Spring Break 2019 - When is your school off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re on April vacation break this week, and next year will be the same (4/22 - 4/26). School starts the week before Labor Day and runs to mid-June, though this year we have 4-5 days to make-up pushing end to 6/21.

Our school calendar seems to be tweaked a little each year, although our spring break always coincides with Easter. Normally our kids are off the whole week before Easter, plus Easter Monday. But some of those days are potential snow makeup days, so we never know for sure if we'll actually get all of those days off.

Anyway, this year is a little different, they are scheduled off 4/17 (Wednesday before Easter) through 4/23 (Tuesday after Easter). They start school August 30th and end on June 7th.

April 15th is the start of ours here, MASS too. thinking of booking for April 11-18th. Will pull our teen out 11th/12th and come back day before good friday. Alternate dates would be Feb17-24th... too afraid of bad weather here and cold there soooo we chicken out of feb every time

RI here. We are always off the 3rd week of February and the 3rd week of April every year. Next year the April break happens to overlap with Easter (4/15-4/19). We always start school the Wednesday before Labor Day and the last day is scheduled to be mid-June. This year we have so many snow days/lost power days the last day is 6/26.

SE Wisconsin here. Our Spring Break is the week of April 15th next year. It varies a lot across the state though. Nearby districts are the week of March 18th and March 25th.

In GA...first week of April. We go back the beginning of August and get out before Memorial Day.

I'm in central NYS. Our school district has not yet published the 2018-2019 calendar. We are typically off either the week before Easter or Good Friday plus the week following Easter. Since Easter is later next year, I'm going to guess that it will be the week leading up to Easter. We don't usually get Easter Monday if break is before Easter, but I can always hope.

We start the Wednesday after Labor Day and get out at the end of June. High school students go in only for exams starting 6/12 (this year). Middle and elementary students are finished 6/21, and graduation is 6/23. This shifts around as Labor Day does, though. I remember that my oldest graduated on 6/27 a few years ago. There are 5 snow days built into the calendar, but if extra are needed, they come out of Spring Break, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, etc. and don't typically impact the end of the year.

A little confusing— the article says spring break 2019 but the chart says “start date 2018/ end date 2018. Wonder which year the dates really are.

I think those are 2019 dates. I know that SUNY at Buffalo and SUNY Oswego had different break weeks in 2018. It looks like they'll have the same week next year.

I'm in central NYS. Our school district has not yet published the 2018-2019 calendar. We are typically off either the week before Easter or Good Friday plus the week following Easter. Since Easter is later next year, I'm going to guess that it will be the week leading up to Easter. We don't usually get Easter Monday if break is before Easter, but I can always hope.

We start the Wednesday after Labor Day and get out at the end of June. High school students go in only for exams starting 6/12 (this year). Middle and elementary students are finished 6/21, and graduation is 6/23. This shifts around as Labor Day does, though. I remember that my oldest graduated on 6/27 a few years ago. There are 5 snow days built into the calendar, but if extra are needed, they come out of Spring Break, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, etc. and don't typically impact the end of the year.

You must be close to me (I'm near Binghamton) as this sounds almost exactly like us. :)

I live North of Atlanta Georgia. Spring Break 2019 will be the first week of April next year. Our school year ends May 24th this year and back to school is August 6, 2019.

Maryland changed required start and end dates. Starting this current school year, schools can start no sooner than the day after Labor Day and must end by June 15th. Each county does this in different ways. Baltimore Country does it by changing Spring Break from a week +1 day, to this year, half a day Thursday and off Good Friday and Easter Monday. Next year, only Friday and Monday.

Good news is we have the end of August open to visit Disney when some other schools go back.

Our spring break changes every year. Sometimes it's planned with Easter in mind, occasionally around Passover instead. It's always in April, either way, but it can be any week within that month. This year we were off the very first week of April. In 2019 year we will have the last week of April off. We are in upstate NY and start the Wed after Labor Day (late start) and end usually around the 22 of June.

Fayette Co Georgia spring break is 4-1 through 4-5 and first day of school is August 6th. Henry Co Georgia has the same spring break but the first day is July 30th

Every other year, we've had Good Friday and the Week after Easter. For next year, we will have Mardi Gras week off for Spring break and then we will have Good Friday and the Monday after Easter off. This is due to Easter being so late next year and state testing beginning around that time.

How many snow days did you have?

According to the town facebook forum, too many. I don't have school aged kids in the district, but I want to say it was somewhere between 5 and 7.

@vetrik that sounds soooo painful. Nothing worse than being in a hot unairconditioned school that late in the year....

Victoria, BC here and next year it looks as though the Spring Break will be from March 16-31. Schools here get both Good Friday and Easter Monday off.

Our school year always runs from the day after Labour Day until the last Thursday in June. This year started on Sept. 5 and will end on June 28, next year will start on Sept. 4 and end on June 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts