Spin-Off: Do All Your Appliances Match?

I’m one of those that needs matching appliances!

When we first moved into our current house, the appliances did not match, & it bothered me greatly!

We purchased a new washer & dryer & got Whirlpool. Then, a couple of years later, we replaced our refrigerator & our dishwasher (but not at the same time) & got Whirlpool, but the oven just kept working, much to my dismay! It was an old trusty Kenmore, & I don’t remember what brand our microwave was.

FINALLY, a few Novembers ago, during a Black Friday sale, we purchased new Whirlpool everything for the kitchen: refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, & microwave.

And all the appliances matched - even the washer & dryer which live in a completely different room.

And the appliance gods & I were happy !

Our old refrigerator went to our mud room, &, when it quit working last year, we decided we really do need an extra fridge. So we bought a basic freezer-over-fridge to replace it - and went w/ Whirlpool again!

We leave our toaster & can opener on the kitchen counter, & they match as well - CuisineArt. We recently replaced our Keurig, & I campaigned hard for the CuisineArt coffee maker, but went w/ the Ninja instead.

But, yes, I like all my appliances to match!! Someday the Appliance God might do a surprise visit!!

I think the matching colors, matching brands is a new house builder thing. I mean, you could do it. But when we remodeled the kitchen, we went with features we wanted and reviews, and made sure the colors and finishes look good together. We cook a lot. So we have Kitchenaid, Viking, Bosch. And a Kenmore Elite microwave. All brushed finish stainless and most with black panels, all have same style handles. And now our Instant Pot fits right in!

I think all our kitchen appliances match - my wife picked them out when we were renovating our kitchen and (again, I think) we have all GE appliances, stainless steel.

No, mine do not match in brand, just all black. We generally replace things as they break and then use Consumer Reports ratings to get something decent with the features we want at a good price. We do tend to buy a lot of Kenmore, but not sure what will happen to them now that Sears is closing all over the place. My dishwasher is actually a GE because that was all that would fit in the spot without major rerouting of pipes. Apparently dishwashers have changed in shape in the back and most will not fit with our current plumbing.

I’ve never been crazy about stainless, but do actually like the black stainless. I might consider that, but wouldn’t enjoy waiting for everything to break so all would match in color. Someday I hope to completely redo our kitchen. Maybe then we’ll get all new.

I thought this would be about color matching. Yes, I'd want all the appliances to have the same color, but brand names don't need to match.

All my kitchen appliances are white and all were GE when I bought the house. I've since replaced the range with LG and the dishwasher with Bosch. Still white, and had to order both.

I'm waiting for avocado, harvest gold, and brown to make a comeback. ;)

Our oven and stove top are built in. I had to buy a new fridge when we bought the house and have since replaced the dishwasher, so only the stove and cooktop are the same brand. The washer and dryer are both kenmores bought 4 years apart.

Ours started off matching when the house was built but now just about everything has been replaced. I just checked and I happened to buy the same brand dishwasher and stove. My fridge is different. As long as they all basically look similar I don’t care if they are different brands. Washer and dryer are different brands.

I thought this would be about color matching. Yes, I'd want all the appliances to have the same color, but brand names don't need to match.

All my kitchen appliances are white and all were GE when I bought the house. I've since replaced the range with LG and the dishwasher with Bosch. Still white, and had to order both.

I'm waiting for avocado, harvest gold, and brown to make a comeback. ;)

I dealt with harvest gold for a while in our first house because that's what was there when we purchased. It was a happy, happy day when the stove started acting up and we replaced it and the refrigerator with white, moving the harvest gold refrigerator to the basement for overflow. Since the dishwasher was a tank that showed absolutely no sign of stopping ever I ordered a new, white face for the door and we moved into the nineties. (When we moved 7 years later the dishwasher still ran like it could go forever).

Our current home had an ancient, brown French door style refrigerator that was custom made back in the day, even with a custom name badge on the front stating it was made especially for the family who originally lived in our home.

Our home is four years old. We have already replaced the refrigerator - moved the original to the kitchenette in the basement and just replaced the dishwasher. They are a combination of KitchenAid, Samsung and Whirlpool. We had to supply the refrigerator, the builder had already installed everything else. While none of them are bad, we really like to cook and our kitchen gets heavy use. As I have to replace appliances, I am going to buy the best brand for my needs based on ratings, features, etc. that I can afford. I am not necessarily going to limit myself to one brand only for aesthetic purposes.

All of our appliances are stainless, but there is some difference in the handles for example. I really don't care and the space all looks very nice and put together anyway. At least in my opinion.

None of ours match! Our fridge is stainless, stove is black/stainless, and dishwasher is white. I think the microwave is black. The dishwasher blends right in to the white cupboards so I'm very happy with it. I don't think anything looks like it clashes! We managed to get good deals on everything and it was nice not to feel tied to a particular brand or colour.

Ours are all black stainless.

When we purchased the house, all appliances were black. As they went out, we replaced with black. I never liked the look of stainless appliances.

Then black stainless was introduced and I loved it. Replaced our fridge with a Samsung black stainless. Then when we renovated the kitchen, purchased all new black stainless kitchenaid appliances. Wanted to get Samsung to match the fridge, but the built in oven didn’t come in the size we needed. Had to buy kitchenaid and boy do we love them.

When our Samsung fridge goes out, we will buy the matching black stainless kitchenaid to have a full set.

We bought our house new, so all the appliances were GE at first. Now I have a Kenmore fridge, but I replaced the stove and microwave with GE. Going to be in the market for a dishwasher soon. Mines on its last leg. I dont care what brand they are, I just look for a good deal with decent reviews.

Two days ago we moved into a brand new spec home. I'm not in love with it but it fits our current needs. The house came with all of the appliances (stainless Electrolux) except for a fridge. We were given after closing a gift card for Nebraska Furniture Mart that I used to buy an entertainment center (our old house had a built-in one), new TV to fit the new entertainment center, and a fridge. I didn't like the Electrolux choices so I got a stainless Samsung with french doors and bottom freezer drawer.

Our former house had appliances picked out by the original homeowners. There was a cabinet panel Subzero fridge, cabinet panel Thermador dishwasher and the rest were Thermador black. When our dishwasher needed to be replaced I couldn't find a Thermador I liked and the panel didn't fit anyways. I decided to pick what I liked and chose Bosch. When the microwave broke the only one I could find that fit the small hole was a Kenmore.

All I have is a stove and fridge. Moved in last year in the spring. No idea if they match with brand nor do I care. I buy what's affordable with the least amount of useless features. I just want my stove and oven to heat things up and want my fridge to keep things cool.

I saw someone say everything bluetooth connected. I can't for the life of me think what you would need bluetooth on kitchen appliances for.

Refrigerator, dishwasher, and oven match in color. Bought them all at the same time 12 years ago. Fridge and dishwasher are GE, stove is Hotpoint.

(Yeah, they probably all need replacing very soon)

In close to 30 years I don't think my kitchen has ever had all the same brand of appliances. We did a major remodel five years ago and bought all new appliances but they are different brands.

Refrigerator, dishwasher, and oven match in color. Bought them all at the same time 12 years ago. Fridge and dishwasher are GE, stove is Hotpoint.

(Yeah, they probably all need replacing very soon)

Lord, I'd have a fit if my appliances only lasted 12 years. I think my "new" stove is 12 years old. It replaced a 27 year old Litton that only got replaced because the microwave, stove and oven were all one unit, and the microwave needed a minor part that was no longer available since Litton had gone out of business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!