Special things to do on birthdays at Disney World

Laneyg

Mouseketeer
We will be going to Disney World (our 3rd time) in October for our triplets' 12th birthday. I wondered if anyone has some suggestions for something unique we could do on their actual birthday.
Some suggestions I have gotten so far are:
Ferrytale Fireworks Cruise
Characters in flight balloon ride at Disney Springs
Caring for Giants Elephant tour

What else? Thanks!

-Star wars or Happily Ever After dessert party
-miniature golf at Winterland/Summerland
-backstage tour

You can order a birthday cake to be presented at a TS restaurant. If that’s a bit too much, you can add their birthday celebration to your ADR and many restaurants have a smaller birthday treat that they will present at dessert time. Some character restaurants will also give a birthday card with the signatures of the characters there.

Don't count on receiving anything you don't arrange and pay for yourself. Sometimes CMs at restaurants do things but they aren't required to and it isn't a given.

We are looking at the amphicar ride at Disney Springs for my son's birthday. We have also ordered a cake at the resort where we were staying for him.

We spent our Twins fifth birthday at Disney the day before we went to epcot had Breakfast At Garden grill Which our Waiter Was Amazing And sang Them Happy Birthday And brought Out Cake Much To My Dismay At 9am! In Mexico and China Pavillions The Sang Happy Birthday To Them In Their Native Languages. Narcoosees For Dinner Made A Huge Deal at Dinner Pixi Dust On The Table And Amazing Dessert For Them On The House! On Their Actual Birthday we Did MK. So Much Fun Make Sure They Get Buttons! I Think At age 12 They Would Love A Fireworks Cruise Or Desert Party Or If Budget Allows A Tour at AK would Be Awesome!!!

I second the birthday buttons. I was at Disneyland for my birthday a couple of years ago and my sister got me a birthday button to wear. I was shocked at the number of CM's and even guests that wished me happy birthday. :)

I took my daughter to WDW for her 7th birthday and we will be there again this year for her 17th.

- Birthday Buttons are a must
- Tag every ADR for your entire trip, not just on their birthday
- Look into special desserts/cakes. Grand Floridian has mini castle cakes available at their restaurants and both GF and Cinderella's Royal Table have slipper desserts.
- We are doing a HEA Fireworks Cruise for dd's upcoming birthday. I thought it was a more logical choice than a super fancy dinner or paying individually for a dessert party.

Where do you reserve the fireworks cruise? My son is turning 18 on July 3 when we are there. Thanks for asking OP, and the ideas!

You call 407-WDW-PLAY to book the fireworks cruises.

I am considering an amphicar ride from the Boathouse at Disney Springs for my DS' 15th birthday in June.

IF you are wearing your birthday button in Mexico & the mariachi band is playing - they will sing to you in Spanish and then in English, so amazing.

I took my sister to the star Wars dessert party on her birthday and she was wearing a birthday button, we have never had storm troopers lead us anywhere before, but that was extra special.

I also buy a special cupcake or drink, or both, for my sister or my mom on their birthday.

You can order a birthday cake to be presented at a TS restaurant. If that’s a bit too much, you can add their birthday celebration to your ADR and many restaurants have a smaller birthday treat that they will present at dessert time. Some character restaurants will also give a birthday card with the signatures of the characters there.

Never ever count on a restaurant honoring a birthday note. Just because you put it there, doesn't mean it's on them to do anything.

Don't count on receiving anything you don't arrange and pay for yourself. Sometimes CMs at restaurants do things but they aren't required to and it isn't a given.

BINGO!

I second the birthday buttons. I was at Disneyland for my birthday a couple of years ago and my sister got me a birthday button to wear. I was shocked at the number of CM's and even guests that wished me happy birthday. :)

The CM's are trained to look for them and wish you a happy birthday. It's pretty much standard procedure. Nothing special (well, to them anyway).

IF you are wearing your birthday button in Mexico & the mariachi band is playing - they will sing to you in Spanish and then in English, so amazing.

I took my sister to the star Wars dessert party on her birthday and she was wearing a birthday button, we have never had storm troopers lead us anywhere before, but that was extra special.

I also buy a special cupcake or drink, or both, for my sister or my mom on their birthday.

Again, random pixie dust moments do not mean anything for anyone else. We've had our share of things over the years and we've NOT had anything over those same years as well.

I will not go into detail as to what any of the moments were that we DID have because it was unique and magical for our time there. Some were nothing short of pure awesome, but we will not add to the growing entitlement that people DEMAND pixie dust.

If you want to do things, Disney's site has lots of cruises and party options that you can add for a fee. Doing something on your own is pretty much the only way to guarantee anything.

The CM's are trained to look for them and wish you a happy birthday. It's pretty much standard procedure. Nothing special (well, to them anyway).

I will not go into detail as to what any of the moments were that we DID have because it was unique and magical for our time there. Some were nothing short of pure awesome, but we will not add to the growing entitlement that people DEMAND pixie dust.

If you want to do things, Disney's site has lots of cruises and party options that you can add for a fee. Doing something on your own is pretty much the only way to guarantee anything.

Just because it's nothing special to them doesn't mean it isn't special to the person who is wearing the button. Also, I don't see anyone DEMANDING pixie dust, just sharing their experiences. You're an awful negative nelly.

Going to the water parks are really fun, especially typhoon lagoon and their sand pail filled with ice cream, also speaking of ice cream, taking them to beaches and cream at bc is a fun treat as well

Just because it's nothing special to them doesn't mean it isn't special to the person who is wearing the button. Also, I don't see anyone DEMANDING pixie dust, just sharing their experiences. You're an awful negative nelly.

I honestly have worn my birthday button and taken it off. The attention garnered actually gets to be a bit much sometimes, but YMMV.

*Rant ahead*
That said, I'll take the negative nelly crown because I'm tired (as well as others) of seeing threads that turn into what magical unique freebies can I get. The OP did not come on looking for freebies, but the thread got derailed into that. There's a reason why things happen less and less, and these forums (along with others) are a major part of the problem. People come on and share their "experiences" but then others use those experiences as entitlement and then go and push for CM's to recreate those scenarios. Then, when pushed, CM's don't do them anymore for anyone. We wonder why we can't have nice things at Disney? This is why. So again, that's why I won't share any of the awesome things that happened on my past trips because they were completely random things that happened and that's the way they should remain.*End Rant*

Totally free:

Buy a small notebook, go to each country in Epcot and have a CM sign happy birthday in their language and their name. Buy a pin from that country and take a picture with the CM. Make a collage frame when you get home.
I love this idea!!!

We faithfully wore birthday buttons all week, including at the waterpark (you can get temp. TATTOOS of the buttons there!!!) and got mixed results. Mostly I think we got Pixie Dust from my DH trying to be charming everywhere... but it did seem like MOST CM's verbally recognized the buttons which was good enough for my DD. One or two free cupcakes, a few songs at TS, and a handful of free souvenirs, but mostly the ENTIRE trip was the birthday celebration so I wasn't checking off who did and didn't give us what freebies...

We are going in November for my daughters 10th birthday. We booked a mermaid makeover at pirates league on her actual birthday.

I booked all my adr's online so i wasnt able to add a note that its her birthday but would like to. Is there some way to attach this online or do i need to call?

We are going in November for my daughters 10th birthday. We booked a mermaid makeover at pirates league on her actual birthday.

I booked all my adr's online so i wasnt able to add a note that its her birthday but would like to. Is there some way to attach this online or do i need to call?

You have to call dining and they can add a note to each reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter