Split Stay Disney Dining Plan

anwackerman

Earning My Ears
When we booked our Free Dining Plan September stay for the 22nd - the 27th we did not know about Star Wars Opening. When it was announced we added another day to the beginning of our stay. As they could not add another day of free dining for us - we needed to do an entirely new reservation. Now we have a "split stay" at All Star Music where one day (the 21st) is on it's own reservation with one night stay and quick service dining plan and our "second stay" at All Star Music (the 22nd to the 27th) with free dining plan and 5 park hopper tickets.

How does the dining plan work for this? I know that any credits to your reservation expire on the day of "checkout" but because we are not really "checking out" on the 22nd - but our first reservation is ending...will our credits expire? Does that mean that we have to eat all of the food on or before the 22nd and nothing will carry over for our second reservation? When our first reservation credits are set to expire on midnight on the 22nd but our second reservation credits start on the 22nd - how do we know that the first reservation credits will be used first when we eat on the 22nd so they do not expire?

Yes, all the credits from that first night will expire at midnight of the 22nd. Even though, you are at the same resort, and hopefully in the same room, you are checking out and checking in. You'll need to do that at least online if you don't want to go to the front desk.

ALL the credits from the first stay will have to be used or expired before the credits from the second stay will become available. This includes snacks, so if you're wanting to use a QS credit from the second stay for dinner, make sure all your snacks from the first one are used.

Personally, I'd go to guest services on the morning of the 22nd and get a paper print out of what credits are still waiting to be used. If, for some reason, the system messes up and does start using your 2nd stay credits, at least you have a paper trail.

Yes, all the credits from that first night will expire at midnight of the 22nd. Even though, you are at the same resort, and hopefully in the same room, you are checking out and checking in. You'll need to do that at least online if you don't want to go to the front desk.

ALL the credits from the first stay will have to be used or expired before the credits from the second stay will become available. This includes snacks, so if you're wanting to use a QS credit from the second stay for dinner, make sure all your snacks from the first one are used.

Personally, I'd go to guest services on the morning of the 22nd and get a paper print out of what credits are still waiting to be used. If, for some reason, the system messes up and does start using your 2nd stay credits, at least you have a paper trail.

Thank you SO much! Another question from this - when we have used all of the credits from the first stay that expire ....do the new credits from the second stay start working immediately? We will be in the park on the 22nd so I do not think we will have a problem using all of our credits from the first stay but want to be sure that the new credits from the second stay will become available while we are in the park on the 22nd so we can use them!

Thank you SO much! Another question from this - when we have used all of the credits from the first stay that expire ....do the new credits from the second stay start working immediately? We will be in the park on the 22nd so I do not think we will have a problem using all of our credits from the first stay but want to be sure that the new credits from the second stay will become available while we are in the park on the 22nd so we can use them!

They should, but if they don't, just charge whatever you do back to your room and have them fix it later.

not to hijack your thread but I'm looking at a similar situation. I hope noone minds a very specific example...if we have a qs & a snack left on the last day.. are we going to be able to use a ts from the next reservation at lunch?

not to hijack your thread but I'm looking at a similar situation. I hope noone minds a very specific example...if we have a qs & a snack left on the last day.. are we going to be able to use a ts from the next reservation at lunch?

No. ALL credits from the first stay must be used or expired before you can use credits from the second stay. You'll need to redo your plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter