Split Stay - DME question ...

mikayla73

DIS Veteran
We are going home to SSR for the first time this November:banana:

We have decided to try a split stay, staying the first two nights at either Pop or POR, then going to SSR for the last 6 nights. It's just DH and I and we are light travelers so the split stay shouldn't be big deal for us.

We are planning on using DME for this trip and I wondered how DME works for this.

We have not booked our nights at Pop/POR yet, but already have our ressie at SSR, and haven't signed up for DME yet. Do I just fill out the form on the members website and include our first two days stay? Or do I have to make the DME reservation when I book our room at Pop/POR? Or does it even matter?

I am also guessing that it doesn't matter we are leaving from a different resort as long as we know when the DME bus is going to pick us up.

I know these are silly questions and I will find out when I call on Monday, but I was curious now and thought the DIS would probably have the answer! TIA! I can't wait for our first trip to WDW!!:yay: :yay:

You're right...it's easy. Probably, you should make your ME for going to WDW when you make your POP/POR reservation--that'll go thru CRO...your return ME reservation can go through MS and be connected to your SSR reservation.

Or, you can call ME yourself...give them your reservation number for the resort you're going to first, and then your reservation number for the resort from which you're leaving.

It's very, very easy...

Have a great trip!

We did this same thing last Nov. (stayed at POP). It is very easy, however both legs of the trip have to be booked separtely. Member services will take of the retrun but the arrival has to be done separately.

We are going home to SSR for the first time this November:banana:

We have decided to try a split stay, staying the first two nights at either Pop or POR, then going to SSR for the last 6 nights. It's just DH and I and we are light travelers so the split stay shouldn't be big deal for us.

We are planning on using DME for this trip and I wondered how DME works for this.

We have not booked our nights at Pop/POR yet, but already have our ressie at SSR, and haven't signed up for DME yet. Do I just fill out the form on the members website and include our first two days stay? Or do I have to make the DME reservation when I book our room at Pop/POR? Or does it even matter?

I am also guessing that it doesn't matter we are leaving from a different resort as long as we know when the DME bus is going to pick us up.

I know these are silly questions and I will find out when I call on Monday, but I was curious now and thought the DIS would probably have the answer! TIA! I can't wait for our first trip to WDW!!:yay: :yay:

I've done this, and the only issue is that because one leg (arrival) was booked thru CRO and the other (departure) thru DVC, I received 2 sets of documents from them, and of course, they didn't arrive on the same day. So for about 5 days, I had documents that told me that DME would get me TO WDW, but none telling me they'd take me back to the airport. Eventually, I called MS and they explained that it was because of the way I booked it (?) At least this was back when DME still gave out pins, so I got 2 pins out of it. But there were a few days of panic!

I've done this, and the only issue is that because one leg (arrival) was booked thru CRO and the other (departure) thru DVC, I received 2 sets of documents from them, and of course, they didn't arrive on the same day. So for about 5 days, I had documents that told me that DME would get me TO WDW, but none telling me they'd take me back to the airport. Eventually, I called MS and they explained that it was because of the way I booked it (?) At least this was back when DME still gave out pins, so I got 2 pins out of it. But there were a few days of panic!

I got my DME docs for the first resort of my split stay about 10 days ago and the ones for the second resort with my return flight info today.

It was interesting (and confusing) because this is my first time to stay onsite & use DME, so I didn't have any idea what to expect. When I got the first set, there was no return flight info on it, so I called DME and the girl told me it was because of the split stay. She said that I should be getting a second package for the return, but not to worry about it if I didn't because the voucher (or whatever it is) is good for a round trip, they had my info in their system, and you didn't need the luggage tags on the return anyway. OK, so I'm cool with that. Well, today I get a set with luggage tags for the second resort. Obviously, I'll use the tags for the first resort, but what do I do with the other ones??? :confused3

We're staying at Pop for Saturday night and AKV for 2 nights in September. We booked ME to Pop when we made that ressie, and I used the Members web site for the return trip. I got both ME packets yesterday. That makes me excited, our trip is very nearly here!

Bobbi:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter