SpinDisc's Ultimate PJ (Proposal - pg 1, Wedding - pg 16)

More congrats!!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Have fun during this exciting time!

How absolutely romantic and fabulous!! Thank you so much for sharing your special day/night with us! Can't wait to "meet" your DF on here! :goodvibes

:yay: The video is great!!:dance3: Good for you , you did a great job she must feel very special!:thumbsup2

Oh My your proposal had me in tears, how wonderful you have already set a date ,Congratulations to you and D...
your pics are amazing i hope we are all involved in your planning for your big day !!

Yay for pics!! and yay for video!!! OMG that was sooooo sweet and romantic! Thanks for sharing and congrats on picking a date! That was very difficult for us as well!!! :thumbsup2

What a great video! Did one of your friends do that? You both looked so excited. Thanks for sharing!

Wow...I just realized how long it's been since I've posted on here. Since we got back from that vacation, there was a lot of planning. And then I started and internship (35 hours a week)...and working full time (37.5 hours a week). Needless to say, I'm a little stretched for time. :surfweb:

But that's no excuse - hopefully in the next few days I'll get back up to speed on here, get my DF to join this board too and update everyone on the wedding plans (I have a feeling that this is just gonna be a all-in-one thread (engagement pj/wedding pj/honeymoon pj/recap). It's kinda nice to have the whole story in one place.:goodvibes

But more importantly - how's everyone been?!?! popcorn::

hi How are you all doing?
I'm waiting to meet your DF.
And to see all your plans for the
wedding. You all have not posted
on the site in a long time.
Please ask your DF to start posting
can't wait to read more!
Congrat's to you both!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Wow what I wonderful story. I'm so happy you got engaged at disney. That is something 30 years down the road when you bring your grandkids to disney a great story to tell them.

Belinda

I just sat and read this whole thread -- how dare you make me cry at work!!! :laughing:
My son is planning to propose to his DGF during our trip in December :cheer2: I'm trying to get him to do something along these lines but he's more of a private guy so I'm not sure what he's got planned. Definitely keep us posted on the wedding plans! :surfweb:

hi How are you all doing?
I'm waiting to meet your DF.
And to see all your plans for the
wedding. You all have not posted
on the site in a long time.
Please ask your DF to start posting
can't wait to read more!
Congrat's to you both!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Yeah, I'm working on that - hopefully she'll be on here soon, but for the time being, it'll probably only be through me.

You guys are so cute! I love the pics!! I want to hear more!!

Thank you - I'll keep trying to add more as much as possible :surfweb:

Wow what I wonderful story. I'm so happy you got engaged at disney. That is something 30 years down the road when you bring your grandkids to disney a great story to tell them.

Belinda

Yeah - within our group of friends it's already a popular story. Mosstly because my DF loves to tell it :blush:

Congratulations, that was such a lovely romantic story. I'm in tears at my computer!

I just sat and read this whole thread -- how dare you make me cry at work!!! :laughing:
My son is planning to propose to his DGF during our trip in December :cheer2: I'm trying to get him to do something along these lines but he's more of a private guy so I'm not sure what he's got planned. Definitely keep us posted on the wedding plans! :surfweb:

Sorry I made you both cry - but I guess that's a good thing. :) Kellypooh - any idea what your son's plans are? If he's looking for ideas, I'd be glad to help - I'm creative when it comes to proposals, and have ideas for the attention seekers and the private guys. Let me know if he'd like an ear or a second opinion. But either way, wish him luck for me! And I'll definitely keep you guys posed on plans. This is now going to become my Ultimate PJ!

And now the fun begins. Okay, since we got back from Disney in June (when I proposed to my DF), we've been doing planning non-stop. We've got so much done, but so much still to go.

Unlike most on this board, we won't be having a Disney Wedding. However, we're planning on incorporating some Disney elements into the reception. For now, here are some basics:

The Ceremony Location: St. Jude - New Lenox, IL
stjude.jpg

The Reception Location: Patrick Haley Mansion - Joliet, IL
PatrickHaley-1.jpg

Booked/Done: DJ, Photographer & Videographer. My DF already has her dress. She already picked-out the bridesmaid dresses (I'll try to add a photo later) & booked the florist.

To Do List: Tuxes, Cake, Limo, Invitations, Registry.

We also designed our Save-The-Dates - I'll upload the design when I get home tonight.

Right now, we're just kinda breathing, getting ready to go out and register (probably within the next month or two). With that in mind, does anyone have any advice for things that we definitely SHOULD or SHOULD NOT register for? Let us know!

Thanks, everyone! I'm soo glad that so many people like our story!!
Brian

Oh I'm so glad you started a PJ!!! If you can, please remind when your wedding date is? I see your honeymoon is in August so it's not too far off! I was told by a friend to register for stuff you want not just practicle things. She said all she did was register for was practicle things and didn't have anything fun. I haven't done it yet and still don't know if I am but if it gets her off my back it just might be worth it!!!

Can't wait to hear more of your story!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!