Spiderman

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
I suffer from motion sickness on motion simulators like Body Wars, star tours and so on. I have read really good reviews on Spiderman and wonder if I dare try it - it will be our first trip to IOA - are there any rides here I really must avoid?

i dont think you will have a problem with spiderman. i went with 2 people who suffer with motion sickness and they didnt have a problem with this ride. personally though, i think the motion sickness would be worth it for this ride. it is outstanding.

Hmmmm......I do think that if you have motion sickness easily that the spiderman ride might just bother you....but as regi stated I really think that it is worth it most definately. Just um.."be prepared!!"

Have fun!!

You know, if you have problems with motion sickness, take a Bonine tablet. They work great for motion sickness, and you only need one pill for the whole day. You won't get sleepy, and there are no side affects. Any pharmacy sells them. They are a life saver for my 8 year old. He can ride anything with no problems.

I don't want to sound negative or anything, but this is the pure truth. The last two times I've gotten on Spidey we've had to get off before the ride left the station because someone had thrown up in our SCOOP on the ride before us. What you should do is just what Barbruka said, just take some type of motion sickness pill. My cousin who gets really nautious took one, I forgot the name, but it was a really common type she bought at the HRH. Either way she rode Spidey, Doom, Hulk, and everything else withought one hint of motion sickness.

Thanks for your advice - I asked about getting Bonine before our trip at a pharmacy in the UK but they didn't seem to have heard of it - or maybe it was just that pharmacy - they could only offer me remedies that would make me drowsy. We are staying on site at WDW wthout a car - can you buy this at the All Stars shop or in a theme park, do you think?

Bonine is great, however, it does make some people drowsy. BUT... you can take it before you go to bed. It's good for about 12 hours. It REALLY makes you more than drowsy if you consume alcohol shortly after taking it.
Also, on Spiderman, you can always close your eyes if you start feeling sick. It's not moving as actively as other simulator rides.

My DH problem with these rides is not sick to your stomach but they make him dizzy and light headed. Is the same type of stimulation as Star Tours? He can't do that at all. Even ToT bothered him. Should we keep him off of Spidy?

It is NOT at all like Star Tours. The car doesn't move a lot . It's done mostly with fantastic visual effects. Close your eyes and you're hardly moving.

I've gotten queasy on both Body Wars and Star Tours and NEVER on Spiderman. Both BW and ST do a terrible job of matching the motion of the simulator with what you are seeing on the screen. That's really what makes people motion sick, a disconnect between what they're seeing and what they're feeling.

Spiderman is not only NOT a simulator ride, but the synchronization of what you see in 3-D and what you feel in the ride vehicle is nothing short of brilliant.

I'd vote for giving it a try. If you start feeling sick, just close your eyes.

guy's are you forgetting the three spins in the tunnel just before the episode with the water dude???. :pinkbounc

I would say 'try it', but if you start feeling dizzy just take off the glasses. If it does help, close your eyes for a while and enjoy the ride from there.

It is still worth visiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter