Spin-Off: Do All Your Appliances Match?

Yes, built new house... everything matches... Yay:cheer2:
I work for a homebuilder and we do about 400 units a year, all of which include appliances purchased from our supplier on an allowance. I really can't remember the last time I was in one of our houses where the customers mixed-and-matched brands. I'm curious enough that I'm going to chat with our Account Rep on Monday and ask what percentage of people do mix then when purchasing all 3 (or 4 or 6) appliances at once. I'll bet the percentage is extremely small.

I think it's at least 25 years old. Parts would be hard to source.

It's honestly about being stubborn too. I like to see how long things can hold on for.
:goodvibes This is making me smile thinking of a number of people I know who would have MacGyver'ed a new handle on there out of bolts and a broomstick long ago. :thumbsup2

Our are all stainless and LG except the fridge which is Kenmore. We used to have a black dishwasher but went ahead and matched it when we got new appliances.

I'd be happy if all our appliances were from the same decade/century, not worrying about manufacturer or color, hahaha. Yes, we NEED new appliances and it was on the list for this spring, but we are having a wedding instead! :cloud9:

I work for a homebuilder and we do about 400 units a year, all of which include appliances purchased from our supplier on an allowance. I really can't remember the last time I was in one of our houses where the customers mixed-and-matched brands. I'm curious enough that I'm going to chat with our Account Rep on Monday and ask what percentage of people do mix then when purchasing all 3 (or 4 or 6) appliances at once. I'll bet the percentage is extremely small.

I bet it's extremely small, too... if you're buying all of them new at once, and especially in conjunction with another large purchase like a brand new house. I already replied in this thread, but we bought a new dishwasher last year and are in the market for a refrigerator right now after ours died. Quite a few manufacturers offer HUGE discounts if you're buying the whole "suite" at the same time (discounts for buying 2 appliances at the same time, bigger discount for 3 appliances, even bigger for 4 appliances, etc). If you were looking to buy/replace all of your appliances, sticking with one manufacturer would make good financial sense -- almost too good to pass up. But if you're replacing appliances one at a time, then there's much less of an incentive to buy JUST because it's the same brand (if other brands have better features, better price, etc).

I'd be happy if all our appliances were from the same decade/century, not worrying about manufacturer or color, hahaha. Yes, we NEED new appliances and it was on the list for this spring, but we are having a wedding instead! :cloud9:
It would be great to be in a position to not have to choose but alas, our new appliances will likely mean a "staycation" for us next year.

There’s a current thread discussing the relative merits of various brands of major appliances. I’m kind of surprised by how many people have several different “badges” in their kitchens; say for example a Maytag stove, Bosch dishwasher and GE fridge (or whatever).

All the homes I’ve lived in have had all the pieces the same and right now I’m in the market for a new stove and dishwasher but also planning to switch the fridge out so it will match. What do you have and is keeping it all the same important to you at all?

Not important at all that mine all be the same brand. Our appliances that we had put in when when we built our home 17 years ago are now being replaced as they 'retire'. We research our needs, prices, and best products we can compare, then we make our decisions. We do, of course, keep the same type colors, ie. stainless, ivory, etc. Those are about the only finishes I would consider as I hate black.

We have combinations of GE, Samsung, and Kenmore at this time. All have had great track records with us (would never replace anything for Kenmore anymore for obvious reasons, but have never had issues with previous appliances).

Mine are all stainless, but the brands do not match. We are getting ready to update our appliances and get a new Quartz countertop. I don't think that my appliances will match again either. I'm looking at a Bosch dishwasher and an LG or Viking range. (I am not sure I am into a non self cleaning oven but I love the look of a pro) Not even sure about the fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter