Spectrum of the Seas

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
We just booked a 12 night cruise for next summer on Spectrum of the Seas leaving out of Singapore and ending in Tokyo (hoping to do a few days at Tokyo Disneyland after). This will be our first Royal cruise (and our longest cruise to date) though we are not new to cruising having done 3 DCL, 2 Carnival and 2 NCL cruises. I am very excited about the itinerary but the reviews of the ship are not great considering it’s a newer ship. Anyone been on this ship and can share their experience?

Last edited:
Was thinking about this same cruise but afraid to book it with all that is still going on in the world. Is this the one that also visits Hong Kong?

What i do understand is that the ship is geared towards Asian market. So asian menu’s and all announcements are different asian languages.

Was thinking about this same cruise but afraid to book it with all that is still going on in the world. Is this the one that also visits Hong Kong?

What i do understand is that the ship is geared towards Asian market. So asian menu’s and all announcements are different asian languages.
Yes it does visit Hong Kong. We only had to put down a small deposit so if ports are not open figured we could see about postponing to the following year or just going on a different cruise. From what I understand things are slowly reopening— Japan is now allowing foreign visitors again (albeit with restrictions) so hoping by next summer more will have opened with less restrictions.
I also heard that they do cater to an Asian market but also watched a couple videos with English speaking passengers who also showed menus in English so maybe you just have to request them?

Last edited:
We were scheduled to do Tokyo to Seattle on the Ovation. It was booked in Spring of 2019 so you know what happened to that cruise. We booked that for a few reasons but one was the fact that this cruise would have been targeted to more of the US market not the Asian market. The main difference was that we were on a Star Class cruise when we booked and had booked into Star Class. In the Asian market they do not do the same suites programs. There are some other changes due to not technically being a US sailing that you could expect. The ship should be fine as it is newer, but with it not being a US focus the programs and feel on the ship will be different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter