Dining Solo is...Interesting? April 26th-29th Trip Report

:cool1: I’m ridin’ solo! :cool1:

Yes, you read that right. I am venturing down to The World by myself for the first time EVER! I have been to Disney World many times with my family and friends (10 + times!) but this is the first time ever going completely solo! I have been on other domestic solo trips, so I feel pretty prepared for this one. Going solo to WDW is on my bucket list, so I figured why not?

eyyKEEsLkVXw1kwwmBo8ntNiQpmWsnFXpLaMelywg3NtsH1hcXVGSrCSxFOTgPgUkCl5PYLkpidgrqndsNWsHgehVXp6J4uyc9M3GLyJLpm7poOZyPgNISbvM78zFUh-gfGMk41U

So this is a very spontaneous and short trip and I just decided to go about a month ago. I am currently a travel agent, so I get a free 4-Day Park Hopper for Disney World! The trip is very short (3 nights) and I will be staying off-site at an Airbnb. The price was so good ($170) compared to the price I was going to pay at a Value ($600), so I went with it! I have never stayed off-site before when visiting Disney, so that will be very interesting...but I go with the flow! I was able to order the new black MagicBand though, so I’m excited about that!

So here’s the basics:

Who: Me, Myself, and I!

What: Disney World 2018!

When: April 26th through April 29th

Where: Airbnb near MK

Why: SOLO! anddd Flower and Garden!

So here is the tentative plan so far...I’ve changed it about 3 times already! The joys of solo travel :rotfl2:

Thursday, April 26th:

I’ll be driving down from Charleston, SC and going straight to Disney Springs. I unfortunately have to pick up my park hopper ticket when I get there. Even though I get a free ticket, I can’t get it in advance, which means I can’t make Fastpasses until this day :sad: Like I said though, I am going with the flow on this trip. I’m not too worried since I plan to rope drop everyday and stay until close. Once I get my ticket, I’ll grab dinner at either Morimoto Asia or Earl of Sandwich. I love both so it’ll just depend on my mood that day. I’ll probably turn in early that night so I can be up bright and early the next morning!

I may or may not try to leave earlier in the day and try to fit a park in...we’ll see!

Friday, April 27th:

I’ll be up super early in the morning so I can get over to Epcot! I am so excited to see the Flower and Garden Festival since I’ve never been before. :flower: I love all the topiaries I’ve seen from people and the bright colors around the park. I already have my spreadsheet made for the all the things I want to try at the food booths! I’m hoping I can rope drop Soarin’ and then single ride on Test Track, since I didn’t get to ride on my last trip. I may see if I can snag a Fastpass for Frozen, but I was hoping to save my Fastpasses for Hollywood Studios, which I plan to walk to at night. I will most likely stay at Epcot till a little before dinner time, then walk to HS using the Boardwalk, which I’ve never really got to explore. I originally had a reservation for Trattoria al Forno, but I cancelled it and decided to just go to The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge. I’ve never been to the actual restaurant, so I figured the lounge would be a good place to start! I’m hoping I can ride RnR and ToT a couple times and then see my favorite show, Fantasmic.

Saturday, April 28th:

Magic Kingdom Day, yay! I am super excited about MK day, since they open early and they don’t close until midnight! I plan to get in an hour before they open like I usually do and explore Main Street and then ride Pirates first, my MK tradition!

2utuXvlWZKyzU3-cNnxrfCtpLQLOIIClU_03Jje6cO974WBxQArE8r-CAzfmQc6apVAwjvEOyQ4QRLfYxALG6_onVsfrIS5c0CoxTAtnLYK5kMWOplv3UWqTiK5EvHR9kWMO88A6

I will definitely be grabbing a Nutella Fruit Waffle Sandwich because I fell in love with it last time I was there. I was also able to snag a reservation for Be Our Guest and I am so so SO excited! Sometimes it pays to be a solo traveler! Lol. I will probably stay at MK for awhile and then I plan to do a Monorail Loop Bar Crawl! So far, my plan is to start at The Wave Lounge/Cali Lounge, then go to Tambu Lounge/Trader Sam’s, and then end at Mizner’s Lounge. I wanted to chance to explore more resorts and I feel like I’m actually able to do that on this trip! Once I’m through with this, I will head back to MK to see if I can ride a few more rides and see The Kiss Goodnight. I have no interest in seeing Happily Ever After again, so I’ll use this time to ride rides. I know, crazy right, but I just wasn't impressed :confused3 I recently just found out that is it going to be Dapper Day as well. I was planning on not participating, but then I found a really cute Dumbo inspired outfit so it looks like I will possibly be dressing up! I am a little worried about crowds because of this, but luckily I’m by myself.

Sunday, April 29th:

Even though I am leaving on this day, I won’t be leaving until later and I’ll be visiting Animal Kingdom in the morning! I can never go to Disney without visiting every park or I feel like I’m missing something. So I’m rope dropping at AK and I’ll try to get as much done as I can before I leave! I’m gonna attempt to get a last minute FP for one of the Avatar rides, but I’ve rode both of them before so I won’t be super bummed if I don’t ride them. I have to get a Night Blossom though!

ql-p3de0hA0ISqvucVGAy5ryDGmPYxFl7_Ew96uluL4WZQd3CxNd6qTQXgLJqm64dnjn4a4_bbfbxVv59hAAPd2xj6Ew3O8gicEAXpqPjxTTN8f-Sdjnqg9_lTk-MsJ62o6JltBH

The amazing thing about going solo is that you can do whatever you want. I plan to ride Expedition Everest like 10 times in a row and no one can tell me I can’t! Lol. I'm glad I get to visit in April though, since it is the 20th Anniversary of AK! I'm hoping that more food carts will be open, like the Smiling Crocodile, since it NEVER is whenever I go and I'm always so bummed :sad1: I'll stay in AK for as long as I possibly can before I drag my feet back to my car and drive home!

So that's my plan thus far! If you all have any solo suggestions, please let me know. I will keep you all updated on what I actually do, because I'm sure I'll change it again in the next two weeks! :rotfl:

Alright, I changed my plans again :rotfl2:

I have decided to drive in earlier on Thursday, so I can hit HS and do the rides I want to do.
I'll stay in Epcot all day on Friday now, which I prefer so I don't feel rushed!

I made a reservation for Via Napoli...is it sad I'm just going so I can have a specific appetizer and dessert? Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!