Spinoff - best & worst TV show endings

Worst: St. Elsewhere

Best: Gilligan's Island. Left it open for all the Return to Gilligan's Island movies.

The whole last season of SOA was pretty messed up. I kind of had to force myself to finish it. It was just so over the top.
Yeah watching interviews and cast after shows the main writer let the whole “edgy” writing thing go to his head. He tried too hard IMO.

Worst: St. Elsewhere

Best: Gilligan's Island. Left it open for all the Return to Gilligan's Island movies

Wasn't that by default? I think it was unexpectedly cancelled after the third season. The final show was just a normal (well, normal for G.I.) episode.

Best: Although a fan favorite, Parenthood was often on the chopping block and was always under threat of being cancelled. They were given an abbreviated last season and they did not disappoint the fans. I would say that Six Feet Under would just about be a tie for me.

Worst: I think Dexter would take it for me. A close second would be the Gilmore Girls x 2.

Worst - St. Elsewhere. (I'm still annoyed), Roseanne (the original series)

Best - MASH, The West Wing (even though Jimmy Smits is the kiss of death), ER

Stargate, SG1. They didn't end anything. But they are forgiven because they made two movies after the series finale to clean up all the story lines. Yayyyyyy.

Best: Dawson's Creek Pacey and Joey 4 EVA!!!! :woohoo:
Worst: ALF and by the time the movie came along, I stopped caring.

Going back a long way, but I was really disappointed in the ending of Quantum Leap.

Yes! My favorite tv show of all time unfortunately had one of the worst endings! It's kind of a slippery slope though because technically it falls under the category of "cancelled", since what was supposed to be an end of the season cliffhanger ended up being a finale where they struggled to give it some kind of wrap-up at the last minute. Sometimes I think it would have been better if they would have just left it the way it was and didn't add all the script at the end about Sam never returning home. I was upset for days after that! Heck, I still am 25 years later, LOL.

I'm not sure anything really stands out to me as the best...I feel like finales are always a little bit disappointing, if only for the fact that it's, well...the END. Usually not ready to let go of a beloved series no matter how they end it.

Favorite - Ed

And I’ll buck the trend and say I didn’t like the last episode of M*A*S*H.

Newhart:
It was good right up to the part where Dick was hit in the head by a stray golf ball. After that it sucked because:
1)The scene with Bob and Emily Hartley was one of those overused "It was all just a dream" plot devices.
2)In the last episode of The Bob Newhart Show, Bob quit his Chicago practice, and the Hartleys moved to Oregon. Meaning that their bedroom wouldn't have been the same.

Newhart:
It was good right up to the part where Dick was hit in the head by a stray golf ball. After that it sucked because:
1)The scene with Bob and Emily Hartley was one of those overused "It was all just a dream" plot devices.
2)In the last episode of The Bob Newhart Show, Bob quit his Chicago practice, and the Hartleys moved to Oregon. Meaning that their bedroom wouldn't have been the same.

What make sure you assume the dream was taking place “after” he quit his practice? :)

Scrubs was one of the best done, until they came up with the stupid med school follow up season. I also enjoyed the Office finale

Lost was bad and HIMYM was also bad because of the whole season, the idea made sense but the whole season was bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter