Spring break - we're not in college anymore Toto - Feb 2018 TR

Trains, ships, cars and more trains (Part 1)

We got up very early. We had a date with some steam trains at 7:30. I love trains and I'd booked The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour around the same time I made the ADRs. According to the site when I made the reservations, we needed to be there at least 15 minutes early and the buses aren't running that early, so we would need to drive. I figured leaving the resort at 6:45 would give us plenty of time. Normally it would have, but obviously, this was no ordinary day. The GPS said it would be 28 minutes to get to the contemporary. Huh??? It's not that far!!! It was close to that amount of time which I still have difficulty understanding. I think it was 25, but I honestly didn't time it that closely. When we pulled up to the guard, he looked at me really funny. I thought it might be because I was wearing full Darth Vader garb. Nope, left that at the room. I thought it might be the ugly mask I was wearing, but I wasn't wearing an ugly mask...just my normal self. Nope, that wasn't it either. He said this is only for contemporary guests. Oh, just that. Well sir, when I made the reservations, they said to park here. Well, you'll have to go to the valet because all slots are reserved for guests. Okay, well they failed to tell me that the $4000 for the tour didn't include the valet costs. Great, it's gonna cost me more. Have you noticed, I'm not having the best results with security guards and parking? Got to valet and they said just turn here, turn there and then park in any slot. Unfortunately, the turn here and turn there directed me back out of the resort. Gee thanks guys! Lather, rinse, repeat. The directions were straight to a parking lot near the guard gate, which was good..it only took maybe 3 to find a spot. We then walked by the guard and I smiled my biggest pppffffhhhhttt smile. Walked briskly...no time for sashaying towards the MK. Went through the security checkpoint after they cavity searched me. Evidently the gate guard had radioed ahead and told them of my pppfffhhhttt smile and they were going to exact their revenge. So, after I picked up what little dignity I had left (as well as all my belongings that had been strewn hither and yon), we made it towards the front of MK. I may or may not have retrieved my underwear, so maybe going commando like @Steppesister. I don't like being late EVER and I was not happy tweedle dee and tweedle dum made me late. I was getting over the cavity search even though I was still a bit sore...forget that, they made me late!!! We were the next to last group to arrive, but the last group was smiling broadly...they'd seen the cavity search incident. At least there were no pictures (that I'm aware of).
mk1.jpg
ts1.JPG
We met up with the remainder of the groups and the tour guide (Mary) was handing out the communication devices. They were strangely similar to the communicators Spock and Kirk used, but when Mary turned her phaser on me, I wasn't sure I wanted to do this tour anymore. I told her I was sorry for being late, but I guess that wasn't sufficient. Once we got our communicators, she checked to make sure we could all hear her and then we headed off towards the entrance. We made our way up to the station and aside from when the trains aren't running, I've never seen it that empty before. We went up and then were told we had to wait until they'd done the safety checks. She explained Disney takes safety very seriously and especially with regards to the trains.
bttt1.JPG

Soon, the safety checks were completed and we were boarding the train. It was both cool and weird because we were the ONLY ones. Only 1 car and not even close to full. Mama always told me I was special, but now I really felt like I was. While sitting there while the engineer and fireman were doing additional safety checks, she gave us a cool trivia tidbit. The bag at the station should look familiar. Does it? No? What's that, you want a hint? Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. That's Mary Poppins bag. Mary told us since Mary Poppins was such a successful movie for Disney and Walt loved trains, he specifically wanted a tribute to Mary Poppins at the station. This is what he (or the imagineers on his behalf) came up with.
ts3.JPG

Leaving the station...have you ever seen the entrance this empty? I haven't, but then again, civilized people are still sleeping.
bttt2.JPG

Shortly after that (or I have forgotten other details Mary gave us), we were on our way. Another trivia tidbit. Did you know that PotC is housed in two buildings on opposite sides of the tracks? When you take the drop in PotC, you're actually going under the train tracks. She said sometimes, if the soundtrack in PotC is not working, you can hear the train pass overhead. I took a picture, but it didn't come out. One of the few times the train didn't (or doesn't) stop at Frontierland station and again it was quite strange seeing it empty. We continued along to Fantasyland. As we were pulling up, Mary explained the barn was patterned after the one on the farm where Walt grew up. If you've not seen the movie "Walt before Mickey", I'd recommend it. It's on Netflix. After stopping, they threw the switch and then we started heading backwards. We got to the roundhouse.
bttt4.JPG

For those of you who don't know why it's called a roundhouse (this one is not even close to being round), it's because they're usually round and there's a big track on a turntable inside which allows engines to be turned around or turned to other tracks. Kinda like the center spokes of a wagon wheel. As I said, this one is not round. Above it is the not roundhouse for the monorails. Mary said sometimes they'll come out above us and it's a great photo op if it happens. It didn't :sad2: They gave us the history of the trains and let us up into the cab and see all the controls.

Here are some more pictures which are going to make my hit my quota...
bttt9.JPG
This was the train that brought us here leaving. Returning to the park to start transporting guests.

bttt7.JPG

bttt6.JPG

bttt8.JPG

It may look like a bunch of trash on the ground.

Okay, it is a bunch of trash on the ground. It's the cardboard remnants of fireworks. The launching area for the HEA (bye bye Wishes :sad2:) is nearby and much of it falls here. They said they don't bother trying to clean it up because there's just more every night and it's biodegradable.

Last edited:
More updates later today hopefully. We have an event at church, so no more time right now.

I love trains and I'd booked The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour

Nice! that's one I'd like to do.

The GPS said it would be 28 minutes to get to the contemporary. Huh??? It's not that far!!! It was close to that amount of time which I still have difficulty understanding.

? Weird.

I wasn't wearing an ugly mask...just my normal self.

Good Lord, man! You'll frighten the children!

Okay, well they failed to tell me that the $4000 for the tour didn't include the valet costs.

:sad2:

Have you noticed, I'm not having the best results with security guards and parking?

As a matter of fact...

Unfortunately, the turn here and turn there directed me back out of the resort.

:laughing:

sorry... shouldn't laugh.... but... you are having the worst luck!

We then walked by the guard and I smiled my biggest pppffffhhhhttt smile.

Good. He earned it.

Went through the security checkpoint after they cavity searched me. Evidently the gate guard had radioed ahead and told them of my pppfffhhhttt smile and they were going to exact their revenge.

Oops! You forgot to disable his phone.

So, after I picked up what little dignity I had left

Wow! You have some of that still?

Mine was all gone, long ago.

I don't like being late EVER and I was not happy tweedle dee and tweedle dum made me late.

I feel exactly the same way. I hate being late.

I was getting over the cavity search even though I was still a bit sore

Prevents sashaying, too.

At least there were no pictures (that I'm aware of).

:rolleyes1

but when Mary turned her phaser on me, I wasn't sure I wanted to do this tour anymore.

That wouldn't bother me. I'm already pretty stunned.

She explained Disney takes safety very seriously and especially with regards to the trains.

Not surprised.

That's Mary Poppins bag. Mary told us since Mary Poppins was such a successful movie for Disney and Walt loved trains, he specifically wanted a tribute to Mary Poppins at the station. This is what he (or the imagineers on his behalf) came up with.
ts3-jpg.310760

Hmm.... maybe representative of her bag?

have you ever seen the entrance this empty?

Nope!

Did you know that PotC is housed in two buildings on opposite sides of the tracks?

I did not know that!

When you take the drop in PotC, you're actually going under the train tracks.

But maybe I should have known, because I did know that.

Mary explained the barn was patterned after the one on the farm where Walt grew up.

Cool!

Okay, it is a bunch of trash on the ground. It's the cardboard remnants of fireworks. The launching area for the HEA (bye bye Wishes :sad2:) is nearby and much of it falls here. They said they don't bother trying to clean it up because there's just more every night and it's biodegradable.

That's actually... kinda neat. :)

Nice! that's one I'd like to do.
Definitely a good one. I've shared a few tidbits, but didn't want to share any more...don't want to ruin it for you or anyone else that might take the tour. I'm debating if I want to do this again or do keys next. I enjoyed this one quite a bit and if I do it again, I promise better pictures.

I thought so too...didn't understand why it would take that long that early in the morning.

Good Lord, man! You'll frighten the children!
Happens all the time.

sorry... shouldn't laugh.... but... you are having the worst luck!
it's okay...I was laughing too....the next day or two days later. It didn't actually take me back out of the resort, it was parking very near the guard shack, which was quite beneficial because it made the walk to MK faster.

Good. He earned it.
::yes::

Oops! You forgot to disable his phone.
I knew I forgot SOMETHING. Need the jamming device next time.

Wow! You have some of that still?

Mine was all gone, long ago.
Well, I thought I did. I thought I was wrong once also, but I was mistaken.

Prevents sashaying, too.
I know. Wish I didn't, but I know. ;)

That wouldn't bother me. I'm already pretty stunned.
Did I say she put it on stun?

Hmm.... maybe representative of her bag?

Well then...maybe not.

That's actually... kinda neat. :)
It was, which is why I took the picture...no real other reason to take picture of trash.

I don't know...wasn't even thinking about that. Will have to check.
It'd be a priority for me in the fall.

Definitely a good one. I've shared a few tidbits, but didn't want to share any more...don't want to ruin it for you or anyone else that might take the tour. I'm debating if I want to do this again or do keys next. I enjoyed this one quite a bit and if I do it again, I promise better pictures.

That says a lot if you want to do it again.

Happens all the time.

I knew I forgot SOMETHING. Need the jamming device next time.

Left it at home?

Did I say she put it on stun?

oops! Disney people are out for blood!

It was, which is why I took the picture...no real other reason to take picture of trash.

More pictures from train tour (before next part of TR)...

bttt4.jpg
Another (small) picture of the train.

bttt10.JPG
The interior of the cab...lot's of handles and knobs.

bttt11.JPG Me in cab. You see that not being able to take good pictures runs in the family, huh? ;)

bttt12.JPG
PR in front of engine.

bttt15.JPG
Engineer talking to us and sharing some details about the engines not long before it was time to start it up.

bttt16.JPG
Fireman lighting the starting ball that starts up the fire in the boiler.

bttt18.JPG
While they're building up pressure to get ready to move. The big dial in the middle is the pressure. If I recall, they have to get it up to 150 PSI which is the straight up position on the dial, so we're at a little over 100 PSI here.
bttt2.jpg
When we were heading back to the park.

bttt20.JPG
After they dropped us off...this was a good picture spot. The water spout in the background is REAL...not just for decoration. The fireman does most of the work while the engineer stays with the train for safety reasons (making sure the pressure doesn't get too high or low and makes sure the brakes don't accidentally release, etc.)

For the record, I grew up seeing diesel engines and that's what I love and model (model railroading is one of my hobbies), but looking at these engines, they're beautiful. It was cool being able to see up close many of the details I've read about or seen mentioned and knowing how special trains were to Walt, this tour was very special. Yes, @pkondz, I'd do it again...if for no other reasons than to get better pictures and to hear the history and details again...I remember some, but not all.

I've tried to share some of the details without giving it all away...I want the tour to be special for you if you take it. If you have no interest in all at ever taking the tour, PM me and I'll share some of the other details/tidbits/back story.

Trains, ships, cars and more trains (Part 2)

They gave us the history of the trains and let us up into the cab and see all the controls. They showed us how the fireman starts the engine up. They showed us how they have to wait until the boiler gets up to pressure and then releases it. Similar to a pressure cooker letting off steam, but bigger and louder. We then made it back to Fantasy land. Unfortunately, we were supposed to go back to the train station. There was some type of problem on the tracks and we had to walk back. We walked around the pathway behind the speedway. When we made it back, we got our "free" (umm, did y'all note how much we paid for this tour) bottle of water. We then went back up to the train station to get some additional history on Walt and his trains. I'm deliberately leaving out details and other trivia because I don't want to ruin the tour for you if you go.

Here's one more picture from the train...the boiler serial number:
bttt14.JPG

When we got back to the train station, we tried to close the station doors so we could finish our tour and history lesson, but every 2-3 minutes, someone would yank open the door again even though it was dead bolted. After the tour was over, because we had to walk back to the station, as compensation for our trouble or our feet, we were rewarded with a anywhere fastpass each. We also saw the parade starting and managed to get a few pictures, but only one good one...
parade1.jpg
Maybe that's the bag that's like Mary Poppins and I just snapped the wrong one before.

Speaking of fastpass, it was time to head to our first one. 7DMT. On the way there, I checked MDE. Then I realized something fortunate (well, for B) happened. The 7DMT fastpass was gone. It was down, so we had a replacement one for somewhere else (or 7DMT if/when it was back online) anytime during the day. Score! PR and I wanted to ride 7DMT, but not B. The next FP was for BTMRR. Again, this wasn't something of interest to B, so PR and I went. After this we were starting to get hungry. We headed off to Pecos Bills since I'd heard they had great burgers and it always smells so good when we walk by. Looking at the menu, I soon realized I'd be taking my life into my hands if I ate there. I don't think there was anything on the menu that DIDN'T have green peppers in it or wasn't spicy. Not good for me.

So, we headed over to Golden Oak Outpost and had chicken nuggets and waffle fries. One of our least glamorous meals this trip, but it didnt have peppers which
worked for me and it was chicken, which works for PR anytime.

I captured a couple pictures of a local resident. Actually, I think it was just the local beggar or scavenger. It seemed to take every opportunity where food was dropped or left unattended to stuff its face.
bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

After lunch, I had one thought...Dole whip for dessert. We decided to do our PotC FP first though. Well, we needed to so we didn't pass our window. Turns our, that was a non-issue...this one got canceled also. Evidently PotC was down earlier while we were eating. We went in and yet again they snagged one of our DVC FPs. I was planning on using them today, but not for something we ALREADY had a FP for. :sad: I took a few pictures in and on PotC, but the one of the redhead didn't turn out. I was so bummed about that because this was one of the last days before they were replacing her. :sad2: :mad: Is there a stupid politically incorrect Disney emoji?

poc1.jpeg
After PotC, it was time for our next dole whip experience. The original plan was for PR and I to get a float and split it. I know you're all groaning (well at least @pkondz is), but we'd just finished lunch so we didn't want to throw it out again. B noticed the pineapple upside down dole whip and ordered that. I realized that sounded mildly appealing....okay....good....fantastic. I asked PR if she wanted one or just a cup. She said just a cup. Okay barkeep, one shot and two whiskey sours. Oops, wrong TR or wrong reality. One dole whip and two pineapple upside down dole whips. Thanks to @AndiDis14 for letting me use her picture...I was too busy snarfing it down, I totally forget to get a picture. I was tempted to go back and get another...it was THAT good. I offered a bite to NOONE! Actually, I did offer a bite to PR, but she really liked the plain dole whip. No float, no cake, just plain for her. Considering how little she'd been eating, probably best.

pudc_dw_yum.jpg
The dole whip - super yummy
The dole whip float - scrumptious
The pineapple upside down cake dole whip - I've died and one to Heaven.
I really was tempted to go back and get a second one...it was THAT good!!! No, I mean I really had to fight the urge to not go get another one. I actually offered a bite to PR. Part of me hoped she'd say no. Part of me hoped she'd say yes and like it which would give me the excuse (besides the I'm a pig excuse) to get another.

Since B doesn't like roller coasters, I had been keeping an eye on things that were more his speed. We headed over to HM to see if we could get a disabled return time. They had problems with their device and asked if we just wanted to come in. Hmmm, let me think about that for about a nano second....sure! Notice these decisions take very little time...instant FP, umm okay, twist my arm. I tried and tried to get pictures of Madame Leota with her eyes open, but have I mentioned I'm not a good photographer? After our visit with the happiest haunts (shout out to @Raeven ), we sashayed over to HoP. Pkondz should be happy...we finally sashayed. After we let out of HoP, we went over to Under the sea, journey with the little mermaid. PR wanted to go and I knew it'd be one B would be okay with. PR loved it because she's still at the age where she's still a little girl in some respects, but loving teenage stuff and more thrills like dad.

Warning...horrible pictures ahead (but only for a certain Ariel obsessed person following this TR):
ariel3.jpg

ariel_eric.jpg
Unfortunately for you...she's taken!!!

After that, I think she'd had enough of the little girl side of herself...she wanted some thrills. What kind of dad would I be if I told her no. I told B we wanted to go on 7DMT. Unfortunately, it was not to be. We got a call from my niece (Caty [C]) and her BF (Gary [G]) telling us they were getting on a monorail at TC and would be there soon. C already had an AP, but they needed to stop and get one for G. We headed towards the front of the park, because we needed to go to guest relations yet again to fix the DVC FPs. The plan was to use the DVC FPs for PR, B and I and then the paper ones for C, G an S (still upcoming).

We caught a photographer on the way and got a couple of GOOD photos...

mk01.jpg

mk2.jpg

What's the towel for? Steam leakage?

Me in cab. You see that not being able to take good pictures runs in the family, huh? ;)

Okay, that's cool. He holds it in his hand!

The water spout in the background is REAL...not just for decoration.

Huh! I... well, I really like that. :)

For the record, I grew up seeing diesel engines and that's what I love and model (model railroading is one of my hobbies), but looking at these engines, they're beautiful. It was cool being able to see up close many of the details I've read about or seen mentioned and knowing how special trains were to Walt, this tour was very special. Yes, @pkondz, I'd do it again...if for no other reasons than to get better pictures and to hear the history and details again...I remember some, but not all.

Noted. This looks pretty appealing.

Similar to a pressure cooker letting off steam, but bigger and louder.

So I can make a train with my Instant Pot. Cool!

There was some type of problem on the tracks and we had to walk back.

That's kinda... embarrassing? Ironic? Considering they were supposed to be showing off the trains.

When we made it back, we got our "free" (umm, did y'all note how much we paid for this tour) bottle of water.

Oh brother. I'm not a fan of plain water. I wouldn't even take it. Unless someone wanted an extra.

When we got back to the train station, we tried to close the station doors so we could finish our tour and history lesson, but every 2-3 minutes, someone would yank open the door again even though it was dead bolted

Sorry. Not getting this. Why did the door have to be bolted to finish the tour?

as compensation for our trouble or our feet, we were rewarded with a anywhere fastpass each.

Nice! I'll take that for a leisurely stroll.

The next FP was for BTMRR. Again, this wasn't something of interest to B

Wasn't... of.... interest..... :faint:

We headed off to Pecos Bills since I'd heard they had great burgers and it always smells so good when we walk by. Looking at the menu, I soon realized I'd be taking my life into my hands if I ate there. I don't think there was anything on the menu that DIDN'T have green peppers in it or wasn't spicy.

Correction. Pecos Bills used to have great burgers. That's gone now, unfortunately. They had a terrific fixin's bar... Tragic.

Good shot! :thumbsup2

After lunch, I had one thought...Dole whip for dessert.

::yes:: I have that thought after lunch too. And before. And during.

I took a few pictures in and on PotC, but the one of the redhead didn't turn out.

Too bad. But tough to get. It's relatively dark and you're moving to boot.

I was so bummed about that because this was one of the last days before they were replacing her. :sad2: :mad: Is there a stupid politically incorrect Disney emoji?

So stupid. Pretty soon you're going to open your grandkid's history book and it's just going to have rainbows in it and a declaration "Nothing bad ever happens".

The original plan was for PR and I to get a float and split it. I know you're all groaning (well at least @pkondz is),

Split it....

One dole whip and two pineapple upside down dole whips. Thanks to @AndiDis14 for letting me use her picture...I was too busy snarfing it down, I totally forget to get a picture. I was tempted to go back and get another...it was THAT good.

Okay.... This has never appealed to me. My mom used to make one and I didn't like it at all.

But.... now you have me intrigued! I'll have to try one next trip (whenever that is).
Going on the list.

I tried and tried to get pictures of Madame Leota with her eyes open, but have I mentioned I'm not a good photographer?

She's not easy. You have to keep the camera pointed and wait. Her eyes are only open for a second or two.

we sashayed over to HoP. Pkondz should be happy...we finally sashayed.

It's always time for a sashay.
(Unless you've just driven for 17 hours or are too stuffed and all you can manage is a wobble.)

PR loved it because she's still at the age where she's still a little girl in some respects, but loving teenage stuff and more thrills like dad.

Good time to take her. :)

Warning...horrible pictures ahead (but only for a certain Ariel obsessed person following this TR):

:wave:

Correct. I love that last photo where she's trying to let him down gently. Poor guy never knew what hit him.

Fun shot!

What's the towel for? Steam leakage?

Okay, that's cool. He holds it in his hand!

Huh! I... well, I really like that. :)

Noted. This looks pretty appealing.

So I can make a train with my Instant Pot. Cool!

That's kinda... embarrassing? Ironic? Considering they were supposed to be showing off the trains.

Oh brother. I'm not a fan of plain water. I wouldn't even take it. Unless someone wanted an extra.

Sorry. Not getting this. Why did the door have to be bolted to finish the tour?

Nice! I'll take that for a leisurely stroll.

Wasn't... of.... interest..... :faint:

Correction. Pecos Bills used to have great burgers. That's gone now, unfortunately. They had a terrific fixin's bar... Tragic.

Good shot! :thumbsup2

::yes:: I have that thought after lunch too. And before. And during.

Too bad. But tough to get. It's relatively dark and you're moving to boot.

So stupid. Pretty soon you're going to open your grandkid's history book and it's just going to have rainbows in it and a declaration "Nothing bad ever happens".

Split it....

Okay.... This has never appealed to me. My mom used to make one and I didn't like it at all.

But.... now you have me intrigued! I'll have to try one next trip (whenever that is).
Going on the list.

She's not easy. You have to keep the camera pointed and wait. Her eyes are only open for a second or two.

It's always time for a sashay.
(Unless you've just driven for 17 hours or are too stuffed and all you can manage is a wobble.)

Good time to take her. :)

:wave:

Correct. I love that last photo where she's trying to let him down gently. Poor guy never knew what hit him.

Fun shot!
On my phone so not trying to multiquote..
THey never said about the towel, but I think for turning the knobs without getting burnt.

I was debating about showing the shot of him lighting the fire...pretty cool

If you make a train from your instant pot, I want to cone see it

I'm still a big kid at heart and PR actually is still a kid in many ways, so this trip was a lot of what she wanted to do and less of what dad wanted. She'll be graduating next year, so not sure how many more daddy daughter trips are on the horizon.

If I'd had a decent camera, I could've gotten it. If she wasn't being gotten rid of for idiotic reasons, not getting the picture wouldn't bother me as much.

If I could've done video, then I could've grabbed a still from it. Oh well..next time unless she's removed for some stupid reason

I've always liked pineapple upside cake and putting a dole whip on top....so amazingly good. The cake is moist and yummy and the deliciousness of dole whip to boot!!

B isn't into roller coasters so 7dmt was a no go for him.

I like that shot. I like Lumiere too, so even better. I think chip would be cuter, but he doesn't have arms, so I imagine less dramatic of a photo.

THey never said about the towel, but I think for turning the knobs without getting burnt.

Ah! Of course. Makes sense.

I was debating about showing the shot of him lighting the fire...pretty cool

Glad you posted it. Cool photo and cool that he does that.

If you make a train from your instant pot, I want to cone see it

:laughing: Okay!

this trip was a lot of what she wanted to do and less of what dad wanted.

And that's the way it should be IMHO.

She'll be graduating next year, so not sure how many more daddy daughter trips are on the horizon.

Yep. I'm glad I did my daddy daughter trips. Don't regret a single one of them.

If she wasn't being gotten rid of for idiotic reasons, not getting the picture wouldn't bother me as much.

I hear that.

I'm hoping to get back to reading and replying here today. Gotta get the groceries in and put away and then get a cheesecake made :) I see I have some updates to catch up on!

We got up very early. We had a date with some steam trains at 7:30. I love trains and I'd booked The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour

GAH!!! That's the 2nd TR I've read THIS week of that tour! I really need to take it someday!

Okay, well they failed to tell me that the $4000 for the tour didn't include the valet costs.

:headache: Of course they didn't!!!

I smiled my biggest pppffffhhhhttt smile.

Perfectly appropriate for the situation!

I may or may not have retrieved my underwear, so maybe going commando like @Steppesister.

Hey! You're just like me!

I don't like being late EVER

See? Toldja! You're just like me!

At least there were no pictures (that I'm aware of).

Disney takes security to dizzying heights. Are you sure?!

She explained Disney takes safety very seriously and especially with regards to the trains.

And guest security too, apparently. Cavity searches are no joke. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Mama always told me I was special

Run, Forest, Run!!!

If you've not seen the movie "Walt before Mickey", I'd recommend it. It's on Netflix.

Oh, thanks for the recommendation!

They said they don't bother trying to clean it up because there's just more every night

Exactly why my bed rarely gets made. Why? :rotfl2:

bttt16-jpg.311182

That one dang good photo! And beyond freakishly cool!

For the record, I grew up seeing diesel engines and that's what I love and model (model railroading is one of my hobbies), but looking at these engines, they're beautiful.

Fun hobby! Been to several museums with models and spent inordinate amounts of time mesmerized. :)

Similar to a pressure cooker letting off steam, but bigger and louder.

Bigger IS better!! I really need to take this tour.

bottle of water.

Holy poop they're in a generous mood.

but every 2-3 minutes, someone would yank open the door again even though it was dead bolted.

Sooo, it was Gaston that was contantly interrupting?

Hey, that's a cool photo!

I was planning on using them today, but not for something we ALREADY had a FP for. :sad:

Well, crap. Why can't they get this RIGHT for you guys?

:sad2: :mad: Is there a stupid politically incorrect Disney emoji?

There certainly NEEDS to be. This was a totally dumb move.

noticed the pineapple upside down dole whip and ordered that. I realized that sounded mildly appealing....okay....good....fantastic.

You know what? I think I may try one of those next time too. Caught my eye last time.

Okay barkeep, one shot and two whiskey sours.

Which reminds me, I kinda wanted to try the one with rum in it.

Pkondz should be happy...we finally sashayed.

Next time saunter. I think you'll notice the difference and switch.

And fortunately for him, so is he. ;)

GAH!!! That's the 2nd TR I've read THIS week of that tour! I really need to take it someday!
I booked our return for September. Staying at the Swan. Pkondz mentioned (well hinted) he might be down there sometime in September and was asking about the MNSSHP and it will be on when we're there. If you, by chance want to come down in September and have a DISmeet, we could definitely do the train tour again (well, I could...not so sure about PR)

Perfectly appropriate for the situation!
I thought so too, but didn't work out so well.

Hey! You're just like me!
Well, in many regards, I take that as a compliment...with regards to going commando, not sure...so many different directions that conversation could go.

See? Toldja! You're just like me!
Oooh, I'm becoming a nurse and getting a pilot's license even though I haven't signed up for either course. Woo hoo!!!

Disney takes security to dizzying heights. Are you sure?!
In the immortal words of Astro....ruh roh George!

And guest security too, apparently. Cavity searches are no joke. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Well, it seemed to be a joke for those other people watching...it wasn't for me.

Run, Forest, Run!!!
I can run faster with less weight, but I don't think as fast (and definitely not as long) as he did.

Oh, thanks for the recommendation!
It's not a thriller, but good to see the story of Walt before he became mega famous and mega rich.

Exactly why my bed rarely gets made. Why? :rotfl2:
Exactly...wow, I really am like you. Are you sure you're not my Steppe Sister? No, my mom and dad never divorced. My sister from another mother? Doesn't sound as good as brother from another mother, but still true.

That one dang good photo! And beyond freakishly cool!
I debated about including it because I don't want to give away too much about the tour, but I thought it was way cool and I want to be a fireman one day.

Fun hobby! Been to several museums with models and spent inordinate amounts of time mesmerized. :)
When we bought our house, one half of the basement was SUPPOSED to be for me for model trains. Please note the emphasis on supposed. My hands aren't as steady and my eyes aren't as good as they once were, so I may have to give up the dream of having my own layout to rival EPCOT's.

Bigger IS better!! I really need to take this tour.

Holy poop they're in a generous mood.
The FPs were way better than the water and worth the extra steps and wear and tear on the shoes.

Sooo, it was Gaston that was contantly interrupting?
No, and kinda a followup to the question posed by pkondz I realized I never answered. We were trying to lock it to keep down the background noise while Mary was giving us some of the history, but people kept yanking it open. The problem was, although it was deadbolted, they hadn't latched the other door to the floor/ceiling, so it just pivoted in the middle and open sesame. :sad:

Hey, that's a cool photo!
Thanks! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Well, crap. Why can't they get this RIGHT for you guys?
It was almost a problem of having too many FPs, if there is such a thing. Evidently, the FP systems likes the ANY time FPs first although that's not what we wanted.

There certainly NEEDS to be. This was a totally dumb move.
Agree 100000000000% I get so frustrated when the vocal .01% of people win out over the 99.99% that LOVE it.

You know what? I think I may try one of those next time too. Caught my eye last time.
Oh my gosh yes...you won't regret it. I've always like pineapple upside down cake and put the dole whip on top of it....wonderful!

Which reminds me, I kinda wanted to try the one with rum in it.
I very rarely drink and don't want to ruin a great dole whip with rum. :rotfl2:

Next time saunter. I think you'll notice the difference and switch.
I can neither confirm nor deny I sauntered at some point nor can I say if I preferred it over sashaying.

And fortunately for him, so is he. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter