• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split Stay - Mandalay Bay & ?

NewCrew42

One Day I'll be a Galactic Hero!
My DH has a conference at Mandalay Bay in July for 3 days. I am going to go with him and actually help work the booth for his company.

I have never been to Vegas. I am very excited about this trip.

DH has and stayed at the Mirage which he said is wonderful.

We are contemplating staying a few extra days after the conference to have a mini vacation. I am not sure what our rate will be at Mandalay Bay. If it is an awesome rate, we may just stay there. But my DH really wants to move and be "Center Strip". What other hotel would you guys recommend? Do you recommend moving?

Also, we saw Mama Mia, which is at Mandalay Bay, on Broadway. It was awesome and I have great memories of that. I just really don't want to see it again (even though it is wonderful I am sure). I would like to do something different. I am open to suggestions and I have read the sticky "Top 5 Things to do in Vegas."

Thanks!

I would vote the Bellagio, lake view room. We are staying there for our 10th anniversary in August. It is a beautiful hotel, mid strip with excellent amenaties. The Paris, which I believe is slightly cheaper is opposite so again is a mid strip location. We have in the past stayed at the Venetian (upgraded to a high roller suite!!!!) which was amazing but is slightly more up strip than central.

Depends on how much you want to pay really. We are staying at the Venetian in July for 4 nights, only $105/night.

More Ritzy - Ceasars, Bellagio, Venetian, Palazzo, Paris
decent hotels - Flamingo, Planet Hollywood, Imperial Palace (maybe)

You could try Mirage or Treasure Island too.

Enjoy, I love Vegas!

How do the Mandalay Bay and Mirage compare to some of the other hotels mentioned. Ritzy or decent?

I have stayed at Treasure Island which is conveniently located and a nice hotel. I would love to stay at the Venetian.

Bellagio - we're staying there in September, was absolutely amazing on our last stay! The fountains are great!

How do the Mandalay Bay and Mirage compare to some of the other hotels mentioned. Ritzy or decent?
Mirage is in the middle of a room remodel right now. They have also remodeled restaurants over the last 2 years and have a great Cirque show, LOVE based on the music of the Beatles. It's not a ritzy or pricey as Bellagio but absolutely a wonderful place to stay. Bellagio is the largest five-star hotel anywhere; and Mirage is a four star hotel. Mandalay Bay is also a four star hotel. Have fun!

Thanks! We are currently booked for Mandalay Bay and Venetian.

We have also booked the Beatles LOVE Cirque show.

Can't wait!

I am hoping to do a trip report when we get back!

Thanks! We are currently booked for Mandalay Bay and Venetian.

We have also booked the Beatles LOVE Cirque show.

Can't wait!

I am hoping to do a trip report when we get back!
The Venetian is a really big property; be ready for lots of walking. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter