"Spice Road Table" for "Illuminations" - Amazing !

tinkerhon

DIS Veteran
Best meal of our trip ! Our server Karim was amazing, and the food was excellent (again) - I booked an
8:05 ADR - perfect timing - our dessert was being served right when the show was starting - sat inside by a back window and the view was so nice- the atmosphere so relaxed ! Would do it every night if I could !

I have been hearing a lot of positive reviews of Spice Road Table lately, and I am considering making an ADR! What dishes did you have?

Spice Road, lunch time, outside, à respite from the heat and craziness outside. They have really good food from appetizers/tapas (grilled merguez sausages, fish croquettes, and hummus fries, different but so tasty, want to try the Brie next) to full dinner (rack of lamb or the skewer platter are our favorites)! They have nice wine pairings, it’s by the water, not rushed, you can take your time and even catch the fireworks at night. We love it and go every trip!

Last edited:
We enjoyed the lamb sliders and the heirloom tomato salad.
The mint ice tea was delicious.
Even in the heat the covered patio was cool by the water.

How many tables do they have with a view of Illuminations? Are they all inside? Would there be a place for a party of 7? If you table does not have a view is there a place you can go and watch?

How many tables do they have with a view of Illuminations?
Are they all inside?
Would there be a place for a party of 7?
If you table does not have a view is there a place you can go and watch?

Not many.
Some are outside, maybe 5 along fence.
Possibly if they put tables together.
No where to watch, you need to stay at your table.

There is also an island that will block some of the view depending on your table.

Here is some info from another post I made ..

https://www.disboards.com/threads/spice-road-table-viewing-for-illuminations.3645775/

0110ZW_0016MS.jpg

Outside, this is it, the far tables are with views. Maybe 5 tables along fence.

WDWInfo-Spice-Road-Table-004.jpg

I've gone for some apps (hello brie!) in the early afternoon, but we're excited to try dinner here with hopes of a good view of Illuminations.

I’m so xcited to hear this. I’ve already made reservations for our January trip. I’m going to miss Illuminations when it’s gone. Just hearing the music gives me the feels.

Last edited:
Love Spice Road Table! The rack of lamb was delicious and the Brie fondue was yummy, especially with the hummus fries.

We tried this for the first time this last August. Great outside viewing of Illuminations. We would definitely go again.

We had the exact same time seating as you did and really enjoyed the food. Our servers were fabulous too. One of the best meals of the trip. Unfortunately, it began to pour rain outside and Illuminations was delayed. We had a week left to our trip so we decided not to wait around too long and went back to catch it later in the week, but we would have had a nice view from our table had it happened on time.

Best meal of our trip ! Our server Karim was amazing, and the food was excellent (again) - I booked an
8:05 ADR - perfect timing - our dessert was being served right when the show was starting - sat inside by a back window and the view was so nice- the atmosphere so relaxed ! Would do it every night if I could !

My mom and I had a similar experience on September 6th. We had the same server, Karim, and a great two seat table outside on the patio along the fence - near the boat launch. We had a great meal, but not the best timing for fireworks - finished about 30 minutes before Illuminations. Karim graciously allowed us to stay and watch Illuminations from the table -- it was my birthday, so very nice extra perk. Of course, we both decided to order another sangria and Karim gave us a special aperitif to drink while viewing the show. An excellent end to a milestone birthday. Highly recommend Spice Table Road for Illuminations and a great meal.

Love the food there.
If you want to watch Illuminations, I would sit outside. You will have a much better view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!