Spring Break 2019 - When is your school off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Texas here (Dallas area)--next year our spring break will be March 11-15.

We start this fall on August 16 and end May 30, 2019.

Happen to be putting something together for my family, so this is what I have so far:

Charlotte Area
North Carolina Schools
First Day of School: 8/27
Christmas break: 12/22 - 1/6
Dr. Martin Luther King: 4 day weekend
No Feb Break
Easter Break: 4/19 - 4/28
Last day of school: 6/7

South Carolina Schools
First Day of School: 8/20
Christmas break: 12/22 - 1/7
Dr. Martin Luther King: 1/21
Feb Break: 2/18
Easter Break: 4/13 - 4/22
Last day of school: 6/6

New York Area
New York City
First Day of School: 9/5
Christmas break: 12/22 - 1/1
Dr. Martin Luther King: 1/21
Feb Break: 2/16 - 2/24
Easter Break: 4/19 - 4/28
Last day of school: 6/26

Most Long Island Schools have not yet published their Calendars.

Chicagoland: we are always last week of March. School starts mid August and ends around Memorial Day (depending on snow days)

Oregon :)

Public schools throughout Oregon seem to take off the last full week of March regardless of when Easter falls. So 2019 is March 25-29.

Some schools also had a few days either the week before or after for conferences and other taking care of business type days.

I'm always curious to hear when different schools are on Spring break. I live in Upstate NY, and for 2019, we have the week before Easter off plus the Monday after Easter (4/13-4/22). The last few years we've had the week after Easter, so I'm guessing the change is due to Easter being later.

Bonus Question - When does your school year end? We start after Labor Day and go until the end of June (likely 6/20ish this year).

March 18-22, 2019 here in Alabama. The last day of school this year is May 25th, 2018. Our 1st day back will be Aug 6, 2018.

I am in Minnesota. My daughter's 2019 spring break is March 11--15. This will be the first time her break lines up with my son's college spring break.
This year the last day of school is June 4.

Ours is always the second week in March. Students are also off the Friday before that week and the Monday after due to teacher professional development. So in 2019, students are off March 8-18.

NE Indiana: our spring break is always the first full week of April plus the Friday before. So next year, our break is March 29 - April 5, 2019.
We start school mid-August and our last day is usually right after Memorial Day.

To avoid multiple threads, going to close this and we can all go vote / continue the discussion in @day-Day‘s poll thread. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter