Spring 2019 DLH speculations...

Disney Dudette

Mouseketeer
We are beginning to plan a trip for April of 2019 and we were considering staying at the DLH. However, with the downtown Disney construction for the new hotel, we are beginning to wonder if it will be worth it to stay there. What are your guys' thoughts on the monorail running? The walk and construction from the DLH to the esplanade? We are trying to decide between a 3 night stay at the DLH versus a 4 night stay off site at maybe the Best Western Park Place Inn. Any thoughts or feelings on this?? Thanks!

Agreed. I think the Grand Californian will be the only onsite hotel worth staying at until they complete the project.

I think the walk will be crowded, as well as not worth the money to stay on site. Stay at the Grand.
Agreed. I think the Grand Californian will be the only onsite hotel worth staying at until they complete the project.
GCH rates are likely to go up during construction, with few discounts.
Convention rates (and events like Dapper Day and Gay Days) might be limited to only DLH and PPH.

GCH rates are likely to go up during construction, with few discounts.
Convention rates (and events like Dapper Day and Gay Days) might be limited to only DLH and PPH.

April 2019 Dapper Day rates are out. 334 before tax for GCH and DLH is 284 before tax. I don't remember what the PPH was. I know this year, Gay Days rates are a lot higher than I thought they would be. I suggest if anyone is thinking about going, to book soon because they will book up.

I am usually very optimistic when it comes to Disneyland. I always go prepared and do not let crowds get to me. Everyone likes and expects different things. We are staying at DLH this December and im not too worried about construction. I am assuming it will still be in the beginning stages and even if not it is only at the very beginning after leaving the hotel. I am sure they will have their walls up and have a walk way of sort. I am going to follow the changes and updates here.

If you do not care where you stay then i think it is better to stay offsite and save $$ and time. For us it will be the first and only time many can stay on site. It is a group of 14 and it will be a surprise for the kids. They know there will be construction going on and still begged to stay there. For us it is worth it. I think only you know if it is worth it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter