Split Stay and DDP activation

4DisneyWVUfans

Mouseketeer
We are leaving in 11 days for one night at AKL. We plan on RD at AK, then going to YC for the week. We will probably want to use a credit for breakfast snack and lunch before we get our room. I have checked in on-line. Will AKL be able to activate our plan? Last year our credits weren't available until our room ready text at YC. hoping someone has had recent experience.

Yesterday I booked 2 nights at Contemporary and wondering the same thing.

I was going to say you should be fine without even going to the desk at AKL, but when I thought on it I realized I've always gotten a room ready text in the morning right around the time we were leaving resort #1, before we ever tried to use DDP credits. It wouldn't hurt to stop at the front desk and ask.

My experience was from last summer, but my DDP credits were available for breakfast on the morning of our 2nd resort check-in day long before our room was ready. I had expected to pay out of pocket but the server asked if we wanted to use our dining plan credits, she could see them available.

I hope you don't mind if I ask an additional question. I am doing a split stay (5 nights/ 5 nights) and the tickets are linked to my first resort reservation so basically it is a package. The ticket is a 14 days ticket booked through Disney. The hotels are also booked directly through Disney. I can only get the DP for the first 5 nights and not for all 10 nights because it is a package, correct? Thanks in advance :flower3:

I hope you don't mind if I ask an additional question. I am doing a split stay (5 nights/ 5 nights) and the tickets are linked to my first resort reservation so basically it is a package. The ticket is a 14 days ticket booked through Disney. The hotels are also booked directly through Disney. I can only get the DP for the first 5 nights and not for all 10 nights because it is a package, correct? Thanks in advance :flower3:
You can get the Dining Plan for the second half as well, it's called a ticketless package. You will need to call in to make that change though. Also make sure that your tickets really are good for 14 days, tickets are no longer good for 14 days by default, but maybe you booked before that change was implemented. (I can't remember when the change was made) Or maybe somebody else can chime in.

You can get the Dining Plan for the second half as well, it's called a ticketless package. You will need to call in to make that change though. Also make sure that your tickets really are good for 14 days, tickets are no longer good for 14 days by default, but maybe you booked before that change was implemented. (I can't remember when the change was made) Or maybe somebody else can chime in.
Thank you so much for your reply :flower2: I was really surprised to hear from the CM yesterday on the phone that I can only book it for my first stay. I mean Disney would get even more money from me if I book it for 10 days ;) But I noticed before that CMs not always know what is possible and what is not.

Thank you so much for your reply :flower2: I was really surprised to hear from the CM yesterday on the phone that I can only book it for my first stay. I mean Disney would get even more money from me if I book it for 10 days ;) But I noticed before that CMs not always know what is possible and what is not.

Yes very true! There is a big difference in the quality of CMs. It will be 2 separate reservations, so the credits for the first half will need to be used by midnight of checkout of your first stay. But you can definitely add it to the second half as well. Hopefully you will get a better CM when you call back.

Another thing to note - The check-out/check-in day can get wonky, so be sure credits are deducted from your first reservation if you have any left on that day.

Thank you so much. I will report back and let you know. I will call as often as it takes to get to the right CM ;) If you have the correct information before you call Disney you know what to ask...and when to be persistent:upsidedow

We are leaving in 11 days for one night at AKL. We plan on RD at AK, then going to YC for the week. We will probably want to use a credit for breakfast snack and lunch before we get our room. I have checked in on-line. Will AKL be able to activate our plan? Last year our credits weren't available until our room ready text at YC. hoping someone has had recent experience.

We just added an extra night to our trip because airfare was way cheaper that way (even with an extra hotel night) so we're planning on doing the same thing.

We were able to do just that this past January. We checked out of Yacht Club and ask the CM if they could check us in at Beach Club Villas to activate our Dining Plan. I would really make sure to stop by front desk to double check that thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter