Split Stay Grand Floridian and Beach Club

NickBCV

Mouseketeer
Just got back from Disney having booked the Grand Floridian and Beach Club for 3 nights each. This was our first split stay and I would say I would not recommend it. Grand Floridian was amazing and as we expected there was a significant drop-off with the Beach Club. Problems began with check in which was delayed and we had to go back to front desk three times to find out where we stood. Each time they said they would check with housekeeping to see if they could speed up our room availability and each time nothing. When we finally got in the room, it was filthy. The room had not been swept and there were milk stains all over the wood floor and on the arm of the couch. The floor in the bathroom was stained as well. The topper was the door to the washer/dryer was off the hinges and they just let us go in the room like that was normal. When housekeeping manager came up he was very friendly and offered us a $100 credit but said the floors in the bathroom are a known issue and they cannot get the stains out as it is caused by sun lotion and the lotion seeps into the tile and cannot be removed. He promised room would be cleaned and we left. When we came back we found a towel shaped like a swan on our bed and three chocolates left there. The door to the washer dryer was fixed but all the stains including milks stains remained. Very disappointing. Also the entire time there, Storm Along Bay had no chairs available....well actually the chairs were empty but all had towels on them from people claiming their seats then never being there. They should have a rule that chairs left unoccupied for more than two hours should have towels removed for other guests. At least the quiet pool had easy access and availability. Most time spent there.

On the positive side Grand Floridian as you might expect went out of their way to ensure we had a great trip. We had to wait 20 minutes once at the bus stop for Animal Kingdom and they were so apologetic they gave us vouchers for additional fast passes. The rooms were amazing we were sad to have to leave half way through our trip. Future bookings will try and stay a full stay at GF if we have the points to make it happen. Sad because we love the Epcot area and stayed at Yacht Club the year before and fell in love which made us buy our DVC membership at Beach Club. I wish there was more they would have done to compensate us for the bad experience.

Interesting that since the report a couple of months ago - I believe from Iger - that Disney was going to be investing big time in housekeeping to bring them up to par with other places that this is the type of response being given. Guess they're still waiting to learn what to do. :rolleyes1

These issues can and have happened at any resort, I fear that you are expecting too much from Disney. You can sell BCV and buy more VGF points. We own both resorts and while we have had more issues at BCV, VGF isn't error free. My guess is that VGF spends more and provides a better service due to it being connected to Disney's flag ship resort GF.

:earsboy: Bill

These issues can and have happened at any resort, I fear that you are expecting too much from Disney. You can sell BCV and buy more VGF points. We own both resorts and while we have had more issues at BCV, VGF isn't error free. My guess is that VGF spends more and provides a better service due to it being connected to Disney's flag ship resort GF.

Not saying it cannot happen elsewhere but I think you will agree having a French Door that hides the washer and dryer hanging off the hinge such that that is one of the first things you see when you go into the room is not a good look for Disney. Also while you say your stays at VGF are not error free, I was simply speaking to my experience while I was there, which was flawless. My experience at BCV was NOT. I expected more and my family deserved better.

Also thank you for your suggestion to purchase more points at VGF.....not necessary as my points are adequate. I had to do a split stay because I booked five months before we arrived.

Interesting that since the report a couple of months ago - I believe from Iger - that Disney was going to be investing big time in housekeeping to bring them up to par with other places that this is the type of response being given. Guess they're still waiting to learn what to do. :rolleyes1

Great point.....Management took ownership of the issues and agreed it was a problem and tried to fix it....unfortunately we did not get a great resolution.

Not saying it cannot happen elsewhere but I think you will agree having a French Door that hides the washer and dryer hanging off the hinge such that that is one of the first things you see when you go into the room is not a good look for Disney. Also while you say your stays at VGF are not error free, I was simply speaking to my experience while I was there, which was flawless. My experience at BCV was NOT. I expected more and my family deserved better.

Also thank you for your suggestion to purchase more points at VGF.....not necessary as my points are adequate. I had to do a split stay because I booked five months before we arrived.

On different stays we have had:
BLT a hole in the ceiling, broken patio door, broken dining table lamp, stained carpet, chipped kitchen cabinets.

OKW missing kitchen drawer, major mold, broken dishwasher.

BWV 3 bad refrigerators, broken washer door, broken toilet, broken bath tile.

SSR a 7:30 PM room ready and the room had not been cleaned, stained carpet, sleeper sofa that would not open.

BCV broken kitchen cabinet door, broken dish washer, washing machine that would not drain.

VB major mold problem.

AKV reversed hot and cold on washing machine, flooded entry due to water leak.

In addition light bulbs not replaced, TV remotes and telephones that don't work, front doors that wouldn't unlock, slow drains, and a couple of times no hot water for a day.

This is years of DVC stays, but it does seem that things are improving.

On different stays we have had:
BLT a hole in the ceiling, broken patio door, broken dining table lamp, stained carpet, chipped kitchen cabinets.

OKW missing kitchen drawer, major mold, broken dishwasher.

BWV 3 bad refrigerators, broken washer door, broken toilet, broken bath tile.

SSR a 7:30 PM room ready and the room had not been cleaned, stained carpet, sleeper sofa that would not open.

BCV broken kitchen cabinet door, broken dish washer, washing machine that would not drain.

VB major mold problem.

AKV reversed hot and cold on washing machine, flooded entry due to water leak.

In addition light bulbs not replaced, TV remotes and telephones that don't work, front doors that wouldn't unlock, slow drains, and a couple of times no hot water for a day.

This is years of DVC stays, but it does seem that things are improving.

Wow...now that is a list! Unfortunate. Your list did remind me however that on two of the days we had no hot water at BCV as well....more of what I would describe as a lukewarm leaning toward cold shower. That will ruin your day in a hurry. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter