Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

Hmm, we aren't crazy about 'Ohana or Kona for breakfast so I can't help there but I like what you've done with the rest! 8:45 is late but I get wanting somewhere with a nice view for Illuminations. Can you get something earlier like 7:45? You could hang until 9 but at least eat earlier. If not La Hacienda there's Rose and Crown or even Tokyo Dining. We ate there once, I think our reservation was 7:45 or so. Illuminations is really cool from their balcony :goodvibes

I agree a sit down at Epcot would be nice. All the booths are great but indoor seated dining is a nice rest.
I am also thinking that a meal where we can sit down for a bit would help us make it to Illuminations, possibly as well. Both girls have been staying up later this summer, so, I am hoping that we can for once! It would be nice to see the old version before they switch it. (That is assuming it is still showing in Fab.)

Something to ponder... outfits? Ears? World peace? :confused3:thumbsup2
I started looking at ears! But I can't ponder that while swimming. And Shirts, i started looking at some shirts. I can also start to figure out Tinkerbell Gifts as well.

Hmm, we aren't crazy about 'Ohana or Kona for breakfast so I can't help there but I like what you've done with the rest!
Ohana def is the bottom of the two. If it had Angle, the pink alien, then Gwen would insist we go. And really I will probably cancel Ohana. I could see just me and Gwen going down to Kona for breakfast as well. We will see. I do like that I can still give Morgan some choices once we tell her later.

f not La Hacienda there's Rose and Crown or even Tokyo Dining. We ate there once, I think our reservation was 7:45 or so. Illuminations is really cool from their balcony :goodvibes
Hmm, Tokyo Dining would be good too. We love sushi!

I'm excited for this :D
YEAH!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

Question for everyone... What is everyone's opinion on Extra Magic Hours, particularly Morning EMHs? Do you avoid that park on that day or to you go to that park that day?

My Animal Kingdom Day is EMH for Hollywood Studios and then my Hollywood Studios day is EMH for Animal Kingdom. Should I swap days to take advantage of EMHs? Or am I better keeping my days the way they are.

Question for everyone... What is everyone's opinion on Extra Magic Hours, particularly Morning EMHs? Do you avoid that park on that day or to you go to that park that day?
We typically do the EMH morning and then get the heck out of that park by lunchtime. I don't think it's entirely necessary for AK or DHS unless you love to get on a certain ride a bunch of times or if you have a burning to desire to spend that time in Pandora.

I've personally never done Morning EMHs. The crowd calendars always say to stay away from them. I think if you know you will get up early enough to take advantage of the full hour, then it might be worth it. Otherwise I would say just stick with what you have!

Should I swap days to take advantage of EMHs? Or am I better keeping my days the way they are.

How late/long are you expecting those park days to be? How realistic is it to think that you're going to be able to get there for the very beginning of the EMH?

I'm purposefully avoiding EMH, but that's because I think it's unlikely that we'll be able to fully utilize them. My kids will have a better overall experience if we don't try to force our days to start an hour earlier. Plus, if we did go early, we'd just leave earlier, too, so we wouldn't actually get more park time that way. Your girls, being older, can hack more hours than mine, though.

We only do EMH if it is in the evening. Sometimes just getting up and at 'em before 7:30am is just too difficult! I don't have any kids though so I guess my opinion isn't really valid here!

Good Morning Everyone!

My Animal Kingdom Day is EMH for Hollywood Studios and then my Hollywood Studios day is EMH for Animal Kingdom. Should I swap days to take advantage of EMHs? Or am I better keeping my days the way they are.

If you are willing to get up that early for it, you can really get a lot done! I did AK EMH in March, and I think everything outside of Pandora was a walk-on. I did Everest twice in a row without any wait (and even had a full car to myself at the back); I think Dinosaur would also be a walk-on. Safari doesn't usually open until regular park open, but if you get there when it does, it would be a very short wait. For DHS, I'd expect anything outside of Toy Story Land would also be a walk-on for EMH (and that's been the way it has been for the early morning summer EMHs).

I think it's just up to you guys. I only did AK EMH because I had a lot I wanted to get done that day at AK, so was there from open-close. Otherwise, I typically wouldn't get up that early! But I know you guys also like doing mid-day breaks, so it could work out well - do the morning with lots of low waits, take a break, then back for afternoon/evening?

Following along! I've enjoyed reading through all your Disney park experience -- especially with two young girls. DL is on my bucket list -- how awesome that you were able to visit. We've also got two Star Wars- and princess-loving girls, but they're younger than yours (they will be 5 in just over a month). And, we're also South Jerseyans. Looking forward to reading more posts as you plan your February trip!

I like the IDEA of morning EMH because as others have said, you can get lots done. Just don't like the getting up super early part! And I will not spend the day in a park that has morning EMH. So I agree that if you think you'd get there for the beginning and you'd leave after for another park they can be worth it :)

Hey Everyone!

Sorry that I have been MIA. We just got back from a mini-summer vacation. We went down to Williamsburg, VA. We spent a day at Bush Gardens Williamsburg, Colonial Williamsburg, and Water Country USA. We had a great time but it was no Disney. I was going to share some pictures, but I have to go to bed because I need to get up at 5:15 to swim and back on the diet track! Vacation was not good for the diet!

But back to Disney Planning:

I have been debating the EMH item and MANY thanks to everyone for there feedback! I am still on the fence on which way to go. I did go ahead and book our reservations so that I can decide later. I am wondering if it matters which day should be father away for fast passes. Which is harder to grab at this point, FOP or Slinky Dog?

So, the rumor came out that Hoop Dee Doo Review was closing. Which really surprised me and I mentioned it to Andy. And he said he really wanted to go there again before it closed. And then it was "revealed" that HDDR wasn't actually closing. But now I don't know what I want to do! I personally had become set on California Grill. I could switch my first day from California Grill to HDDR. Or I could book it for Thursday and Pay out of Pocket at that point. Hmmm. I am very wishy-washy on this.

They also announced that Character Meet at Artist Point and I would love to give that a try. But I am sure we will stay at Wilderness Lodge again, and that would be a good one to do when we stay there. I have time to decide that, as they still have to announce what the menu will be. Maybe that will help me decide on that.

I booked the After Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace for our last night. Right now, our last full day is Saturday, and the park closes at 8:00. So, I thought it would be a perfect way to finish out the trip. See the fireworks then go have some desserts while the crowds leave the park. Maybe get a couple good night shots of the family in front of the castle at night. AND maybe see the kiss goodnight. #fingerscrossed

I am also debating booking the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party for our EPCOT day. I saw some pics and it looks cute! And they have table and chairs! Sold! Well, not really... Our EPCOT day is the day before our After Fireworks Dessert Party. So, it seems silly to do 2 in one trip let alone back to back... BUT the biggest driving factor, is to kind of "force" or guarantee that we stay and actually see Illuminations! We will see.

We typically do the EMH morning and then get the heck out of that park by lunchtime. I don't think it's entirely necessary for AK or DHS unless you love to get on a certain ride a bunch of times or if you have a burning to desire to spend that time in Pandora.
I am not sure if we would leave in the middle of the day if the parks are going to close at 8:00. Not sure if we would go back and rest.

I've personally never done Morning EMHs. The crowd calendars always say to stay away from them. I think if you know you will get up early enough to take advantage of the full hour, then it might be worth it. Otherwise I would say just stick with what you have!
We have had better luck with Morning EMH than the evening ones. But it is early to get there.

How late/long are you expecting those park days to be? How realistic is it to think that you're going to be able to get there for the very beginning of the EMH?
I am not sure. With 8:00 park close, I am not sure if we would go back and rest or not. AK we probably wouldn't since we have BOMA dinner reservations.

We only do EMH if it is in the evening. Sometimes just getting up and at 'em before 7:30am is just too difficult! I don't have any kids though so I guess my opinion isn't really valid here!
Your opinion does count! Thanks for sharing!

If you are willing to get up that early for it, you can really get a lot done! I did AK EMH in March, and I think everything outside of Pandora was a walk-on. I did Everest twice in a row without any wait (and even had a full car to myself at the back);
You did get a lot done those mornings! I think I want it more for Toy Storyland than Animal Kingdom.

Following along! I've enjoyed reading through all your Disney park experience -- especially with two young girls. DL is on my bucket list -- how awesome that you were able to visit. We've also got two Star Wars- and princess-loving girls, but they're younger than yours (they will be 5 in just over a month). And, we're also South Jerseyans. Looking forward to reading more posts as you plan your February trip!
Welcome! And thanks for following along. Our first trip, Morgan had just turned 5, it's a great age to go to Disney! I am going to jump over to your PTR next! Where in South Jersey are you? We are in Voorhees.

I was finally at peace with skipping Kona Cafe breakfast on our trip and then you post this.
Sorry... But seriously that mimosa flight is calling my name.

LOVE LOVE LOVE morning EMH, but we don't usually do them by about halfway through the trip because we know we'll be too tired to get up early by then. And we only do them if we have hoppers and can go somewhere else by lunchtime.
It would be the 2nd and 3rd day of the trip. So, we wouldn't be too too tired yet.

I am anxious to hear more about the character meal at Artist Point and what the price/menu will be like!

Booking the After Fireworks Dessert Party for your last night sounds perfect!

I booked the After Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace for our last night. Right now, our last full day is Saturday, and the park closes at 8:00. So, I thought it would be a perfect way to finish out the trip. See the fireworks then go have some desserts while the crowds leave the park. Maybe get a couple good night shots of the family in front of the castle at night. AND maybe see the kiss goodnight. #fingerscrossed
YES! I love the sounds of this plan. I have always wanted to be there for the Kiss Goodnight, and also empty Main Street and castle pics!

I am not sure if we would leave in the middle of the day if the parks are going to close at 8:00. Not sure if we would go back and rest.
Knowing the parks close so early, I probably wouldn't bother to go rest either. I'd take advantage of EMH and then head to a different park for sure.

Hi Everyone!

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone is doing well. The girls had there first two days of school last Thursday and Friday. And were off yesterday and today for the Jewish holiday. So, once I am done with this I have to head to my parents to collect the girls! But first some of the things I have been pondering...

Disney After Hours
So, they announced some more dates. And one of them is actually when we will be there! Thursday, February 28th. I would love to do this event. And because of the time of year, the event is from 8:00 - 11:00. Which I totally think the girls could handle late night wise. But it doesn't really fall well in our schedule.
Thursday we will be switching from the Poly to French Quarters. So, we wouldn't really be able to chill at the hotel and rest. And we would probably need a slow day the day after, and as of now I have our one and only EPCOT day planned. I would have to completely change our plans and hotel reservations. Plus the fact that it is $125 per person, adult or child... makes me think that I need to pass on the event.

Dinning Reservations
I think I know which dinning reservations I want to ditch. But I can't seem to make myself pull the trigger. I was going to cancel the Ohana breakfast and then I was thinking again that it might be nice to let Morgan choose once I tell her about the trip. I did cancel the La Hacenda reservation. 8:45 was too late for us to eat. And as it is I am not fond of having 2 sit down meals in one day.

EMH
I still am not sure if I want to work with the EMH or against EMH for our Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom days. Part of me is leaning towards it, since the parks close at 8:00, it feels like I am getting a little more time in those parks. Especially since we are doing each only one day. But I don't know. this is when I wish Andy would think a little about the trip ahead of time and not 3 weeks before.

Loaded Fries!
Disney is killing me with all these loaded Fries! Have you seen the "hidden" menu ones at Cosmic Rays? And the now monthly ones at Caseys! Oye! I will need to try them all. I might need to change the title of this PTR to "How many kinds of Fries can one person eat?"

I think that is it for now. I have made no decisions on anything, basically. Just some things I have been pondering.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 9.14.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 9.14.03 AM.png
    657.2 KB · Views: 10
The Disney After Hours event does sound so fun! But the price is pretty steep and it would stink to have to rearrange your whole schedule.

Last year was the tots, this year the fries! :rotfl:

Disney After Hours does sound like a great event, but if you have an early morning on your only Epcot day the following day, I think I agree on passing.

I hadn't heard about the loaded fry options you mentioned, but now I am starving. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!