Spin Off: Which Time (ST or DT) do you prefer?

Which do you prefer

• Standard time (what we have in the winter)

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Saving time (What we have in the summer)

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • Changing Twice a year

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
My point being that daylight saving time had a larger impact in the olden days. Now, the impact is minimal if even measurable. Where I live, the hour less I use my lights in the evening is offset by the additional hour I need to use my lights in the morning (this time of year, at least).
Would be different here because they just started "time of day" rates that are higher from 5 pm to 8 pm, so you would save money by using lights in the morning.
https://www.smud.org/en/Rate-Information/Time-of-Day-rates/Time-of-Day-5-8pm-Rate

I’m torn. Part of me would love to stick to DST year round for more light in the evening. But, if we did, it’d be pitch black in the morning in Winter. I definitely would not want standard time all year.

My biggest issue is having to remember how to change the clock in my car every 6 months but I have people for that. :goodvibes

I can do my car fine, but DS's is weirdly complicated, and we've only been through one time change since he got it. - MY BIL did it that time, and I don't remember what he did!

I like the time it is now because my dog isn't waking me up until 7:15 when he was waking me up at 6:15 last week.

Yes, my furry alarm :cat::cat: has been reset too. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter