Split stay luggage ?s - bring your own luggage to the 2nd resort or have them transport it?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
If you do Split stay and stay on property with no car, do you take your own luggage to your 2nd resort or do you take it yourself? If so, how do you do that? Uber? Minnie Van, etc?

Also can your first resort hold the luggage for a couple of hours if you wish to do something local after checkout? Or do you need to bring it to the second resort to have them hold it until check in?

Ever luck out and get a very early check in at second resort?

We always have bell services pick our luggage up at our room and transport it to the new resort. It is very easy and painless. The luggage won’t be to the next resort until late afternoon. We always tip when the luggage is picked up at the first resort AND when it is dropped off at the new resort. You must be in the room when the luggage is picked up and when it is dropped off.

If you do Split stay and stay on property with no car, do you take your own luggage to your 2nd resort or do you take it yourself? If so, how do you do that? Uber? Minnie Van, etc?

When we don't have our car, our preferred method is to have Bell Services move our luggage for us. This way we can spend all day at the parks, then head to resort #2 in the early evening, have our luggage brought up to us and then we freshen up for dinner. We don't lose any fun time that way.

Also can your first resort hold the luggage for a couple of hours if you wish to do something local after checkout? Or do you need to bring it to the second resort to have them hold it until check in?

Resort #1 will definitely hold your luggage for you after checkout.

Yes. A couple times when we had our car we were able to get into our room around 8AM. You can check in as early as 6AM, but odds are your room won't be ready.

Uber XL.

I used to have Disney luggage move it for us, but the past few times we’ve just moved it ourselves. Twice our room has been ready well ahead of the 3 PM check-in time. In July we got the text that our room was ready before we had left our first resort. At our Thanksgiving trip, we didn’t get a text, but I was very happy I decided to go ahead and just check in as there was a room ready for us. We were able to leave our bags in the room before heading out for the day. This was a little bit after 9 AM. At spring break, however, our room was not ready until almost 3. We just left our luggage with bell services as we had other plans for the day. We got a text that our room was ready just as we were ready to take a break so the timing worked out well.

We do splits a lot and prefer to take our own luggage instead of having the resort transfer it; I don't want to wait that long for my luggage. Most splits we do luck out and have a room early. We usually do a taxi right in front of the resort. We always make sure we check out of the first resort and if on the DDP request a printout of any unused dining credits, just in case.:goodvibes

I have Disney transfer it, then I don't have to waste park time by going to the other resort. They did forget to move our luggage last year, but it was only maybe an hour delay to get our bags that night and we got a few anytime fastpasses, so it really didn't bother us.

We use Disney's luggage transfer as well, used it several times and had great service. imho since the room isn't likely to be ready until after 3/4pm anyway I don't see a reason to pay for a ride only to have the bags stored at the new resort. Much easier to have bell services transfer the bags, head to a park for the day and return to the new resort later to check in.

Yes OP either resort will hold your bags after checkout and or before check in.

I have done both, if we are moving to a resort where we can walk to a park then I usually plan that park for our move day and just use Uber early in the morning to go to the second resort, drop off bags and head to park, otherwise we let Disney handle it.

We always take the red eye from CA so we arrive very early, the majority of the time we have a room by noon, a couple times we have had a room right away, but usually we don't get a room until at least 10am.

Let them move it.
Plan a late start and full day at the parks so you don't need your stuff. Then you could care less how long it takes.
We plan to sleep in on moving day, checking out of resort 1 about 10:00ish. Dropping bags for transfer, heading out to park for full day. Leave park about 4:00, 5:00, head to new resort. We head to room, call for bags. There's not been a single time they haven't made it by that late.

Yes, many times we've had a room at resort #2 before even leaving Resort #1. We still let Disney move our bags because we don't need them and who wants to waste time treking over to the resort, dropping off bags when we could be off playing in the park

If you do Split stay and stay on property with no car, do you take your own luggage to your 2nd resort or do you take it yourself?

My SIL had them move it last week and had no issues. This was far more convenient for them with having two kids in tow - so four suitcases, and no car seats to use in an Uber. And Minnie Van is too cost prohibitive just for moving luggage, IMO. The best schedule would be to plan on being out all day, so then the luggage should hopefully be available to you at the new resort by the time you get there.

Also can your first resort hold the luggage for a couple of hours if you wish to do something local after checkout?

They definitely will, but you'd then have to go back to the first resort to retrieve it. You can also go to the second resort and have them store it there, even if your room isn't ready yet.

You can check-in any time after 6am. I assume you mean having a room ready early, which is total luck of the draw and depends on occupancy the night before. If you complete online check-in with an early arrival time, they will make an effort. The earliest we have had a room ready is 8:30am, but it really varies.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter