Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

I was soooo confused this morning when I went into MDE to book FPs and saw all these ones for October! I thought it was just being super glitchy then realized it was for you guys! So much fun!

Have you guys checked about going ahead and doing APs so it will include this trip and the one next year? Then it will give you the other discounts, even if the girls just do tickets! (And you can get a package with dining without tickets-you should be able to call Disney and remove the tickets entirely (then buy discounted tickets on Undercover Tourist for the girls) or maybe just for the adults?)

What a wonderful treat!!! Kid-free WDW trips are such a great time — especially when a trip with kids is also scheduled to happen. DH and I had a kid-free trip last Nov and it was amazing how much we got done so quickly (but, holy moly, so much more ground covered than when with our girls). We spent some time resort hopping monorail resorts and that was great — in particular, we loooooved Geyser Point and a combo of Trader Sams & the Tiki Terrace (while waiting for our turn at Trader Sams).

Can’t wait to hear about your trip! Way to go bumping up a countdown!

HI Everyone!

I have been so excitied about this Adults only trip!!!!

I was looking for what I wanted to do on our arrival night. And I def want to go to Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar. They have changed up the food a bit and it looks good. And I think the items they have on the menu fit well into the things Andy and I like to eat. Plus we don't need a reservation which will make the evening less stressful. We can play it by ear if need be.

Untitled
Pretty sure we will want all of those!

Baseline is really nice and chill, I recommend it for a little break while you are at DHS!
I def think I want to give this a try while we are in HS. I def don't think we would go in with the girls. Not unless they add a little more food items. That and I have to assume it will become swamped once Star Wars Land opens, since it is so close to it.

I'm SO excited for you guys & happy you finally get to do this!!!!!! The girls will be fine and get over it, especially when you get home and give them their gifts :laughing:
Thanks! I know they will. I am mostly worried about Gwen. She hasn't had a real sleep over yet. Other than my parents or Andy's parents. Not the best to try the first time when we literally can't come and get her but... Oh well.

I slept in today because the boys have off :rolleyes1 and came right on the DIS so I'm going to check my email now
Ha. We were off Wednesday as well. I say Christina Wednesday afternoon at the girls gymnastics practice. She said you were very prompt! ;)

I don't know if you've been but Trader Sams is SO much fun after 8pm when the kids have to leave!
We tried to go on our last trip with the girls and there were no seats at 4:20... Blah. Is it a huge difference after 8? In Feb, on our resort day at the Poly. I was planning on getting us all over there right at 4:00 to get us all in. But I def will keep this as an item to do!

We've managed to get their help with just-the-two-of-us trips away but obviously it requires significant advanced planning. I love the idea of being able to do an impulse trip like this.
WE aren't usually impulse people. Which kind of makes it fun as well.

I know you've been saying you wanted to do this for awhile!! So glad you finally have the chance!!
Thanks!!! I know. And much like our Disneyland trip, I really didn't think it would happen anytime soon. I am hoping that this trip will go well, and it won't be the last!

The best thing will probably be not having to get a stroller or carry anyone on your back :) unless Andy gets overserved at Food & Wine? LOL
It would more likely be Andy carrying me. :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

This is my main reason for wanting to try an adult only trip.
Right? We will see how much we can squeeze in.

I was soooo confused this morning when I went into MDE to book FPs and saw all these ones for October! I thought it was just being super glitchy then realized it was for you guys! So much fun!
Ha! I thought that when I was booking everything the night before. I wondered if you would notice!

Have you guys checked about going ahead and doing APs so it will include this trip and the one next year? Then it will give you the other discounts, even if the girls just do tickets!
So, I did the math and the straight tickets almost work out, almost. Andy always cringes at the cost of doing it all at once. I was thinking that it might be worth it if even if we just did mine as an annual pass. And being able to get Tables in Wonderland and hotel discounts. OR convincing Andy that we could take another trip sometime before the passes would run out. (all are prob a long shot)

We spent some time resort hopping monorail resorts and that was great — in particular, we loooooved Geyser Point and a combo of Trader Sams & the Tiki Terrace (while waiting for our turn at Trader Sams).
Andy actually suggested Geyser Point as well. We love Wilderness Lodge. And it would def be nice to sit out there in the evening. As we wouldn't with the girls.

Can’t wait to hear about your trip! Way to go bumping up a countdown!
Thanks! I am sure I will want to do a little report on it when I get back.

In Other News...

I just read the 19 new things for 2019... And Flower and Garden starts AFTER we leave. Cue tears... :sad::sad: We will actually in in Disney literally in between the 2 festivals. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

The news is at least slightly less disapointing because we are going to Food & Wine!!!!

It is what it is... I guess.

But it does make me think about my schedule. I had EPCOT at the end of the trip thinking that would be when Flower and Garden would be starting. But now that we will be missing it completely. Would we benefit from moving it up earlier in the trip? I am not sure what the answer is to that question yet.

In Other News...

I just read the 19 new things for 2019... And Flower and Garden starts AFTER we leave. Cue tears... :sad::sad: We will actually in in Disney literally in between the 2 festivals. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

The news is at least slightly less disapointing because we are going to Food & Wine!!!!

It is what it is... I guess.

But it does make me think about my schedule. I had EPCOT at the end of the trip thinking that would be when Flower and Garden would be starting. But now that we will be missing it completely. Would we benefit from moving it up earlier in the trip? I am not sure what the answer is to that question yet.
At least it means maybe less crowds in Epcot? For flower and garden some decorations do start to go up slightly earlier-I mean they can’t put up all the topiaries overnight. So leaving it til the end could mean you have more of a chance to see them.

And hey, maybe come for a particular weekend in May???

How fun! We did Jellyrolls this trip and it was really fun. We gambled on APs working out top. Really we would have been ahead with one AP for MM, and food/merchandise discounts. I'd just try to get a rough estimate of AP savings on food before your adult only trip, based on where you go then and where you're thinking of for the family trip. I cant recall if you do MM normally... that's $170ish

Mr Kamals was open yesterday I noticed.

Hi there! Catching back up after a little time away and you have me so excited for our coinciding trips! Of course the only thing I have booked is CG brunch, but that made me think that we are probably going the same day!!!! I'm sure we'll intersect a few others times too. Casey will love meeting the girls.

Awesome news on the adults only trip! We usually do one a year with just the two of us, but have never done Disney without her. Though Casey has been really weird lately about us leaving her - even for an evening - so they have been on the back burner. I can't wait to see what the girls have to say about you two being away :-)

Hello Everyone!

Only 1 week and 1 day till we head to Disney for our adults only trip. I am working on Andy to get annual passes when we get there. I did some Disney math and we would still need one more trip to make it worth while. My plan?

2 more trips of course! Ha. We always struggle with our summer trip. So, I suggested doing a summer trip to Disney! Yes it will be hot, but I figure with annual passes we can go to the parks in the morning and then head back once we are too hot and just swim. I was thinking that would be a prefect time to stay at Beach Club.

And then I was thinking we could go next September when the girls have 2 days off for the Jewish Holiday. Do a short trip as a last hurray. I mentioned to Andy that then maybe we skip 2020 and wait out the crowds a bit for Star Wars. He didn't completely say no. So, I have hope.

As a side note, for those of you on the Epic Trip, I think I have to officially say we can't come. The school put out the girls testing schedule and Gwen has her testing both Friday and Monday of that weekend. So, pile that on with the fact that it is Morgan's Birthday that weekend. I think I am sadly officially out. :( I will just have to attend the 2nd annual one, as I am sure you guys will all have a fantastic time!

In other news, I realized that @ArielSRL will be in Disney the same time as us! So, hopefully we will be able to meet up and say hello!

We also already got our magic bands! When I booked our little trip, I picked out our magic band colors that night. Well, they shipped them out the next day!
Untitled

I also booked a dinner reservation at Morimoto Asia for Thursday Night. I am still not sure which I want to do but I figured it would be good to grab a reservation while I could. Part of me wants a nice "fancy-ish" dinner without the girls. And the other part of me just wants good old "bar" food.

So, we broke the news to the girls. They were mad but not REALLY mad. It totally helped that they are sleeping over there best friends house on a school night. It def seems to be making it just a little less horrible. They have requested things from Disney, but of course picked really big things... But I am sure we will get them some goodies.

I have honestly barely thought about the February trip, other than if we get annual passes how that might effect our plans. But nothing solid to share her yet!

How fun! We did Jellyrolls this trip and it was really fun. We gambled on APs working out top. Really we would have been ahead with one AP for MM, and food/merchandise discounts. I'd just try to get a rough estimate of AP savings on food before your adult only trip, based on where you go then and where you're thinking of for the family trip. I cant recall if you do MM normally... that's $170ish

Mr Kamals was open yesterday I noticed.
We don't usually get Magic Maker but it would def be a nice perk. We also aren't looking to park hop in Feb. But if we have it we might... So, it's a weird Disney Math thing...

YEAH for Mr. Kamals!!! Wonder why it isn't on the disney map. So, strange.

Hi there! Catching back up after a little time away and you have me so excited for our coinciding trips! Of course the only thing I have booked is CG brunch, but that made me think that we are probably going the same day!!!! I'm sure we'll intersect a few others times too. Casey will love meeting the girls.

Awesome news on the adults only trip! We usually do one a year with just the two of us, but have never done Disney without her. Though Casey has been really weird lately about us leaving her - even for an evening - so they have been on the back burner. I can't wait to see what the girls have to say about you two being away :-)
I am so excitied to meet up as well. It makes me feel better that I am missing out on the Epic trip. I was mostly worried about Gwen and how she will do. She has slept at both our parents house but not a friends. But she seems super excitied about it. Fingerscrossed!

Well, I meantioned it to Andy last night and I got more the response that I usually get from him.... Blah... He wasn't so keen on going to Disney in the summer. Boo.

I am not completely giving up hope.

I checked out the new "deal" that Disney released today. I still have the best room rates, as they are basically giving 10% on higher level rooms. So not even worth changing anything. Which I guess is good and bad.

This week is going so slow!!! I know it's because we go away next week. And I can only imagine how slow next will go! Is it really only Wednesday?!?!

Well, I meantioned it to Andy last night and I got more the response that I usually get from him.... Blah... He wasn't so keen on going to Disney in the summer. Boo.

I am not completely giving up hope.

Do a little more Disney math....maybe APs would still be worth it if it was a Mommy-Daughter trip in the summer and a family trip in the fall??

Do a little more Disney math....maybe APs would still be worth it if it was a Mommy-Daughter trip in the summer and a family trip in the fall??
I know! I was trying to think of another time to say we would go. I was even thinking that if we wanted to do Food & Wine next year by ourselves again.

I would love to take Morgan to Disney just the 2 of us ON her birthday but Gwen might self combust if I do that.

I was also thinking we could wait to get the annual passes and activate them for the Feb trip, and then we could make the annual trip Feb. 2019 and Feb. 2020. And then squeeze an extra trip in somewhere in between. Or even work him on the summer idea.

We will see.

I was also thinking we could wait to get the annual passes and activate them for the Feb trip, and then we could make the annual trip Feb. 2019 and Feb. 2020. And then squeeze an extra trip in somewhere in between. Or even work him on the summer idea.

This is what we do when we get AP's. We go in February and August (or Sep) and can get 3 trips out of 1 annual pass.

So glad the girls didn't flip out! That will make it so much easier when you leave in LESS THAN A WEEK :banana:
And yes you will definitely get them goodies lol because as much as I love our kid free trips and as much as I know you'll love it too, you can't help picking up almost everything you see that you know they'll like :laughing:

Oh and I think Andy should try a summer trip! I despise the heat, I'm never outside during the summer at home but I deal with it at Disney because it's Disney. Like you said, you figure out what works for you as far as summer touring. He won't know if he hates it or not till he tries lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!