Special Restaurant Recommendation please?

Miffy2003

<font color=orange>I've got Saratoga Springs - mak
Hello!

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a "special" restaurant for my 30th please? I will have my 2 DD's (4 & 7) with me but they are very well behaved in restaurants (the thought of food keeps them quiet!!) and I have no worries about taking them somewhere where perhaps there aren't that many other children.

I've thought of:

The Steakhouse in Disney Village
Hunter's Grill in Sequoia Lodge (but am a bit put off by the inclusion of salad (which I don't like at all) as a starter on all the set menus and there doesn't seem to be a huge choice of dishes either - but bonus would be not far to roll to get back to our room :)
The Yacht Club at Newport Bay

Does anyone have any feedback on the above or any other suggestions? I'm not too worried about the ££££'s as it's for a special occasion!!

Thanks

Karen

Hi Miffy .. Our trip report with pics and menu descrptions is on http://community.webshots.com/user/danny_jackie We ate at Walts, The Blue Lagoon, Manhattan, Yacht Club, Cinderellas Auberge though that was a christmas eve gala meal.

The best food and atmosphere was definately Walts.

The Manhattan was a better themed hotel than the YAcht Club whose theming I felt was a little bland but I think the Yacht Club is a better family choice but try to get a table in the conservatory at the windows.

The blue Lagoon feels that much more special and atmospheric but the food I felt was no where near the standards of the Auberge or Walts in the park.

Service was excellent in all and this over the busy christmas period. Though we had pre booked everything months before we travelled with the park.

Theres a great site (go to google and type dlp food guide for the link) that will list every menu for you. Ignore the strange reviews from Americans who think the portions are not lge enough because it didnt come in a bucket or that the menu was poor because they didnt serve quarter pounders or the real burger didnt taste like the mcdonalds back home. ( I'm not generalising all our US friends here but who are these idiots who write this stuff).

In general though its pricey and wine is not cheap though is welcome. Have a great time.

Everything in the Disney village resembled a fast food joint by the way and is not suitable for an adults special occasion.

Hi,

If you're willing to splash out a little then California Grill in The Disneyland Hotel is IMO the finest Disney restaurant within DLP. The food is simply amazing and the wine list is incredible! The views of the Disneyland Park are excellent and the restaurant offers superb service and a wonderful setting. The cuisine is generally American styled with delicious meats and some more 'unusual' fare alogn with great fish dishes. I had a delicious lamb dish. The wine list is extremely expansive and particularly Californian.

Within the park, as previously mentioned, Walt's and Blue Lagoon are my two favourites.

Richard. :)

Hello

Thanks for the advice guys - Richard, is it OK to take children to the California Grill? As previously mentioned I am lucky that mine are well behaved, but I would not want to take them anywhere they would be "unwelcome". Are you able to confirm for me?

I would love to eat in the Blue Lagoon but unfortunately the park closes at 8pm that night and I don't like to start eating until about then! We have got a reservation for the character breakfast at Walt's which I'm really looking forward to.

many thanks

Karen

The Blue Lagoon is wonderful for atmosphere, even if you're only popiing in for a pudding and a coffee after the the main rush at lunchtime is over. Walt's is great for food, but I would have thought the surroundings a little dull for children of your age?

This site might help a little with menu choices.

Regards

Rob

Hi Karen,

Yes, children are welcome at The California Grill. We've taken our 4 year old DS with us and the waiters have been super. There have always been children there on every visit.

Richard. :)

Richard - thank you very much for letting me know your DS was welcome.

Rob - Thank you for the link; I had promised a character breakfast to my girls but my travel agent said only Walt's was available! That's a great tip for coffee and dessert at the Blue Lagoon! I will make sure we do this if we don't get the chance to have a "proper" meal there.

Thanks for everyone's help!:D

Karen

I would go with Walts restaurant in Main street. We had a lovely meal there last boxing day - it was an excellent meal.

We had a really good meal with a 9 year old at Innoventions at The Disneyland Resort. It is a buffet style but the quality of food was very good and the characters kept my nephew amused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!