Split stay between a non park DVC rental and Disney package

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
So I'm thinking of renting a room at Animal Kingdom Lodge for four days with maybe just one or two park days and then getting a 7 day package with dining at a Disney Moderate or Value. Has anyone else had any experience with a split stay of this kind?

I'm wondering how difficult it would be when using the My Disney Experience app and magic bands fastpasses in relation to and dining. My last trip I added guests and tickets to the package at the last minute and we lost existing fastpasses, MNSSHP tickets weren't added to 2 magic bands and somehow one person's park tickets weren't showing up. It was very frustrating. I wasn't sure if I could use separate magic bands for each stay. I just want to prevent the hours lost trying to fix everything like the last trip.

So I guess my question would be for everyone they has done a trip like this: What is the best way to do this?

Are you planning to add guests at the last minute again? It sounds like that was the issue last time. If you can have everyone added when you start making the reservations, that should help eliminate some of the issues you experienced.

@Robo may be able to help answer ticketing questions but I think you might have an issue activating your package tickets earlier, only as far as making FPs because you can only activate the tickets earlier in person.

You'll want to get 8 or 9 day tickets to cover the 7 days as part of the package and 1 or 2 days extra before the package begins). That means you can only make FPs for the package tickets, not the 1 or 2 days earlier...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter