Splitting a TS meal and snacks

nicky89

Earning My Ears
We’ve always gotten the QS dining plan and are going with standard dining plan for the first time. I have used 1 QS credit for 3 snacks in the past. Can 1 TS credit be used for 3 snacks also? (Thinking if any are left over to cash out)

Can 2 adults share a meal and use only 1 (or 2credits if signature dining) TS credit to pay? I know this can’t be done at buffets but what about other restaurants? We would much rather split a meal than see all the food go to waste and stuff ourselves more than needed since our appetites are on the smaller side. We could also stretch the credits more this way.
Thanks

You can share at most restaurants that are not All You Can Eat, Buffets, or shows. Via Napoli does not allow splitting credits with pizza though it seems.

We’ve always gotten the QS dining plan and are going with standard dining plan for the first time. I have used 1 QS credit for 3 snacks in the past. Can 1 TS credit be used for 3 snacks also? (Thinking if any are left over to cash out)

Can 2 adults share a meal and use only 1 (or 2credits if signature dining) TS credit to pay? I know this can’t be done at buffets but what about other restaurants? We would much rather split a meal than see all the food go to waste and stuff ourselves more than needed since our appetites are on the smaller side. We could also stretch the credits more this way.
Thanks

Are you sure the dining plan is a good value for you? Those TS credits are "worth" about $44. It would be very difficult to find 3 snacks to equal that amount. As PP said, you can use 1 credit for 1 meal and split that meal between you at 99% of places at Disney. Via Napoli is the only one that consistently does not allow this.

At TS restaurants where you order a la carte from the menu you will be able to share.

Among the exceptions are: you cannot share and everyone will be charged the appropriate number of credits or pay OOP at buffets (e.g. Tusker House, Crystal Palace), all you care to eat family style meals (e.g. 'Ohana, Garden Grill), the dinner shows (e.g. Hoop de Doo, Luau), fixed price meals (e.g. CRT, Akershus, BOG dinner), family platters (e.g. Whispering Canyon Cafe), dessert parties, and special events (e.g. Candlelight Processional Dining Package, Dine with an Imagineer).

Via Napoli is the one restaurant that consistently will not let anyone use one credit to feed two or more diners. Also, if you want to order pizza using credits, only the individual pizzas qualify. You cannot combine credits for the larger pizzas.

Are you sure the dining plan is a good value for you? Those TS credits are "worth" about $44. It would be very difficult to find 3 snacks to equal that amount. As PP said, you can use 1 credit for 1 meal and split that meal between you at 99% of places at Disney. Via Napoli is the only one that consistently does not allow this.
We’ve decided to upgrade the ddp simply because we want to do more sit down restaurants vs quick service. Last time, we ended up with tons of qs=snacks because we chose to go for table service at the last minute. I don’t plan on having any credits left since we already have our reservations made but we tend to change our plans as we go so it’s possible we may cancel if we just don’t feel like it at the time. Also, we are only there a few days so I just want to know that it isn’t all lost if we eat less (share) or skip a meal if we just aren’t hungry at that point in time. As for the sharing, it’s pretty much what i expected. Thanks for the feedback

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!