Spin-Off: Do All Your Appliances Match?

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
There’s a current thread discussing the relative merits of various brands of major appliances. I’m kind of surprised by how many people have several different “badges” in their kitchens; say for example a Maytag stove, Bosch dishwasher and GE fridge (or whatever).

All the homes I’ve lived in have had all the pieces the same and right now I’m in the market for a new stove and dishwasher but also planning to switch the fridge out so it will match. What do you have and is keeping it all the same important to you at all?

refrigerator doesn't match in brand, the rest were included when the house was built
When replacing, I wouldn't hesitate to go with different brands

our microwave is the only one that doesn't match the others in brand.
We’re planning to keep our OTR microwave too but I thought I’d take the badge off when the new stuff comes. I don’t use the microwave much and it is beyond useless as a hood fan but since it’s still going strong I’ll skip the extra expense.

We’re planning to keep our OTR microwave too but I thought I’d take the badge off when the new stuff comes. I don’t use the microwave much and it is beyond useless as a hood fan but since it’s still going strong I’ll skip the extra expense.
Ours was still going strong when we replaced the other applicances. And actually our microwave is black too while everything else is stainless. I figured it would be replaced again at some point sooner than the stove/fridge/dishwasher.

When our house was built just over 4 years ago all we had was an appliance allowance (excluded the fridge).

We had a specific place we had to go to and with what was in our appliance budget GE fit with our desired smooth black color and a gas stove/range (which cost more than electric).

We did have a choice of other brands but that would have us paying out of pocket for anything over the budget. If we had chosen stainless steel color that would have also put us over the allowance. We had some $ (not enough to get the next level up on any of the appliances) leftover from our appliance budget that we floated over to our bathroom fixtures allowance so we could upgrade our main level bathroom fixtures.

Our built-in microwave actually had an issue with it just outside of the warranty period so we haven't been using that for a while. Instead we've been using a 12 year old GE microwave sitting on our counter which was from college days. I know in that other thread brand was talked about and so was how they make appliances these days. We'll replace it eventually just don't want to spend the money at the moment but I'd like to get a drawer built-in microwave due to where the microwave is located at.

Our fridge is a Whirlpool one. We bought it through Direct Buy where they price matched and took an additional 15% off of the price and during that time period Whirlpool was running a special where they would come and drop it in the spot for no added charge. My husband did have to actually connect it just before they slid it in the spot as it wasn't a full installation but that wasn't a big deal at all. I was so thankful for that special because the workers had to take our front door off its hinges to get the fridge in the house and skillful move in a tight spot where the kitchen island is by the fridge alcove.

Our stove & fridge were purchased from the same store at the same time, but I don’t believe they’re the same brand. Nothing else matches.

I had never had matching appliances so when we did this kitchen that was at the top of my wishlist. We ended up buying our KitchenAid dishwasher about a year before we remodeled the kitchen. I got my wish and we bought a matching stove and microwave. Our plan had been to also eventually move the Samsung refrigerator to the garage and get a matching KitchenAid refrigerator then we realized how ridiculous that was when it works fine and mostly (everything is stainless) matches. Spending a couple grand just so it all matched didn’t make sense for us. If the stove and microwave didn’t get high marks I wouldn’t have had a problem going with different brands.

Refrigerator, Kenmore (made by LG), almond in color. Purchased in 2010 before our 2015 remodel.
Dishwasher, Whirlpool, almond in color, purchase for the remodel.
Stove/Oven, Almond. GE purchased in about 2000 before the remodel
Microwave, Sharp drawer, stainless, purchased for the remodel. We ordered an almond one, but Sharp was sold out, and then decided to eliminate the Almond and Black models, all they sell now are stainless.
Washer/Dryer LG white.

Yes .. when we build our home last year they supplied all the appliances because they were building to “ green code “ so we had to have certain appliances. I do like them though , they are all Bluetooth connected .

No, and right now my fridge isn't even the same color as the rest.
When I do look for new ones (dishwasher and fridge only) I'm not getting the same brands.

Ooh. Where's the thread about appliance brands. I missed that one, but could use it?

When we bought this house, the microwave, stove and dishwasher matched (GE, white). The refrigerator was also white, but a different brand.

Last year the dishwasher died and we replaced it with a Bosch because it highly rated. We got white, since our other appliances were white. I didn't even think about matching brands with the other appliances.

Earlier this fall, our refrigerator died. I want a nice, white, french door refrigerator with water/ice through the door. I had NO IDEA how hard that would be to find. Nobody stocks white anymore except in the most basic refrigerators. Everything's stainless. We had to special order it and were told it could be delivered in 3 weeks. We said OK. The day before our planned delivery they called and said they wouldn't be able to make the date -- now it's been delayed until 11/28. I'm praying that we get it then, because I don't know what we'll do if we can't get it. There are not that many nice refrigerators even available in white, and we ordered this one partly because we [thought we] could get it. Everything else was backordered even farther. I don't know what it is with white. Anyway, the husband and I are at an impasse. There are lots of refrigerators available in stainless... and while I like white better, I could live with a fingerprint resistant stainless fridge. DH is insisting that they MUST match, at least in color... and he'd rather get a bare-bones white refrigerator (no french doors, no water/ice through the door). Sigh. Please come, please come, please come! (For the last 2 months, we've been using a combo of a dorm-size fridge in the kitchen and a spare bare-bones fridge in the basement.)

When we remodeled our kitchen, our black appliances were still good, so we kept them, with the plan we'd replace as needed.

When the first one went, we decided to go black and stainless, to sort of match, still. And we did the same for the others, which have all been replaced now.

I also wanted ones that I wanted for functionality (with a hearty dose of price), not for brand. So basically, all of ours are black and stainless now, but none of them are matching brands. It doesn't bother me at all.

No. We currently do not have matching brands or colors. Currently stainless for stove and dishwasher, white for refrig and microwave. If I had the time, and wanted to spend significantly more, I would have special ordered stove and dishwasher in white. I don't get the stainless fascination, think it's annoying to clean and don't like the look as much.

We rent and when we moved it, nothing matched. Our fridge was white, our stove was a creamy colour and the dishwasher was a lighter cream. Then, about a month ago our stove caught on fire and we got a new one and it’s way newer than the old one and it’s white. I’m much happier now lol

I thought I would want everything to match until we started building our house (still to be finished). We purchased a floor model Miele stove... but I didn't like any of their refrigerator and didn't want to spend $1000 more on a dishwasher just because it had their name. So everything is actually a different brand but all stainless.

My washer and dryer match.
But the appliances in my kitchen don't match. Different brands and different colours.

I WANT all my appliance to match, and they used to, but we have to get a new fridge. The repair man defrosted the bottom freezer by hand and said the defroster is rusted out, so when the freezer part ices over the fridge part won’t cool. We are on borrowed time. Like I said, all our appliances used to match (Jenn Air pro style range, cabinet paneled kitchenaid dishwasher and cabinet paneled Amana fridge) but they’ve been dying off piecemeal. So now we have a Bosch stainless dishwasher. We’re going to get a Jenn Air pro style fridge to match the stove. Well at least the badging will match. They changed the handle style a couple of years ago - so aggravating! By the time the old stove dies they’ll probably have changed the handles yet again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter