Split stay and magic bands...getting conflicting answers, please help!

denisem7180

Earning My Ears
Ok, I'm getting VERY conflicting answers including from Disney reps...long story short, I have a split stay (1 night at one resort, remainder of stay with dining plan at DVC resort). I received my 2 sets of magic bands this week (because one is for the one night, the other for the remainder). I was originally told it wouldn't matter which ones I used, etc., 'cause they link to my disney experience, however, I had another Disney rep just tell me the opposite and say that I need to go off the numbers inside the magic band? I'm confused.

We always split stay and use our bands interchangeably! On our last trip two of us had problems on changeover day and had to have the bands fixed at the front desk. But I don’t think it was the individual band itself (meaning the problem would’ve happened on either band).

Your MBs know all. Check in MDE under "My Magic Band and Cards" and you should see the serials for BOTH MBs you received (and previous ones if you've had then) all listed there. If they are you can use ANY MD listed under your name for ANY ACTIVITY linked to your MDE. This helps for those of us who like a unique MB every few days :) :smooth:

Ok, I'm getting VERY conflicting answers including from Disney reps...long story short, I have a split stay (1 night at one resort, remainder of stay with dining plan at DVC resort). I received my 2 sets of magic bands this week (because one is for the one night, the other for the remainder). I was originally told it wouldn't matter which ones I used, etc., 'cause they link to my disney experience, however, I had another Disney rep just tell me the opposite and say that I need to go off the numbers inside the magic band? I'm confused.
The rep that told you the bold was wrong. Shameful they don't know what they are talking about but wrong nonetheless

Next time you get someone that says that, ask them why they sell specialty MB to buy and add to your account if you can only use the one they send you for the specific trip? Would sure be a waste to buy those and then not be able to use them. Sometimes if these agents would use a bit of common sense they may realize how dumb their advice sounds

Us too. I even declined MBs during our last trip. Used the ones from previous trips and they worked perfectly fine.
Which brings up another reason the CM should have known that the MB doesn't matter. If it mattered and you had to use the specific MB for each stay, why on earth would Disney offer an opportunity to decline MB?

Which brings up another reason the CM should have known that the MB doesn't matter. If it mattered and you had to use the specific MB for each stay, why on earth would Disney offer an opportunity to decline MB?
Right! It never ceases to amaze me how much misinformation is provided by CMs. You would think that if they don't know the answer, they can search an FAQ or Help Topics somewhere before providing the wrong answer.

Right! It never ceases to amaze me how much misinformation is provided by CMs. You would think that if they don't know the answer, they can search an FAQ or Help Topics somewhere before providing the wrong answer.
It's shameful
20 years ago I worked in the store support center for the Tractor Supply Stores. When the stores had any type of problem they called our help line. We had a software, Tree somethingorother so all we had to do was enter a keyword or two and it returned any answer that fit the subject and we could then pick the topic that best for the particulars. With that, everyone got the same info to give out. This wasn't even a high tech software, it was AS400 based, very basic stuff. I'm certain there are better softwares out there by now that are probably even easier to write, use and update. There is no reason for Disney to not have something like that which even a remotely based phone trip could access.

I do however "inactivate" old ones in the MDE account. They probably don't work anyway!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter