Splash Refurb Question

Daisybelle

I'm just happy to be here
I am looking at next year to plan my Disneyland bucket list trip: The Solo Trip! <insert Muppet arms here>. :flower1::flower1::flower1:

My first thought was late February/early March. I noticed that Splash has gone down for extended refurb at that time the last two years. Is that a normal occurrence every year? It's my favorite ride and I have visions of going on it over and over again since it's never been my daughter's favorite.

We usually go in the summer so Splash hasn't been down on our trips ever.

This year's return was unusually long....

I've gone pretty much every winter for the last 6 years. I recall Splash being closed for maybe 3 of them. However, those trips have been at the end of Jan, mid Feb, late Feb, or really early March, so a wide time frame. It seems like the early in the year, the more common the closure is, and that the closure is usually about 4-6 weeks long every winter.

This year's return was unusually long....

I've gone pretty much every winter for the last 6 years. I recall Splash being closed for maybe 3 of them. However, those trips have been at the end of Jan, mid Feb, late Feb, or really early March, so a wide time frame. It seems like the early in the year, the more common the closure is, and that the closure is usually about 4-6 weeks long every winter.

Thank you!

Maybe I can ask you a follow up question then! How do you like going that time of year? I don't think I'll mind if it's a little cooler or rainy (PNW dweller). What are your thoughts??

Thank you!

Maybe I can ask you a follow up question then! How do you like going that time of year? I don't think I'll mind if it's a little cooler or rainy (PNW dweller). What are your thoughts??
I come from Salem, OR, so I use my winter trip to Disneyland as a "pick me up" from our 200 gray days. That being said, haha, this last trip was gray and cloudy and cold in January when we had like 3 days of 65* at home. D'oh! Just can't win sometimes!

Overall, I enjoy the late winter trips. The hours are less, which is frustrating. Last trip in January was 10a-9p several days. However, its nice that I can sleep in those days! Crowds are hit or miss. I know to expect a fair amount of refurbs, so I don't let that get me down :)

We were on Splash on Sunday the 15th when it first came back up after refurb. It would come up, and then close down again, then come back up a few hours later.
I’m not sure if this is the “new normal” but we got SOAKED. Completely drenched including our feet.
Be prepared in a time of the year when you might not be able to get dried off or that it’s cold....

We were on Splash on Sunday the 15th when it first came back up after refurb. It would come up, and then close down again, then come back up a few hours later.
I’m not sure if this is the “new normal” but we got SOAKED. Completely drenched including our feet.
Be prepared in a time of the year when you might not be able to get dried off or that it’s cold....
How many adults were in the log? Weight of the logs makes a big difference in how wet you get. I hope you dried off quickly.

How many adults were in the log? Weight of the logs makes a big difference in how wet you get. I hope you dried off quickly.
It’s definitely a weight thing. I watched a lot that was front and back heavy (middle was light) and the person in front got soaked. Another log came down with mostly kids and two adults towards the back and the front got splashed not soaked.

I was hoping that it would not soak you as much after the big refurb. Most of our group are larger folks and we get soaked every time. I much prefer DW's ride where you actually get splashed.

I was hoping that it would not soak you as much after the big refurb. Most of our group are larger folks and we get soaked every time. I much prefer DW's ride where you actually get splashed.
That has more to do with the logs in wdw and not the physical ride.

We got totally soaked in Sept! As we’re going along my friend says, hmmm, the water looks really high today :scared:
I think depending on air temp they can dial up or down the water. When we ride in colder months we don’t get near as soaked.

I have heard from several people, that even after the refurb, there has been a lot of being walked off the ride. Disappointing it was down for so long, and still seems to be having lots of problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter