Split stay - same resort, keeping same room, different guest name

stal

DIS Veteran
hey,

Slightly complicated one here.

We are booking into CBR and want to add an extra night to the start of the trip. The only way we can do this is make a separate booking for the same room type. On that first night it will be me and my mother and for the rest of the trip, on the existing reservation it will be me and my wife, so what I’m asking is...
What are the chances we would be able to stay in the same room for the whole stay? I’ve read it’s pretty likely but would the differerent guest name pose a problem? I will be the lead guest on each booking.

Thanks!

if you call and give them both reservation numbers, they can put in the notes section that you have a "continuing reservation" and when you check-in you can remind them that your staying in a room only for one-night then your package starts the next and you'll like to just stay in the same room if possible (so long as the room category is the same).

The different guest name wouldn't pose a problem and, I've found, front desk CM's do their best to accommodate this request. On your first check-in day, simply go to the front desk and explain the situation to the CM. When we have done this, I have gone down to the front desk early in the morning on our check-in/check-out day to make sure we can stay in the same room.

In 2012 my friend Steph booked a package, and then we found out it was a LOT cheaper to fly in the day before and use my AP discount for the room that night. Given it was an AP booking I had to be the lead name. Steph and I went down to the front desk before checkout time the next morning and asked if we could keep that room. They turned the reservation over and checked her in with no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter