Spirt Question and JetBlue

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

Can anyone please let me know why I can purchase Spirit airline tickets on other sites, such as Priceline, for August but when I go on to the Spirit site I can only book up through June. I do want to wait to see when Southwest comes out but Spirit has $67 flight from FLL for our time to EWR. Im not factoring in luggage since we usually fly United, Delta or Jet Blue and they also have baggage fees.

Speaking of JetBlue, when does their site open for August and is Southwest November 3?

Thank you so much!

Can anyone please help me. Thanks so much!

Does anyone have an answer to my question? I dont understand how I can book on another site byt nkt Spirits actual site.

No idea. Only seeing legacy airlines, and Alaska, when I search August. How far did you go in the purchasing process. Spirit flights are only available eight months out.

Spirit charges for every. single. bag. except the one that fits under the seat. The other airlines that charge are a bargain in comparison.

JetBlue e-mails True Blue members in advance to advise of upcoming fare extensions. Somebody always posts a new thread about it.

If Southwest's website indicates fares will be extended on November 3, then fares will be extended on November 3.

Bet you can't really book Spirit that far out on Priceline. As you get further into the purchase process at some point it will tell you it's not available. Priceline (and a few other travel website) are famous for showing a low fare at the beginning and when you get closer to hitting the "purchase" button, saying oops sorry that price is no longer available. That's why most people recommend buying directly from the airline's website, you avoid all that.

Before you get too excited about the Spirit price, so to their site and go thru a purchase far enough to get a real total price. It may surprise you, and you'll find it's not as inexpensive as you think. That's a reason people shy away from Spirit (that and the lack of customer service).

Good luck finding air fare you can live with

We've flown Spirit with no issues out of Cleveland. We're flying them again this May. I have found the cheapest prices on the Spirit site directly. A checked bag each way was $30 at the time of booking. It gets higher the longer you wait. We each take a backpack and that counts as their free personal item. They usually release future rates at the end of the month. Hope this helps!

I find that when I look at fares on Expedia, Priceline, etc., when I go to actually purchase a fare, it's gone. I think that you can 'see' flights for times that haven't been released by the actual airlines yet, but I doubt you can book them at this point. I never buy flights anywhere than from the airline directly.

Thank you all very much. I always purchase directly through the carrier but wondered why I was seeing Spirit being bookable on Priceline
even though not on their site. Southwest also comes out next week so I need to be up and ready at 6:00 am I believe to try to get the best prices
if I like what I see. I will do as you say above and go through the process of booking a flight in June all the way through to see what the price ends up being all said and done. I wasn't factoring in baggage fees, since we pay them on any airline (we never flew Southwest before) and we don't take a carry on we just have our larger travel totes for my dd and I and the guys don't have anything.

I went on JetBlue this morning but I don't see when their August flights open. I googled too but it is bring me to years past ggggrrr

Thank you all for your answers, I appreciate it.

For Spirit, free carryon bag size is 18x14x8 and must be stowed under the seat in front of you. Additional carryon to go in overhead bin is $30 if purchased at booking. Additional charge for checked bags and many seats

I went on JetBlue this morning but I don't see when their August flights open. I googled too but it is bring me to years past ggggrrr
I didn't say it's on the jetBlue site. I said when the airline is going to release new dates, they notify us and someone posts a thread about it.

For Spirit, free carryon bag size is 18x14x8 and must be stowed under the seat in front of you. Additional carryon to go in overhead bin is $30 if purchased at booking. Additional charge for checked bags and many seats

Thank you. Just my dd and I would have a tote and no additional carry on from the guys. Ill try to see how many flighta out the day we leave. We leave a day prior to our cruise. This afternoon I priced out a June Saturday flight which cane to about $130. I think I can do better than that on Southwest although the legacey flights are doubled. I need to purchase four flights.

I didn't say it's on the jetBlue site. I said when the airline is going to release new dates, they notify us and someone posts a thread about it.

Yes I understand you didnt say that. Thanks.

I cannot find on the Jet Blue site when their next set of dates opens up for bookings (I need August 11 and August 19).
Southwest only opened until August 6, gggrrrr.
Does anyone know about Jet Blue.

Thank you.

I have a friend whose flight was cancelled with Spirit (with no notice, and not weather related)...she didn't get a flight until the next day (and we are talking major airports so it's not like it was the lone flight for the day).
I would think about how important the flight getting there on time would be before I chose Spirit

Never ever book an airline ticket from a 3rd party site. Always book them directly using the airlines own website. If you use a 3rd party website to book an airline ticket and things go wrong you will just get the run around with each side blaming the other for the screw up.

Never ever book an airline ticket from a 3rd party site. Always book them directly using the airlines own website. If you use a 3rd party website to book an airline ticket and things go wrong you will just get the run around with each side blaming the other for the screw up.

I never understand why people book with 3rd Party sites? They don't get any benefit from doing so and can only be a problem not a positive thing.

I cannot find on the Jet Blue site when their next set of dates opens up for bookings (I need August 11 and August 19).
Southwest only opened until August 6, gggrrrr.
Does anyone know about Jet Blue.

Thank you.
JetBlue opens for August bookings this coming Sunday, November 12, at 2:00pm.

JetBlue opens for August bookings this coming Sunday, November 12, at 2:00pm.

OMG THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! Where the heck did you find that information!' I looked all over their site and googled.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter