Splash Mountain Characters Also Retired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not read the whole arc so I can't really comment on details. I do agree that in real life not everyone from an ethnicity is just good or just bad. And that dictatorships are bad in general.

I can also tell you as a minority, Magneto at his core was right. Why keep groveling at their oppresors when they could just make their own fantastical utopia.:confused3 Of course that would never work in real life, but the Xmen don't live in real life. It is fictional wish fulfillment :wizard:

Magneto has murdered thousands - possibly more. His actions have never been justified. And he didn't really want to just self-segregate, he wanted to rule. His motives are not sympathetic.

Wish fulfillment and power fantasies are one thing, but making all the characters sanctimonious jerks, even toward their friends and people who have supported them in the past (i.e. the Fantastic Four) is a mistake. Their ethno-centrist nation was depicted as somewhere between Apartheid-era South Africa and Nazi Germany. Just because it was humans they were discriminating against, doesn't make those comparisons any better.

Also, it was revealed that Xavier's favortie movie was Song of the South, so.... 😉

I guess to get this back to what the OP was asking, perhaps they can bring the Splash Mountain characters back for Dead Rides Nite. Similar to Throwback Nite but it's all the dead attractions from WDW's past. They can be there along with Mr. Toad, the cast from Horizons, The Dreamfinder (still bitter about that one), Journey Into Imagination when it was good, the squid from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the trolls from Maelstrom, the alien from Alien Encounter, and Buzzy from Cranium Command.

Special guest host for the night will be Ellen Degeneres who will take a picture with you in a Skyway car. Captain EO will be projected onto the Castle.

I guess to get this back to what the OP was asking, perhaps they can bring the Splash Mountain characters back for Dead Rides Nite. Similar to Throwback Nite but it's all the dead attractions from WDW's past. They can be there along with Mr. Toad, the cast from Horizons, The Dreamfinder (still bitter about that one), Journey Into Imagination when it was good, the squid from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the trolls from Maelstrom, the alien from Alien Encounter, and Buzzy from Cranium Command.

Special guest host for the night will be Ellen Degeneres who will take a picture of you in a Skyway car. Captain EO will be projected onto the Castle.

I know you're being silly, but they can buldoze literally anything if they would bring back Horizons!

I sure hope when Tiana's comes into being that there are zero instances of stereotypical French / Creole people who settled the bayou historically used in their portrayal. In their appearance, in their speech, in their positions. That scenes are treated with respect for the lifestyle of living in that portrayed era because many did not make the conscious choice to remain in the area. Or perhaps my history is off, which is possible, and Tiana is not a descendant of French / Creole peoples but some other group. Regardless, all characters need to be treated respectfully, and I hope the ride escapes the wrath of injustice.

I sure hope when Tiana's comes into being that there are zero instances of stereotypical French / Creole people who settled the bayou historically used in their portrayal. In their appearance, in their speech, in their positions. That scenes are treated with respect for the lifestyle of living in that portrayed era because many did not make the conscious choice to remain in the area. Or perhaps my history is off, which is possible, and Tiana is not a descendant of French / Creole peoples but some other group. Regardless, all characters need to be treated respectfully, and I hope the ride escapes the wrath of injustice.
She is creole in the movie. Her dad is creole for sure

I did not read the whole arc so I can't really comment on details. I do agree that in real life not everyone from an ethnicity is just good or just bad. And that dictatorships are bad in general.

I can also tell you as a minority, Magneto at his core was right. Why keep groveling at their oppresors when they could just make their own fantastical utopia.:confused3 Of course that would never work in real life, but the Xmen don't live in real life. It is fictional wish fulfillment :wizard:
One thing is certain, put any group together and they will find a way to separate by some random characteristic. Its the tribal bit of primordial jelly we are still fighting.

Some day I hope we grow out of our caveman days.

I know you're being silly, but they can buldoze literally anything if they would bring back Horizons!
You know, the wife and me, had a discussion about Horizons back when we last went to WDW. She never got to ride it so I showed her how awesome it was on a YouTube video someone had made off an old camcorder recording of the entire ride. There's also one for Journey Into Imagination before 90s Disney butchered it. I told her how awesome the ride was because it was really a throwback to old Disneyland rides that were very forward thinking and optimistic about the future. I think that got lost in the 90s and never returned. It fit with what EPCOT once was. I don't think we're ever going to get those again unless it's something IP related.

One thing is certain, put any group together and they will find a way to separate by some random characteristic. Its the tribal bit of primordial jelly we are still fighting.

Some day I hope we grow out of our caveman days.

YES! And I guess I feel that superheroes should be an example of that - they should be better.

YES! And I guess I feel that superheroes should be an example of that - they should be better.
It started in the late 60’s trying to humanize the superhero.

We never went back. Superman lasted the longest.

It started in the late 60’s trying to humanize the superhero.

We never went back. Superman lasted the longest.

I mean, Marvel always tried to keep it grounded, but they at least TRIED to be better. The X-Men always had a dream of
"peaceful coexistence" but recently they have repudiated that sentiment as "foolish" and outright gave up on it. I guess that makes me a fool then, since I still hope for it. 😞

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter