Split Disney VIP Dec 24-30???

Rachsue123

Earning My Ears
Is anyone going to Disneyland the last week of December? I hear that it is really busy, so our family of 4 (19 year old and 3 - 40 year olds) is thinking about doing the Disneyland VIP 6 hour tour. We will get a personal concierge who will take us to the front of the line of all rides for the tour. Anyway, the tour allows up to ten people, so we thought that we would see if anyone wants to join us and split the cost per person! If we can get 6 more people (a family of 4 and a couple, 2 families of 3 - doesnt mattee to us!), the cost would be approximately 300 each. I am just waiting for my quote from Disneyland. No money would be exchanged beteeen us. We would all call Disneyland under my reservation number and pay our respective amounts. I would add you to the emails so that we could all select our rides, then meet at the VIP section on the WONDERFUL VIP TOUR DAY!

Is anyone going to Disneyland the last week of December? I hear that it is really busy, so our family of 4 (19 year old and 3 - 40 year olds) is thinking about doing the Disneyland VIP 6 hour tour. We will get a personal concierge who will take us to the front of the line of all rides for the tour.
Just to clarify, it is NOT front of all lines. You use the FP queue of rides with FP, and there are select other rides that have access, and they are usually thru a different entrance. If the FP line is long, you don't get to bypass that. Not all rides have access.

And when you calculate costs, don't forget a tip for the guide.

Did you do the VIP? Is it worth the money? We are going at Christmas and it seems like a good deal to me. We did receive a reply from Disney listing the rides and attractions included, PLUS VIP to the parades. Fortunately, the list includes all the rides that we want (we are all adults). Any feedback is appreciated. It seems worth it to me to be ushered around at that time of year.

For anyone interested, this is what is included:

The VIP Tour is a great way to experience the theme parks; being on a VIP Tour it gives you priority access to 30 plus attractions! This means you will have unlimited access to all of our Fastpass Attractions plus priority access to about 15 additional attractions. Not only do we offer attraction access, but we also can make any reserved viewing experiences for our popular shows and parades in a special reserved viewing section. It doesn’t end there, our Tour Guides will also have access to character meet and greets with Mickey at his house in Toontown, the Princesses at Fantasy Faire, and Anna & Elsa from Arrendale. Disney PhotoPass – Get unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads for the day—and share these memories with family and friends! You’ll even be able to access photos taken on select attractions and during select Character dining experiences. Magic Shots are also included

The Follow Attractions offer FASTPASS Access:

Disneyland® Park:

• Splash Mountain
  • Space Mountain
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Star Tours- The Adventure Continues
  • Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
Disney California Adventure® Park

• Soarin’ Over the World
  • California Screamin’
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Goofy’s Sky School
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT!
The Following Character Meet-N-Greets are offered:

• Disney Princesses at the Fantasy Faire
  • Meet Mickey at Mickey’s House
  • Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome
The following selected Non-Fastpass attractions would also be offered for preferred access:

Disneyland® Park:

• “it’s a small world”
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Snow White’s Scary Adventure
  • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Autopia
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Disney California Adventure® Park:

• Monsters Inc. Mike and Sully to the Rescue
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Jumpin Jellyfish
  • The Little Mermaid- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
  • Flik’s Flyers
  • Francis’ Ladybug Boogie
  • Tuck & Roll’s Drive ‘Em Buggies
  • Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train
  • King Triton’s Carousel

Last edited:
Just to clarify, it is NOT front of all lines. You use the FP queue of rides with FP, and there are select other rides that have access, and they are usually thru a different entrance. If the FP line is long, you don't get to bypass that. Not all rides have access.

And when you calculate costs, don't forget a tip for the guide.
I was told specifically not to tip when I made our reservation for June. They said they are well compensated and they are restricting the rules on allowing the guide CMs to accept tips. Even after the ask three times rule. I talked about buying them snacks or a meal, they said that was fine, just no money to exchange hands with a guide anymore.

Is anyone going to Disneyland the last week of December? I hear that it is really busy, so our family of 4 (19 year old and 3 - 40 year olds) is thinking about doing the Disneyland VIP 6 hour tour. We will get a personal concierge who will take us to the front of the line of all rides for the tour. Anyway, the tour allows up to ten people, so we thought that we would see if anyone wants to join us and split the cost per person! If we can get 6 more people (a family of 4 and a couple, 2 families of 3 - doesnt mattee to us!), the cost would be approximately 300 each. I am just waiting for my quote from Disneyland. No money would be exchanged beteeen us. We would all call Disneyland under my reservation number and pay our respective amounts. I would add you to the emails so that we could all select our rides, then meet at the VIP section on the WONDERFUL VIP TOUR DAY!
We are doing one in June. Total for 6 hours was $3,000. But rates change based on the season.

And again, it is not front of the line access for all rides. You do the fastpass line when a ride has it. Or a separate entrance if there is no FP. But you will still wait at least a few min. for each ride.

Splitting a VIP tour is fine, but having been on one I would not want a do it with a party I did not know. Too many different expectations and ways you can untilize the tour guide and touring plan for the day.

I was told specifically not to tip when I made our reservation for June. They said they are well compensated and they are restricting the rules on allowing the guide CMs to accept tips. Even after the ask three times rule. I talked about buying them snacks or a meal, they said that was fine, just no money to exchange hands with a guide anymore.
Interesting, this would be a significant change. I have been on several VIP tours and never had a tip refused.
My last personal experience was in December 2017, but happened to be near a tour ending last week and observed a tip being accepted.
Splitting a VIP tour is fine, but having been on one I would not want a do it with a party I did not know. Too many different expectations and ways you can untilize the tour guide and touring plan for the day.
Very good point about different expectations. Tours with frequent visitors (several times a year) and infrequent visitors (once every few years) are very different, as are tours with all adults and tours including kids.

That is far from what I have ever experienced, including my tour yesterday. I'm not sure about what is considered "well compensated" but most guides earn between $12.50 and $14 an hour, so of that $3,000 you are spending, the guide makes under $100. I always tip, it is never refused 3 times (guides are considered a tipped position, I know several leads) and we no longer need to supply meals to our guides as Disney now provides them with meal cards to use on tour.

I will ask a lead tomorrow when I get a chance to chat with him if rules are changing.

That is far from what I have ever experienced, including my tour yesterday. I'm not sure about what is considered "well compensated" but most guides earn between $12.50 and $14 an hour, so of that $3,000 you are spending, the guide makes under $100. I always tip, it is never refused 3 times (guides are considered a tipped position, I know several leads) and we no longer need to supply meals to our guides as Disney now provides them with meal cards to use on tour.

I will ask a lead tomorrow when I get a chance to chat with him if rules are changing.
Maybe Disney has improved the guides hourly wage with the money from price increases.

I sure hope so. Seems kinda silly to make a sudden change in rules like that, unless like Geemo said, they may have got some better pay or benefits?

OK, so far I have been in touch with one guide/lead and they have not heard of this. In fact, if it happened, Disney would lose many experienced guides as they would head to better paying positions they said. I am pretty sure this person would know before the person answering the phones, but I do have a second message out to a "suit", who would definitely know before the phone operator.

I sure hope so. Seems kinda silly to make a sudden change in rules like that, unless like Geemo said, they may have got some better pay or benefits?
It is the meals thing that makes me think the operator didn't know what they were talking about. Until about 18 mos ago, we always paid for all meals and snacks. If I was buying ice creams, I bought for all. If we did a meal, I paid for our guide. But I learned from guides, not all do this, in fact some guides would go all day without food. So, they set up cards so while on tour, guides have a meal card to pay for food and drinks during tours. The cards do not work in non-Disney restaurants so if we go to Tortilla Jo's, I still pay. But will wait to hear from another person....

It is the meals thing that makes me think the operator didn't know what they were talking about. Until about 18 mos ago, we always paid for all meals and snacks. If I was buying ice creams, I bought for all. If we did a meal, I paid for our guide. But I learned from guides, not all do this, in fact some guides would go all day without food. So, they set up cards so while on tour, guides have a meal card to pay for food and drinks during tours. The cards do not work in non-Disney restaurants so if we go to Tortilla Jo's, I still pay. But will wait to hear from another person....
I wouldn't be surprised if this lady didn't know what she was talking about. I put in requests to see 3 nighttime shows reserved seating and she said no problem I will put it in your account, but in my readings I have heard you can do 1 and maybe 2 if you are lucky, but her confidence in being able to do all three has be a little concerned.
I am planning on calling back in two weeks and confirming our requests to make sure they are do able.

I wouldn't be surprised if this lady didn't know what she was talking about. I put in requests to see 3 nighttime shows reserved seating and she said no problem I will put it in your account, but in my readings I have heard you can do 1 and maybe 2 if you are lucky, but her confidence in being able to do all three has be a little concerned.
I am planning on calling back in two weeks and confirming our requests to make sure they are do able.
It is a good idea to call back once the schedule of nighttime shows is posted (on the official DL site).
I have usually been able to book 2 shows on VIP tour days. Early shows are usually fully booked (so book early), but second shows are generally available.

Think about it this way.... Paint the Night goes off at 845p and 1045p. Fantasmic! goes off at 9pm and 1045pm. Fireworks are at 930p. You could make it work by getting the 9pm Fantasmic!, watching fireworks from there, then hustling to PTN (seating is by Little Mermaid area). But you cannot do all 3 if you want to watch fireworks from the hub.

Think about it this way.... Paint the Night goes off at 845p and 1045p. Fantasmic! goes off at 9pm and 1045pm. Fireworks are at 930p. You could make it work by getting the 9pm Fantasmic!, watching fireworks from there, then hustling to PTN (seating is by Little Mermaid area). But you cannot do all 3 if you want to watch fireworks from the hub.
It was the second showing of Pixar parade @ 6, Fireworks @ 930, and second Fantasmic! @ 10:30ish.
That's doable right?

It was the second showing of Pixar parade @ 6, Fireworks @ 930, and second Fantasmic! @ 10:30ish.
That's doable right?
Totally. I didn't think the Play Parade was the parade you'd be interested in. What hours are you getting a guide for?

Totally. I didn't think the Play Parade was the parade you'd be interested in. What hours are you getting a guide for?
thinking 12-6. That way we have the morning in the park. Grab lunch. Then do the tour. Then have our guide dump us in parade viewing. Do you know where reserved seating is along that parade route? Hoping on main street since we have a 6:50 lunch.

thinking 12-6. That way we have the morning in the park. Grab lunch. Then do the tour. Then have our guide dump us in parade viewing. Do you know where reserved seating is along that parade route? Hoping on main street since we have a 6:50 lunch.
Parade viewing (chairs and benches) is often on the sidewalk of the Hub facing the Matterhorn (East Crescent).

Parade viewing is usually at the Hub along the parade route. The parade will be coming from Town Square going back to IASW. It will take about 15 mins or so to reach the Hub, so should start where you will be about 615p.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!