Spectating the Dark Side Half Marathon

BrianJ844

Earning My Ears
My wife is running the Dark Side Half on April 22 and my sister and I were wondering what is the best way to go cheer her on (and we are not interested in doing the ChEAR Squad stuff). We heard that getting from the start area to the finish area can take as long as running the actual thing, is this true? Do they have shuttles running from the hotels (we are at All Star Sports) to Epcot (for the finish) early on those days? What are yall's recommendations for spectators that don't have a car and are having to rely on Disney transportation?

Thanks,
Brian

They will have buses running to the finish at Epcot. Times are in the event guide -
  • 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Buses running from Host Resorts to Finish Line at Epcot®
Depending on when she'll finish Epcot may or may not be opened yet, but if it's open you could watch her from inside the park.

Thanks for the information. I will have to track down the event guide. Do you know if the Monorails run early that morning as well? Figure they would be an easy way to get from the start to the finish line as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!