Spring break 2019 estimated timeframe?

lisa cameron

Mouseketeer
Planning on Disney world trip March 29-April 1st as worked for my schedule and the WDW Prep School website showed “light crowds” because most districts do not have spring break at that time this year. However, pretty much every other crowed calendar shows heavy crowds. In Texas, Spring break for us March 11-15th. I have read WDW Prep School tends to be fairly reliable? Big difference amongst the predictions for this time frame. I assumed we were choosing dates between the spring break flux and Easter so keeping fingers crossed that WDW Prep School website is correct.
Any insight?

Looks like really spread out over almost a 6 week period, end of Feb through beginning of April. Maybe that is a good thing. Cannot be worse that the Presidents’ Day weekend crowd of this year but was really hoping for a bit less.

We are in MN - I work in a public school district and my kids go to another. We only have a weeklong spring break every other year, but it is always in March. Of course the weeks are different! Last year my break was the first week in March and my kids had off the third week!

We will be there then and crowds are predicted to be around an 8 by touring plans. I would plan for crowds.

That is a very popular time for Spring Break. Our kids are on break at that time every year. With a late Easter it will not be as busy as it would be with an earlier Easter, but it will not be light crowds.

Whomever called that time “light crowds” must not understand that not all school districts tie their Spring Break to Easter. Your dates are the end of our Spring Break, and that has been Spring Break for our area since I was a kid. Expect a lot of Chicago area peeps at a minimum.

https://publicholidays.us/school-holidays/

This site is helpful. 10 districts in FL have spring break during the dates we are coming, less than 20%. Granted, I know some of those districts may have more schools than others (i.e. Miami is out) but the weekend of the 29th is end of the break so I would suspect the crowds would start to travel back home. Looks like none of Texas is on break during that time. I looked at a few other larger districts close to Florida (Atlanta, DC, Baltimore, Nashville not on break), looks like less than 20% for most areas. I see Charleston will be on spring break.

But the middle of March looks much worse. So I agree, maybe not “light crowds” the end of March but less than the middle of March. Not Christmas crowds, whew!

That's our spring break (Indiana) and a lot of the schools in our area have the same week. We will be there the 24th - 29th. I'm expected it to be busy but not insane. Seems like spring break is pretty spread out from mid March to mid April.

I emailed WDW Prep, they responded and just updated their forecast to moderate crowds the 4th week of March

Check on the annual pass blockout dates. They will blockout the spring break week for Orlando area that’s a week you will want to avoid. But like others said the spring breaks are staged.

There really is no slow time anymore in Disney. Expect crowds to be heavy, and if they aren’t you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

A good touring plan will be your best strategy to deal with any crowd issues.
That................and starting your day nice and early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter