Spinoff: What are you looking forward to in the future?

AlohaNow

DIS Veteran
I started typing out my list of cancellations for the ‘cancelled’ thread but I stopped. My list would look a lot like everyone else’s. Everyone has had multiple disappointments so far in 2020. These have changed the timeline and outlook for many, many events. Long awaited and saved for vacations, weddings, family reunions, etc. But there WILL come a day when we’re all back out there and having fun again. A mental re-set needs to happen first, so let's start it now. Adventure is out there! Have you changed course? What are your plans now?

Multiple cancellations opened up space in our family’s schedule for us to all take a trip to Utah in July together! We’ll stay in St. George and visit Zion NP for the first time. I’m not used to planning “last minute” like this trip was, but I could definitely get used to it! We’re all pretty excited to go. 👍

As we adjust to knowing that previous vacation plans are gone now, but the money was refunded, we are also starting to plan a trip to London for summer 2021. DS17 will be a senior this fall and plans to graduate early, in December. He’ll still be around for a while before he goes off to university for five years in Argentina. I view this trip as our last hurrah, so we’re going to do it up right. I’m not saying the four of us will never travel together again, but once they start leaving the nest, you never know! And let’s toss in a December graduation party as well!

Who’s with me? What are you looking forward to in the future? That baby is still going to be born, right? That wedding will be rescheduled, right? Even if it’s not a set plan, what are you dreaming of doing?

Let’s be resilient, flexible, and focused on the future!

We have put off regular travel for now as we are avoiding crowds. I'm getting two ragdoll kittens in July and we are doing some needed home projects--new roof and an updated deck. Next year, we might rent an RV and go on a road trip.

Great post!
I have a lot to look forward to that I am excited about!
I will finally be able to get my hair done in two weeks!!
I’m looking forward to my kids being able to play on their soccer and little league teams again one day.
I am looking forward to replanning my NYC and Hawaii vacations that were cancelled.
I am looking forward to the new ideas and inventions our world will come up after going through this. Will we all have more telework options that we before didn’t think we possible?
I am looking forward to my kids returning to school, hopefully in the fall.
I am looking forward to one day being able to be in a crowd again and not be worried!

My daughters quinceanera at the beginning of next year.

My sons 21st birthday next year. Hopefully Disney is back to some normalcy and I can surprise him with a trip.

Traveling !!

A broadway show girls trip to see a show. We’re only 90 minutes from NYC and we do this once or twice a year but we missed our trip this year.

A trip with my SO. Still waiting on where and when. We don’t want to go somewhere with restrictions. Thinking key west or Vegas.

Seeing my adult children. I hope it happens for Christmas, still up in the air.

Looking forward to seeing my sister and BIL in a couple weeks. I was supposed to see them in March and the trip got cancelled. They have been sitting in their house and I have been sitting in mine. It will be nice to sit in the same room, even if we are six feet apart. They live across the street from the beach, so it will be nice to see the beach as well.

We had reservations for V&A for our anniversary. I do lament the loss of these plans, as this is the third year in a row that I have had these reservations and had to cancel (or, in this case, they were canceled for me.)

But the way I see it, I don't have much time to be sad - only about 40 days left to make other plans. So I've already started thinking of something new for us to do. There's a local fine dining restaurant I've wanted to try for years, so that's on the list. We also have a nice telescope, and a great spot nearby to go stargazing. Get an "artisan" s'mores kit from a chocolatier and have a little camp-out.

I started typing out my list of cancellations for the ‘cancelled’ thread but I stopped. My list would look a lot like everyone else’s. Everyone has had multiple disappointments so far in 2020. These have changed the timeline and outlook for many, many events. Long awaited and saved for vacations, weddings, family reunions, etc. But there WILL come a day when we’re all back out there and having fun again. A mental re-set needs to happen first, so let's start it now. Adventure is out there! Have you changed course? What are your plans now?

Multiple cancellations opened up space in our family’s schedule for us to all take a trip to Utah in July together! We’ll stay in St. George and visit Zion NP for the first time. I’m not used to planning “last minute” like this trip was, but I could definitely get used to it! We’re all pretty excited to go. 👍

As we adjust to knowing that previous vacation plans are gone now, but the money was refunded, we are also starting to plan a trip to London for summer 2021. DS17 will be a senior this fall and plans to graduate early, in December. He’ll still be around for a while before he goes off to university for five years in Argentina. I view this trip as our last hurrah, so we’re going to do it up right. I’m not saying the four of us will never travel together again, but once they start leaving the nest, you never know! And let’s toss in a December graduation party as well!

Who’s with me? What are you looking forward to in the future? That baby is still going to be born, right? That wedding will be rescheduled, right? Even if it’s not a set plan, what are you dreaming of doing?

DH going back to work, and DH going back to school, so I can have some alone time in the house, instead of just in the car going to the store. :rolleyes1

Really, I want to see my grandbabies. I miss those little faces so much. :sad1:
I want a vacation, where I'm not in this house. :moped::car::boat::beach::tink:
I want DS to be able to go hang out with his friends, and go to the movies, and do teenage stuff, instead of being stuck at home 24/7. party:

Going out to eat. Restaurants are starting to open up dining in here but I have not been yet.
Going to the library.
Going to the theatre.
Going on vacation.

Looking forward to...
Eating out at a restaurant.
Getting a hair cut
Taking my time to shop in a grocery store
Just browsing in a "non-essential" store
The rescheduled family wedding in 2021

Last edited:
We used to go out to brunch every Sunday--sometimes with friends, sometimes just the two of us, but every week. I would like to go out to brunch and not worry about hurting anyone.

Always looking forward to new media. Games and movies coming out this year or the next.
Pride here is postponed until October so looking forward to Halloween influenced Pride! Two of my favorite days even better together!
Looking forward to a smaller summer trip with the hubs. Maybe to go see his family, maybe just camping.
Looking forward to our zoo reopening and us renewing our membership!
New comic books when our comic store reopens!

School is finally out, so mostly I'm just looking forward to sleeping in and not having to keep my 11yo focused on her homework!

We're going to the drive-in on Tuesday to see the first Harry Potter movie. We usually only go once a season because it is about an hour and a half away, but this will be our second time in as many weeks since they're showing classics. Last weekend was ET and Indiana Jones, and my youngest hadn't seen either one before! If the weather is decent, we'll camp at a dark sky park not far from the theatre instead of coming home right after the show and do some stargazing/nighttime photography.

Since all of our races for the summer have been cancelled and I really need motivation to stay active, my girls and I are doing the Hike 100 challenge on the North Country Trail. We already had plans to do a section of the trail in the Upper Peninsula this summer, and another section of the trail runs very near my family's vacation property so it shouldn't be terribly difficult to piece together a hundred miles over the course of the summer.

And one that is still uncertain and likely to be months off, I'm really looking forward to getting back to the library. I've read through the giant stash of books I checked out the last morning they were open, and since they recently laid off all of their staff, I'm not sure there's even a reopening plan coming any time soon. But I really, really miss the library!

Seeing our sons and our grandbabies......haven't seen any of them since mid Feb! :(

I was thrilled just getting a haircut last week I really had not been out of the house since mid March my DH has gone to get groceries or run other errands. Am looking forward to when we can finally go to a mall or the zoo and other attractions in our area. Also, I miss watching sports on TV or attending games. As far as big plans our cruise was canceled and we booked another one for next summer that hopefully we will be able to go on. Are thinking about a Thanksgiving trip to WDW in 21.

I am looking forward to the day I walk into my office and hug all my colleagues I haven’t seen in 3 months. I hope and pray we all have a desk to return to.

I am looking forward to March 2021 for our rescheduled Wonder Sailing and post cruise trip to Hawaii. As our Wonder Hawaii Cruise replacement that was cancelled.

the problem is The above is not 100% guaranteed.

only thing 100% is we are getting a new bed soon. We have the extra money at the moment from all the cancelled activities, work/school cost savings.

For us, the ability to travel w/o thinking twice about it is high on the list. So is simply being able to go out to eat.....

Planning trips. We have declared 2020 a year to save more than ever. I have no desire to travel until things are fully open and feel safe. I'm not really sure when that will be but hopefully Spring Break 2021. I'd love a fall or Christmas trip but I'm not hopeful for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter