Split stay help?

TinkerbellTris

DIS Veteran
out of all the trip to WDW we’ve never done a split stay. Now I’m stuck and confused and need your help, suggestions and opinions please.
Here’s my plan....going into this I’m well aware I won’t qualify for free dining and probably not a room discount either. I booked my trip based on universal studios Halloween horror nights and mickeys not so scary Halloween party. Here’s the plan:
Me
Hubs
And son age 19
October 19-28
Doing 19-22 and universal
22-28 booked already port Orleans French quarter garden view with 6 days park hoppers and Disney dining plan.
Got flights there thru southwest on a ridiculous deal. Coming home..,.lol I didn’t buy flights because they are literally 3 times the price! So to fly there I paid $170 per person to fly home it’s up to $370-$450. Not gonna do it.
So now I’m looking into flying home on Monday October 29....flights on other airlines are as low as $147 per person! So I looked at adding a day to our plans as is and our hotel is not available to add a day. So I tried changing hotel which we don’t really want to do to add a day and it literally added on $700 for an extra night plus park hopper plus dining!!! That’s ridiculous. So now I’m wondering about a split stay. I really refuse to spend more than $4800 for the hotel, park hoppers and dining. I’m so lost as to what to do....ideas? Suggestions?

I have a few ways to fix this :)
call Disney, explain your situation and I am positive they'll just add a separate day without tickets, dining, etc. also let them know you'll be using DME through another resort. I'm sure they have room at your resort or even the values.

and if you don't want to switch, book a different resort, and try everyday to see if they have room at your resort.

Lastly try adding another extra day. I know that sounds weird but here me out, we wanted to stay at POR for 2 nights during the weekend with a discount but none were available, so I decided to see if there were any available rooms for 3 nights and POOF there were! We booked it for three nights and then called the next day and cancelled our third night on our reservation.
We also still got the discount! if there were to have rooms for those 2 nights we wouldn't have gotten the discount!

I booked the hotel first in December, then the flights and tried for months to add on a room only for one night, couldn't do it. Finally with time running out, I booked at POP for one night and they transferred our luggage over to CSR the next morning. We considered staying at the Hyatt at the airport since we got in at 8:00pm and still using ME but it was double the pay of POP.

Hi there, thanks for the replies, we are rethinking our room choice at POFQ altogether. I called and they can add us a night at an additional cost of $804. Lol $804..... that’s one extra night, a Sunday night at that, one extra day of park hoppers and an extra day of food for us 3. We are looking into POP, and a few others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter