Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction?

Leota

DIS Veteran
Anyone else out there have this or know anyone who does? Going thru lots of testing & this is where they're heading. The final test they want to do is very risky. It's pancreatic, so scaring me witless. If anyone has any experience, I would love to talk.....

Hi Leota, I'm sorry you are going through this. Pancreatic stuff is crummy.
I am going to try and PM you.
I can't remember how many posts it takes. If I can't then PM me. :)

For happy Dis planner, I believe you can send and receive PMs after 10 posts.

For Leota, sorry to hear you are having this issue and hope you can get it sorted out soon.
I don't know anything personally about the condition other than I remember seeing something about the sphincter when I took anatomy in Nursing school.
Cleveland Clinic is a very well know & reputable medical facility. They have a very informative and velar page of information about Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction.
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disor...orders/hic-sphincter-of-oddi-dysfunction.aspx

It also includes a couple of other links at the bottom of the page.

Thanks guys......

Happy Dis Planner, I'll pm you as I haven't seen it yet. Sue, thanks for the link. I know the Cleveland Clinic is very good. I will be doing some reading over there after I sign off this post.

GI wants to take the GB first, even tho I have no large stones or reduced functioning on HIDA. I do have polyps which he says could be associated with sludge/tiny stones that don't show on ultrasound. He feels this is safer than the ERCP w/ manometry that the surgeon is recommending. I am getting a 2nd from another surgeon. I do trust this GI on gut issues more than a surgeon.

I'm glad he wants to exhaust every avenue before pursuing any invasive pancreatic testing. I know it's crazy, but I'm hoping it's the GB & it turns out to have been the culprit of this last 3 years of illness, food issues & weight loss. Hey, a girl can hope, can't she? ::yes:: As long as it can stop these constant attacks, the rest is gravy....

I was supposed to be in FL now...... Can't go "home" until I get this cleared up as I haven't set myself up there with a new medical team yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!