Split stay FP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppermint Ice

Mouseketeer
Super excited for our first long stay at Disney World. We are staying at POP for the first part of our trip and AKL for the second(a continuous stay with 2 hotels). The park tickets are part of a package deal at POP, 9 day hoppers(the length of our entire trip). Can I make FP+ for all nine days at 60 days from our POP check-in date, or will I have 2 separate FP+ Booking windows for each of the two stays?

They do have a section on split stays involving a package ticket followed by room only stay! They cover pretty much every combination of stays you can think of!
They do cover so many types of stays! For me the confusion lies in whether my AKL portion is an RO, because we have DDP attached to that reservation only. When I look at MDE app, the first part of our trip is labeled as a package, while the second part is not called RO or package. It is something like “returning guest with DDP.” Is that RO or a package since my park tickets are associated with the first room? Therein lies the confusion.

We do split stays often with DVC. Deciding to do DDP on one part of the stay should not affect the ability to make FP for the entire reservation. Enjoy!

We do split stays often with DVC. Deciding to do DDP on one part of the stay should not affect the ability to make FP for the entire reservation. Enjoy!
Today was FP Day. I always do split stays. Aside from MDE being a total nightmare this a.m., the 2nd half of my split stay was NOT OPEN TO MAKE FPs. Never happened before. I am not a happy camper and now have to call DVC when they open (by that time, what I want will be gone).

This is absolutely crazy. First ADR split stays needed DVC to bridge, now it looks like same thing with FP. Those of us who desire split stays will never get our selection by delaying to call and bridge.

Today was FP Day. I always do split stays. Aside from MDE being a total nightmare this a.m., the 2nd half of my split stay was NOT OPEN TO MAKE FPs. Never happened before. I am not a happy camper and now have to call DVC when they open (by that time, what I want will be gone).

This is absolutely crazy. First ADR split stays needed DVC to bridge, now it looks like same thing with FP. Those of us who desire split stays will never get our selection by delaying to call and bridge.

You didn’t do anything wrong. The rules have changed since this thread was made. Now, each of your stays is treated independently. Your second window will open at 60 days from check in date of your second stay.

It won’t help to call. They changed the policy several weeks ago. Your window opened as it should under the new rules regarding split stays.

This thread now has outdated info - changes were made at the end of February.

The Split Stay section of the FP FAQ Sticky has up to date info. Each Stay of a Split Stay is its own Stay and has its own 60-day booking window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter