Votes: 91 12.7%
  • April 8-12

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • April 15-19

Votes: 133 18.5%
  • April 22-26

Votes: 105 14.6%

• Total voters
We have the last week of March off here in Michigan. We’ll be at HHI though and not the World.

Here are some of the larger schools for the Kansas City area:
Lee's Summit March 18-22
Blue Springs March 11-15
Blue Valley March 11-15
Independence March 25- 29
Kansas City March 18-22
Shawnee Mission March 11-15
All added to poll

Even though the poll is no longer open we can still continue the conversation. :)

Very true! To me, at least, it looks like the spring break period is very spread out this year because of Easter being so late. I think another interesting data point could be fast pass availability at the 60 day mark of these spring breaks.

NYC schools are off April 19-28, we decided to pull kids out though and go 3/23-3/30 instead.

It's not our spring break, but I love March weather in Orlando and a little March getaway worked well with our schedule. Looking at airline prices, hotel prices, Disney one day ticket prices, and crowd calendar predictions sometime back (touring plans and undercover tourist), despite Mardi Gras falling in that week, I made travel arrangements for the first week in March seeing crowd level 6-8 prediction. Touring Plans recently after probably looking at 60 day FP selections upped predications to 8-10. Oops. And I hear from lots of Louisiana folks that schools there are always off during Mardi Gras. I looked at maybe changing to a different March week, but the airfare extra charges are just too much. At least I like the weather then. It's usually great any time in March. And even at the busy MK ride waits don't look too bad on the crowd 10 day when I eliminate 7DMT and Peter Pan from our plan which we are cool with. We are visiting SeaWorld (not as bad as Disney at crowded times -- just show up to popular shows about a 1/2 hour before they start) too as well as visiting relatives who live in Tampa and Orlando.

Very true! To me, at least, it looks like the spring break period is very spread out this year because of Easter being so late. I think another interesting data point could be fast pass availability at the 60 day mark of these spring breaks.

So March break for Ontario ( Canada) is March 11-15. Private schools get two weeks so the following week too. Just logged in to book FP for our March13-16 pre Disney cruise WDW days. On 60+3 everything was available. FOP at 11:40 SDD at afternoon and evening times, SDMT all but earliest morning times. Now at 60 days there were no big rides left which makes sense as it’s a mid week arrival. I used CL FP+ program and I’m glad I did so I could get rides I wanted for my short trip. Had we been there 5-6 days there would have been no need. So maybe it will be crowded but if staying on site FP choices are good.

I am going to share some insight I wrote on another post a few weeks ago, regarding Spring Break Easter week this year. Because it applies to the experience I had at WDW last time Easter fell on April 20, in 2014:

My experience after multiple spring break trips, and one "week leading up to Christmas" trip. The one year I thought, "Oh, Easter is April 20, and our spring break is the last week of March, WDW shouldn't be as crowded as it has been in previous years." It turns out when Easter falls later in April, Florida schools have spring break in March. We are actually seeing a similar thing in the schedules in the districts in Ohio right now. That one year, 2014, there was a day we were at Magic Kingdom that I'm pretty sure the entire state of Florida was there. It wasn't even a phased closing day, but we left for the afternoon and came back in the evening. There were cars parked on the lawn back by the racetrack in the TTC parking lot. That is the only "miserable" day I can recall out of 3 years of Spring Break trips. I'm actually happy our spring break is April 13-20 this year! I've been there on a day in December 2017 that I think someone said had 80,000 people, where they were directing people away from the hub 30 minutes before HEA, and even that day didn't seem as bad and didnt have a phased closure.

I am going to share some insight I wrote on another post a few weeks ago, regarding Spring Break Easter week this year. Because it applies to the experience I had at WDW last time Easter fell on April 20, in 2014:

My experience after multiple spring break trips, and one "week leading up to Christmas" trip. The one year I thought, "Oh, Easter is April 20, and our spring break is the last week of March, WDW shouldn't be as crowded as it has been in previous years." It turns out when Easter falls later in April, Florida schools have spring break in March. We are actually seeing a similar thing in the schedules in the districts in Ohio right now. That one year, 2014, there was a day we were at Magic Kingdom that I'm pretty sure the entire state of Florida was there. It wasn't even a phased closing day, but we left for the afternoon and came back in the evening. There were cars parked on the lawn back by the racetrack in the TTC parking lot. That is the only "miserable" day I can recall out of 3 years of Spring Break trips. I'm actually happy our spring break is April 13-20 this year! I've been there on a day in December 2017 that I think someone said had 80,000 people, where they were directing people away from the hub 30 minutes before HEA, and even that day didn't seem as bad and didnt have a phased closure.
And FWIW, the dates I am referring to are March 26, 2014 and December 20, 2017. March 26, 2014 was a 9 out of 10 according to TP and Dec 20, 2017 was a 10 out of 10, based on "what they saw", not what they predicted. I do think despite how crowded Dec 20th was, we had a much better time because we used FP+ as much as possible, used mobile ordering for our food, and had reserved the Dessert party with Plaza Garden viewing. Point being, even with large crowds you can have a great time if youre prepared and take advantage of the technology Disney has in place that didnt exist in 2014. Im inclined to think much of March and April is just going to be crowded this year with the speading out of Mardi Gras, spring breaks and Easter weeks.

I do think I read somewhere that schools in the NE are taking off the week leading up to Easter, those are the only districts I know of as a large group that are. But I really do think March is going to be really busy. At least mid April I am hoping it will be warm enough to enjoy a midday pool break each day when the parks get most crowded. :)

We are going March 6-15 and I also saw the week of March 11th predicted as 10s for crowd level on touring plans. I selected my fastpasses last week and got everything I wanted very easily. My first thought with Easter being so late in 2019 was that the 2nd week of March would still be fairly safe from the mobs. I am still thinking positively but if not, I have 2 after hours events planned just in case! We are traveling with a 4 year old and a 7 month old, so I really hope the 10 predictions are WRONG!!! If the parks get too much to handle, we are staying at the Polynesian so we will arrive early, take in what we want to see, take a break during the afternoon and head back out at night.

We are going March 6-15 and I also saw the week of March 11th predicted as 10s for crowd level on touring plans. I selected my fastpasses last week and got everything I wanted very easily. My first thought with Easter being so late in 2019 was that the 2nd week of March would still be fairly safe from the mobs. I am still thinking positively but if not, I have 2 after hours events planned just in case! We are traveling with a 4 year old and a 7 month old, so I really hope the 10 predictions are WRONG!!! If the parks get too much to handle, we are staying at the Polynesian so we will arrive early, take in what we want to see, take a break during the afternoon and head back out at night.
My thought is, as long as anyone traveling to WDW March or April this year is prepared for crowds, they will have a good time. Just dont be "that family" standing in the middle of the throngs of people, looking at a map and yelling at each other as to which ride to go on next. Ive seen that family as I am sure many of us have. Also, considering you will have a 7 month old with you make sure you get rider swapmpasses for anything your 4 year old rides that the baby cannot.

Here are some of the larger schools for the Kansas City area:
Lee's Summit March 18-22
Blue Springs March 11-15
Blue Valley March 11-15
Independence March 25- 29
Kansas City March 18-22
Shawnee Mission March 11-15
All added to poll
We are kansas connections academy march 18-22

We’re in VA at a private school and have most of the week before Easter off. No real spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter