Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

LOL loaded fry problems... I have been making a list of cupcakes I want to try for my trip but now you have me thinking I should make a loaded fry list haha!

So, just because... I made this...

Anyone hungry yet?

I put 2 tater tot items on there, just cause. And I have at least one for each park except EPCOT. Any ideas? Did I forget any? Also, anyone know if Mr. Kamals is ever coming back?

Oh wow — yum!!! The Flame Tree and Daily Poutine ones are among my favorite WDW snacks.

And, say what?!?! Mr. Kamal’s is closed??? I hadn’t seen that and I’ve got his seasoned fries on my list for November. Boo!!!

So, just because... I made this...

Anyone hungry yet?

I put 2 tater tot items on there, just cause. And I have at least one for each park except EPCOT. Any ideas? Did I forget any? Also, anyone know if Mr. Kamals is ever coming back?
That is impressive! I love all your little printables you guys make! I'll need to copy some for my mom - maybe she will like gifts from Tink as well :rotfl:

I agree it would require some schedule jiggling to get the Disney After Hours to fit. You could probably reduce the time at MK during the day and give yourselves more afternoon pool time (fingers crossed for an early room available). If you do decide to go ahead and do it, let me know - APs get discounted tickets and I believe we can buy tickets for other people. (The Disney site is acting up right now so I can't check for sure.) AP price is $95/person and I can assign them directly into your MDEs (since we're still connected).

Hello Everyone!!!

I am slowly getting over a head cold. Yesterday, I literally just laid on the couch. I was miserable. Thankfully, I am feeling a bit better today. Still sick but I don't feel like death anymore. Just regular old gross.

So, I think I have made some decisions! (Although I haven't executed any of them just yet...) I "think" I am going to swap Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom days, so that we can take advantage of EMH in the am. Mostly for Toy Story Land.

Hollywood Studios would be our 2nd park day, so, I am hoping it won't be too bad to get up and get there early. I am hoping we can ride all 3 rides (in TSL) without fastness in the morning, and then maybe I can grab a nighttime fast pass to ride Slinky Dog Dash at night. I would love to be able to ride Toy Story Mania more than once this trip as well. Does anyone know what the average has been for TSM these days?

This will also put Animal Kingdom as our 3rd Park day. And I am thinking we will rent a stroller for the day to let the girls rest there feet a bit. It was worked out well, renting the in park strollers in AK and EPCOT for the girls. Gwen still tires out easily and by the 3rd day I am sure she will need it.

And for now, I am skipping the Disney After Hours Event. The "theme" of this trip is to really enjoy a true rest day at the Poly. And the event would probably mess that up a bit.

Also, I am keeping California Grill and skipping Hoop Dee Doo Review. I will just put that on the list for next trip.

I think that is it for now. I have started to look at shirt ideas but haven't been too inspired as of yet.

The Disney After Hours event does sound so fun! But the price is pretty steep and it would stink to have to rearrange your whole schedule.
This is kind of what I was thinking. Plus the "theme" of this trip is to really enjoy our time at the Poly relaxing. And I feel like if I rearrange some things, we would do half days while we are there.

Disney After Hours does sound like a great event, but if you have an early morning on your only Epcot day the following day, I think I agree on passing.
And I really want a full EPCOT day, as it will hopefully be Flower & Garden by then.

I agree it would require some schedule jiggling to get the Disney After Hours to fit. You could probably reduce the time at MK during the day and give yourselves more afternoon pool time (fingers crossed for an early room available). If you do decide to go ahead and do it, let me know - APs get discounted tickets and I believe we can buy tickets for other people. (The Disney site is acting up right now so I can't check for sure.) AP price is $95/person and I can assign them directly into your MDEs (since we're still connected).
See, I was all ready to dismiss the party and just say next time. And then you go and offer up discounted tickets!!! I greatly appreciate it! I do think for now we are going to skip it. I do plan on bringing it up with Andy at some point. But he is in the "I don't want to talk about the trip because it is too far away" Phase right now.

LOL loaded fry problems... I have been making a list of cupcakes I want to try for my trip but now you have me thinking I should make a loaded fry list haha!
You need both lists! My problem always is remembering all the things I want to try once we are actually there!

Oh wow — yum!!! The Flame Tree and Daily Poutine ones are among my favorite WDW snacks.

And, say what?!?! Mr. Kamal’s is closed??? I hadn’t seen that and I’ve got his seasoned fries on my list for November. Boo!!!
As far as I know... It isn't on the Disney website at the moment. I have had those fries and they are soooo good. If it is there, Def give them a try.

I think you just built my savory snack list for our trip :-)
Ha! I need something for EPCOT! Anything on your list?

...just because you're amazing?? Yep, that's it! LOVE this list, and have now saved it for our next trip. Thanks :)
I need to add something for EPCOT!!! Suggestions?

That is impressive! I love all your little printables you guys make! I'll need to copy some for my mom - maybe she will like gifts from Tink as well :rotfl:
That would be so funny!!! I always get the girls matching PJ's. That would be hilarious!!!

Our Epcot days are 2/27 and 3/4. Flower and Garden might be going for the 27th but should definitely be going for the 4th. The 4th is our WS day, so we're planning to try out the booths. The 27th in Future World, no real snack plans.
Mine in EPCOT seem to be all sweet for some reason... or alcoholic.. that's a whole different list!

Hello Everyone!!!

I am slowly getting over a head cold. Yesterday, I literally just laid on the couch. I was miserable. Thankfully, I am feeling a bit better today. Still sick but I don't feel like death anymore. Just regular old gross.

And for now, I am skipping the Disney After Hours Event. The "theme" of this trip is to really enjoy a true rest day at the Poly. And the event would probably mess that up a bit.

As far as I know... It isn't on the Disney website at the moment. I have had those fries and they are soooo good. If it is there, Def give them a try.

Ugh, summer colds are awful!! Hope it passes quickly.

I think that focusing on a true rest day at Poly sounds like a fantastic plan (my opinion on this is undoubtedly fueled by multiple visits chilling on the Tiki Terrace and daydreaming of spending a rest day at the Poly as a resort guest!).

Hmm, I still see Mr. Kamals (and, on the menu, the fries) via the MDE app, but I haven't checked the website recently. Who know...MDE has been such a mess since last Tuesday (of course, the issues caused by the "magical enhancements" they are currently doing started the day our 60-day window opened) that I don't entirely trust anything I'm seeing lately on the website or app. We've had a few cancelled ADRs and a cancelled resort reservation show back up in our plans.

Oh no, feel better soon! I think the decisions you've made are good ones!

I don't think the waits for TSMM have been too bad as of late. When I look it always seems to be in the 30-45 min range.

I have a cheese plate in Germany written down for Epcot snacks. And their Nudel Gratin. Also meatballs in Norway and Guinness Potato Chips in England.

Hello Everyone!!!!

I have some VERY exciting news! We are going back to Disney World soon! And it's adults only!! Woo Hoo! We are going Thursday, October 4th to Sunday, October 7th.

Andy and I have been talking about going just the 2 of us for awhile now. And just haven't pulled the trigger. We keep saying how it will be weird without the girls. And how mad the girls will be at us. (which will still be true, I am sure) BUT we decided to do it anyway!

Andy just got a new job, which is a big promotion for him. He has been at his company for a long time and he is very much looking forward to the new scenery and challenges. He will have a whopping 3 works days off between jobs. I know! 3 WHOLE DAYS! So, I casually suggested we finally go away by ourselves. (We have literally done this maybe 3 times since Morgan has been born.)

Anyway, I let the idea of the adults only weekend set in first, then I added a layer, I asked (innocently) "Where should we go?". I let that set awhile with him. Which he never has any real suggestions, I am the planner for all of our trips, Disney or not. He did suggest going to see a Syracuse Football Game, but they are playing in Pittsburgh and I gave that a hard NO.

So, yesterday at work, I text'd him and floated Disney to him. "How about going to Disney for Food & Wine?" I held my breathe. Andy loves Disney too but just not as much and I just wasn't sure. He is always the voice of reason about how much it costs blah blah blah.... that kind of stuff. I waited and waited...

And he replied "Oooooh.... all of us? Or just you and me?" I replied just us. And it was on! I ended up spending most of my (work) day scouting out flights and hotel options. So, close to leaving, it wasn't easy. But I found cheap flights on Spirit for us but at odd-is times. And the biggest problem... What to do with the girls!

My mother just had knee surgery, so she is still recovering. Which is a bummer because she would have just come up and stayed at the house with the girls for the whole time. But that wasn't an option. My youngest sister lives near us but she has a 20 month old boy and her hands full with him. My middle sister lives in NYC and would come down and stay with the girls, but with more notice than this.... Andy's sister is a school teacher an hour away, so that takes her out.

SO, that left Andy's parents. And they are more than willing to watch the girls. As long as it is at there house. Well, there is this thing called school... Andy's parents were up for coming down and picking the girls up from school Friday and taking them back to there place for the weekend. BUT I really wanted 2 full days.... Thankfully!!! Morgan and Gwen have made some great BFF Friends that have Great Parents! I texted them both and asked if the girls could come home with them on Thursday, spend the night and go to school on Friday with them. It was a lot ask but I was desperate. Thankfully both families are so so so nice and both said NO Problem!!!! (Which @ariane37 - Christina is one of those moms, so take good care of her, she said she emailed you this morning about her trip finally!)

Soooooo.... All that information that you may or may not have wanted to read leads me to these details!!!!

Who: Just me and Andy!!!
What: An Adults only trip to Disney World to properly do Food & Wine!
Where: Coranado Springs Resort
When: Thursday, October 4th - Sunday, October 7th
Why: Because I literally can't even tell you the last time Andy & I were away by ourselves.

"The Plan"
Thursday:
We land at 4:45, so we will just have time for dinner and maybe some drinks. We talked about doing a resort restaurant this night or going to Disney Springs. I suggested if we go to Disney Springs, we could do the The Void and maybe just have a light dinner at Jock Lindsey's. But I do like the idea of going to a restaurant that we wouldn't do with the girls.... Just not sure which one.

Friday:
Right now I have fast passes in the morning for Magic Kingdom. So, we will probably explore a little here and then at some point head over to EPCOT in the afternoon for Food & Wine. I think we will try and see Illuminations this night.

Saturday:
Right now i have fast passes in the morning for Hollywood Studios. Andy wants to do Tower of Terror as the girls refuse to ride this. So, I was able to get that and Rock n' Rollercoaster. We are debating as to whether we should avoid Toy Story Land so that we can enjoy it for the first time with the girls or not. We will head over to EPCOT then for more Food & Wine. Magic Kingdom is open late this night, so, maybe we will hop over there for the fireworks.

Sunday:
Fly Home, we leave at 10:50 in the morning. So, it will be just get up pack and go today.

So! I need suggestions of good things for Adults only! Some items I have kind of thought about so far:
  • The Void
  • La Cava de Tequila
  • Baseline in HS
  • Park Hopping
  • Food & Wine (obviously)
  • Tower of Terror (just because our children hate this ride)
  • I want to hopefully really soak in some of the countries in EPCOT. Just wander and take in the details.
Suggestions? Other things to hit or do?!?

Omg how exciting! And less than a month away! You two will have so much fun on an adults only trip! And your plans sound great!

Baseline is really nice and chill, I recommend it for a little break while you are at DHS!

I'm SO excited for you guys & happy you finally get to do this!!!!!! The girls will be fine and get over it, especially when you get home and give them their gifts :laughing:
I think your plan sounds really good :thumbsup2 If you want to take a look at TSL I would; it's adorable, small, and I think even if you do you'll be excited when you go with the girls because you'll see their excitement.
As for an arrival night restaurant...........I like that, too. There's always the chance your flight is late but we've taken that chance before and made an ADR when we didn't arrive until around 5-5:30. I'd suggest some of the signatures at resorts but since that will mean 2 transfers (unless you Uber or Minnie Van it), DS is probably your best bet.

(Which @ariane37 - Christina is one of those moms, so take good care of her, she said she emailed you this morning about her trip finally!)
I slept in today because the boys have off :rolleyes1 and came right on the DIS so I'm going to check my email now :) We've had the boys spend a night with friends while away if my mom had to get up super early for something or had something at night; you can't help but worry a little but it always goes fine. And like I said they'll be fine! Having more fun at a friends house than if you and Andy were home with them lol!

Wow! Awesome! what a great last minute trip that will be for you and Andy! I don't know if you've been but Trader Sams is SO much fun after 8pm when the kids have to leave!

So exciting!

That's one downside to both sets of grandparents being 1200+ miles away. We've managed to get their help with just-the-two-of-us trips away but obviously it requires significant advanced planning. I love the idea of being able to do an impulse trip like this.

I have some VERY exciting news! We are going back to Disney World soon! And it's adults only!! Woo Hoo! We are going Thursday, October 4th to Sunday, October 7th.
I know you've been saying you wanted to do this for awhile!! So glad you finally have the chance!!

In January, doing Disney without Jimmy felt wrong...until we got there. Then, it was such a different kind of trip! I missed him lots, especially when we were doing something I knew he'd love, but he forgave us ;)

As far as adults only things to do, we really enjoyed doing the Highway in the Sky dine around and Keys to the Kingdom Tour. Both are pricey to add on to a short trip, so not sure you'd want to do either this time around. The best thing will probably be not having to get a stroller or carry anyone on your back :) unless Andy gets overserved at Food & Wine? LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter