Split stay or no?

Haley R

DIS Veteran
Our trip isn’t until May 2024 but we started looking at which hotel we wanna do for TDR. We went in 2019 and did 5-6 nights at the Hilton. This time we’ll have a 4 year old so we thought staying at the miracosta and/or the Disneyland hotel might be better for location and the happy 15. We debated a split stay with 2 nights at the miracosta and 3 nights at the Disneyland hotel but I’m wondering if switching hotels will be a pain since we’ll be without a room until 3 pm and we may need somewhere for an afternoon nap/break. If it was just Dh and I it wouldn’t be as big of a deal. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

For me there is no better feeling than when we have finished unpacking and are all settled in to our room, and can relax and enjoy ourselves until the day we leave. And that goes double when you are traveling with kids.

For me there is no better feeling than when we have finished unpacking and are all settled in to our room, and can relax and enjoy ourselves until the day we leave. And that goes double when you are traveling with kids.
That’s what I’m thinking too. I think it’ll be a pain trying to switch hotels. We wouldn’t be able to afford the miracosta for 5 nights but we could do the Disneyland hotel. It’s either that or the Hilton. We just thought staying right there with the happy 15 would be better but it’ll cost more for sure

If you have Disneysea as your Miracosta days and Disneyland as your Disneyland hotel days, splitting the stay may not be a bad idea. But if your park days are not aligned like that, it's probably not worth the trouble. Note that the Disneyland hotel only gets you Happy 15 at Disneyland while Miracosta gets you Happy 15 at both parks. But your trip is so far away that things could change by then.

1000% agree. You don't know how you or your 4 year old will react to jetlag. You may usually be a champ with jetlag, but every trip is unique, and I wouldn't tempt fate like that.

If you have Disneysea as your Miracosta days and Disneyland as your Disneyland hotel days, splitting the stay may not be a bad idea. But if your park days are not aligned like that, it's probably not worth the trouble. Note that the Disneyland hotel only gets you Happy 15 at Disneyland while Miracosta gets you Happy 15 at both parks. But your trip is so far away that things could change by then.
I’m mainly concerned with fantasy springs opening. We’re hoping to go in May so if fantasy springs opens before then I think we’ll want the happy 15 and might need to do a couple nights at the miracosta.

1000% agree. You don't know how you or your 4 year old will react to jetlag. You may usually be a champ with jetlag, but every trip is unique, and I wouldn't tempt fate like that.
The good thing is we won’t be going to Tokyo Disney first. We’ll be staying in Tokyo for about a week before moving over to TDR. So hopefully by then the jet lag is gone and we’re used to the time difference.

I completely forgot about the Disney Ambassador hotel. It’s cheaper than the other two and it gives you happy 15 to either park. We might look at that more

I didn’t realize how close the Ambassador hotel actually is to the parks. It’s basically right behind Big Thunder Mountain. It’s also the original hotel at Tokyo Disneyland.

We have Tokyo Disneyland Hotel booked for our trip in March. Personally, I’d pick a hotel and stick with one. If you want MiraCoasta, you have to book early. They book up really quick.

I didn’t realize how close the Ambassador hotel actually is to the parks. It’s basically right behind Big Thunder Mountain. It’s also the original hotel at Tokyo Disneyland.

We have Tokyo Disneyland Hotel booked for our trip in March. Personally, I’d pick a hotel and stick with one. If you want MiraCoasta, you have to book early. They book up really quick.
I think our plan is to stay at the Hilton unless the fantasy springs expansion opens. If it opens before we get there then I feel like we’ll need the happy 15 at DisneySea so we may do two nights at miracosta to get that and do the rest at the Hilton. I don’t love doing a split stay but I think fantasy springs is gonna make everything really busy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter