Spend Money on Ride Maintenance Please!

Right. Look at all the trouble they had with Jaws and Kong for years. I'm convinced the only reason they keep ET is because of Steven Spielberg. Once he's gone, they'll demolish it immediately.

They deferred refurbishment on Splash for years because they knew it was "problematic" and didn't want to spend the money until a new theme was chosen.

There's no excuse with ROR though. They make bank on that ride with individual LL purchases that could easily fund ongoing maintenance. And the ride itself typically opens later, closes on time or early every single night and is rarely open for events.
If it were up to me I’d give Rise a refurb next summer. The new ride smell has worn off, they can afford to take it offline during a slow time and get it to a point where it can be more reliable. Solve the issues with the trackless system, maybe apply those lessons to the other two trackless rides, which aren’t exactly immune to similar problems. All of these rides are new enough that you’d expect them to be more reliable than the aforementioned oldies.

It is very uncomfortable & claustrophobic being stuck. (Trapped by a seatbelt!)

This happened to us on Indy on our last DLR trip... I admit after sitting stuck in a seat for 10 minutes I started remembering all the fires in there and wondering what happens if something ignites and we can't get out. At some point they have to auto unlock so you can run, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter