• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special reward for husband ~ limo need CC info

Tiiiigergirl

<font color=red>Had to be rolled out of the restau
I posted this on the transportation board but thought the folks here might also have some suggestions.

I want to surprise my husband with a limo ride. I know he's always wanted to ride in one. I always thought it was just way too expensive since we could accomplish the same thing with a town car. Well I got to thinking, (beg pardon because this is kind of a morbid thought) that I didn't want our first limo ride to be for anyone's funeral ~ especially for each other.

I have the sweetest husband in the world. There isn't anything he wouldn't do for me. I have some severe health issues and he has remained by my side through it all and makes sure that he makes me laugh while I'm doing it. Just the other night he scattered rose petals on the floor and in a bubble bath, handed me a long-stem red rose and told me to relax in the tub. He got me some dinner and then fed me chocolate. Then he gave me an all over full body massage - including my feet! I'd been thinking about it for the past several weeks but that clinched it. He is a doll and deserves it!

So... I know that some of the companies don't accept credit cards. Out of the limo companies that do accept credit cards which one would you pick and why?

Also, what else could you think of doing that would make it special for him? We are doing the western 7-night cruise. We will be doing massages, don't suggest surial (we are one of the people who have had a horrible time with that), plan on doing Palo for the Brunch, Dinner and Tea if we can get it and have some great excursions planned. I'm just looking for something to surprise him with.

The one time we used a town car we used Tiffany and we were very happy with them. Don't know if they are one that accepts cards or not.

As for a surprise. I would call Shirley at The Perfect Gift.
www.theperfectgift.cc She does wonderful baskets. She can put in your DH's favorite drink (be it Pop, Beer or Wine). She might have some other suggestions as well. We used her for my MIL and she did a great job!

Yup, forgot about Perfect Gift. I will give SHirley a call.

Also, not sure if I stressed it but we've done the towncars before but never a limo. I guess I was wondering if they are all pretty much the same or if one was nicer/newer/fancier than the others. That kind of thing.

Dreamin my husband is definitely a keeper. I've had women ask me how I trained him or if he gives lessons to other husbands. The answer is that he came to me that way and so he really doesn't know how to teach it!

Yes - I suggest the perfect gift as well - I got one for my husband our last cruise and he was surprised and tickled to get something! He really loved it!!

this is not about a limo but may i ask what the problem was with your surial bath......we were thinking of doing this in nov.

Awwwwww, that's so sweet Tiiiigergirl! I hope I get to the cruise terminal before you - just to get to see you pull up in style! Would you mind having him talk to my DH!!!! I was thinking about getting a limo for us this time, too, but I think we'll just go for the Towncar. AND I'm going to be talking to Shirley myself about some special treats! We were very happy with Happy Limo when we used them last time - but, we had a Towncar (actually a Cadillac!)- so I can't say anything about the limo thing!

That hubby's a sweet thang - you hold on to him!

Karyn

Problem with the surial ~ OK keep in mind that this was the third time we'd done it and the first two were great. This last time none of the equipment worked properly. The shower was cool borderline cold. The attendant started us out saying that since we were the first couple of the day it would take some time to warm up. In an hour it never did. She said the same thing about the steam. It never turned on. Then the shower inside the chamber only had one head at one of the benches that sprayed anything. So picture if you will two nekid people covered in caked mud. Not pleasant. We literally had to use the towels dipped in the cold water and scrub the mud off. I explained the equipment had been broken to the staff member (not cast member - these are steiner employees and don't forget it) and she just shrugged her shoulders. Then I ask to speak with a manager. Keep in mind that we had done this treatment two previous years with no complaints and happily paid our bill and tip. We knew how the equipment was supposed to work. This time it was BROKEN. She said the manager was not available. I said fine but I would not pay the bill (aka sign the check) until we spoke to the manager. Now the same sweet husband is not big on confrontation. And this was the part that made me furious. I had made my position very, very clear. I would discuss the bill with the manager. My husband got dressed before I did. The same staff member corners my husband and coerces him into signing the bill without me there. As I said my husband only fights on something really, really important and in the grand scheme of things a $70 - $80 bill isn't one of them. For me it was the principle. When I found out he'd signed it there was heck to pay. I turned on her and said I wanted the manager to call me immediately. Then I marched to guest services and requested the same thing. Before the day was out, the money was refunded and we received complimentary passes to the rainforest room because of the way the staff member treated me. It still ruined my enjoyment of the spa for that trip. Kind of the way you hate returning to a store where you have really bad feelings.

So for this trip we will continue with the tradition of enjoying the spa but will not risk a booking in the surial room.

Tiiiigergirl,

We love hanging out in the rainforest room! See you there? I wouldn't do the Surial again - it worked - but it just wasn't our thing! But, oh, the seaweed wrap thing! Oh, my!!!! What bliss!

Karyn

We use Happy Limo...normally it's a town car, but we've also been upgraded to a limo and it was GORGEOUS!!! We felt like celebrities in a giant white stretch. That will be a really nice surprise for hubby.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter