Spin off of a Spin off.....what size mattress did your parents have?

What size bed did your parents have?

• Twin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • Queen

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • King

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • California King

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • No bed

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Growing up watching I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke, married couples slept in separate twin beds.
That's because the censors felt that showing unmarried people (actors) in the same bed was a bad thing (immoral).

Yes, even for Lucy and Desi (even through they were actually married. They allowed them to push the twins together, but the beds were made up separately.

My parents have always had a Cal King.

I have never had anything but a double. Got a hand-me-down from my now-ex's grandparents when we moved into together. Replaced it about 23 years ago with another double. It really needs to be replaced and has for the past 5 years.

My parents had a double when I was growing up. To be honest, when they got married in the 1950’s, I don’t think queen or king existed. Later on, sometime after I moved out, they upgraded to a queen.

I always shared a room with my sister growing up, and always had a twin. With DH, we’ve always had queen. When he was a kid, he actually had another size called three quarters, which was between a twin and a double.

My parents had a king size bed and I remember all three of us kids piling on the bed while my mom read to us every evening before bed. I also remember watching The Wonderful World of Disney all snuggled together on that bed! My dad worked shift work for 40 years, so he missed all the fun.

My parents had a queen. Now they have a king. I had a full size growing up. We have a queen now. I wish we had a king, but my house is older and a king box spring would never fit up my staircase. As it is, we had to get the split box spring for the queen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!