used to read lots of good reviews of this place!
Well, maybe I was just the rare case, but I won't be back.

What!!! Ranch is perfect with cheese and bacon!
Don't get me wrong, I like ranch, just I'm kinda strange about not wanting to mix certain things. I like mustard and I like honey, but I don't like honey mustard. I like peanut butter and bananas, but not together. I like bananas, pudding and vanilla wafers, but I don't like banana pudding. Ranch I like with certain things, but I don't want my bacon corrupted. :rotfl:

That stinks. It's been a couple years since we've eaten here too but we always had great, fun servers. In fact that were so good at "yelling" at the kids, Chris refuses to eat there again :rotfl2:
Yeah, I was kinda bummed. I thought about saying something to the manager, but it's not as if it's a mandatory thing, so just decided to press on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter