"Split Stay" Between Two DLP Hotels

JohnneeO

Mouseketeer
Hi, I searched this forum for "split stay," but most of the references I found were about splitting time between DLP and Paris itself. We are already doing that, and we are trying to book our nights at DLP, which we might split between two different DLP Hotels.

We are planning four nights on-site at DLP. We have the first night at Cheyenne through Expedia and a room ticket/package that includes two more nights at Cheyenne. So we still have one more night to book , which is where we will stay after our last park day. The options on Expedia for that night have two options less expensive than the Cheyenne: Sequoia Lodge & Santa Fe.

I am wondering about the logistics regarding check-in/check-out, and moving bags if we switch hotels. I amhoping that DLP can move our bags from Cheyenne to our final hotel (if Sequoia or Sante Fe) and that we wouldn't have an issue arriving and checking in late (after park close).

Does any one have experience with switching DLP hotels? TIA

I dont think Disney will move your luggage for you - the hotels are so close to each other its not like the resorts at WDW which are so spread out.

As your package with tickets doesnt start til your 2nd day it will be worth contacting DLP/Cheyenne ahead of time and letting them know you have 2 bookings with them for consecutive nights otherwise you may find you arrive and have to move out of your hotel room to another one - that will mean checking out and in again.
Officially you are not meant to collect the tickets etc for your package until the day it starts but if you ask they may allow you to do this the day before so you dont have to queue for them in the morning.
We stayed at Santa Fe one night (no tickets) and then moved to Sequioa (package) and they let us check in the evening before to get the tickets.
You will have to check out by 11am and wont be able to move into the room at your last hotel until after 3 but can check in there early in the morning. Either of the 2 hotels will store your luggage for you free of charge

As you actually have 3 bookings you will get a magic card for each of the bookings so make sure you check them for dates as only the package one will have your tickets on it - the other is for access to facilities /pool etc (although Cheyenne doesnt have a pool)
We had this at Davy Crocket last year where we stayed 1 night through expedia no tickets, then for a few nights with tickets and one night at the end through expedia with no tickets and had a magic pass for each separate part even though we were in the same cabin throughout

We just did a split stay with the first portion being at Sequoia Lodge, then transferring to Newport Bay. All of the hotels are in close proximity to each other. Just ask that the hotel hold your bags for a few hours, then pick them up and walk over. It really is easy to do. While saying at Newport Bay I needed to do laundry and found that to walk from there (passing Sequoia) that it was under a ten minute walk to Cheyenne. No streets to cross, just resort pathways. Safe too.

Thank you all for the comments. We have decided to go with Sequoia Lodge for our last night. Since its our last park day, we will take a midday break to retrieve our luggage, check in. Then at least we will have a shorter walk back to our hotel at the end of the night.

Update: After booking the Sequoia Lodge under fully refundable terms from Expedia, we kept checking the Cheyenne rates for that night, and their rates dropped to lower than the Sequoia. So now we have canceled the Sequoia, and booked the Cheyenne for our last night, meaning we will be there for four straight nights.

Thanks again everyone!

Good to hear you got that sorted.

Just for info, a few years ago we checked out of Hotel New York and moved to Dream Castle for our last night. We dropped our bags off at concierge and mentioned we’d be back later to move them and he said they’d transfer them for us. When we checked into the Dream Castle later that day, our bags were waiting for us. Great service.

Good to hear you got that sorted.

Just for info, a few years ago we checked out of Hotel New York and moved to Dream Castle for our last night. We dropped our bags off at concierge and mentioned we’d be back later to move them and he said they’d transfer them for us. When we checked into the Dream Castle later that day, our bags were waiting for us. Great service.

Thanks for sharing this. I wasn't expecting this level of service, especially since Bell Services isn't a tipped position here.
Always good to know that some areas still pushes pixie dust as far as they can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts